Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Alarm Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:28 AM
slyfox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm Install Question

This weekend I took the G to get an alarm installed at Best Buy. I was told that they do not do alarm installs on 07 and 08 cars that have the intelligent key. Reason is because "an alarm system has not been made for these cars" and on the cars where they did install the alarm system, they ended up having to remove the alarm because it caused the vehicle to not function properly. I was told that I have to wait for the alarm companies to produce alarms for these cars. I live in Florida. Has anyone run into this and if so what is everyone else doing?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Doesn't the car already have a decent alarm, why do you want an aftermarket alarm? Also I would NEVER let someone from BestBuy touch my car, those guys are complete idiots. I went there to ask them about a system for my old truck and they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. I'd try to find a place that specializes in that kind of stuff.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you want to upgrade your alarm system, just add some shock sensors, motion sensors to the oem alarm. our stock alarm system sucks, but i would hate to have to carry around the i-key fob plus the aftermarket alarm fob.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:49 PM
slyfox

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
Doesn't the car already have a decent alarm, why do you want an aftermarket alarm? Also I would NEVER let someone from BestBuy touch my car, those guys are complete idiots. I went there to ask them about a system for my old truck and they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. I'd try to find a place that specializes in that kind of stuff.
Thanks for the advice. I definitely won't use Best Buy.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:50 PM
slyfox

Originally Posted by Callaway
if you want to upgrade your alarm system, just add some shock sensors, motion sensors to the oem alarm. our stock alarm system sucks, but i would hate to have to carry around the i-key fob plus the aftermarket alarm fob.
What you mentioned is exactly what I wanted. I can see from the earlier post that the guys at Best Buy don't know what they are doing. They never mentioned that as an option. I will check out Stereo Sales and just have that added. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:56 PM
SL1CKZ

Bestbuy is for TV's, not even for computer, and definetely not the voice of your girlfriend..
Old 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by slyfox
This weekend I took the G to get an alarm installed at Best Buy. I was told that they do not do alarm installs on 07 and 08 cars that have the intelligent key. Reason is because "an alarm system has not been made for these cars" and on the cars where they did install the alarm system, they ended up having to remove the alarm because it caused the vehicle to not function properly. I was told that I have to wait for the alarm companies to produce alarms for these cars. I live in Florida. Has anyone run into this and if so what is everyone else doing?
A reputable aftermarket place can take care of your alarm needs. Note: The aftermarket alarm can not replace or be integrated into your current Infiniti key fob. The OEM alarm blows and is a joke so if you really want security, aftermarket is the better choice. As stated above, make sure you get tilt sensors so that if your car is jacked up (wheel theft is a big problem) the alarm will sense it and initiate the siren. Try Circuit City, they might be a bit better than BestBuy but otherwise, find a local reputable dealer in your city.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 PM
slyfox

Originally Posted by Achilles
A reputable aftermarket place can take care of your alarm needs. Note: The aftermarket alarm can not replace or be integrated into your current Infiniti key fob. The OEM alarm blows and is a joke so if you really want security, aftermarket is the better choice. As stated above, make sure you get tilt sensors so that if your car is jacked up (wheel theft is a big problem) the alarm will sense it and initiate the siren. Try Circuit City, they might be a bit better than BestBuy but otherwise, find a local reputable dealer in your city.
Cool. Thanx.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:23 AM
nogoodname
Banned

well, that Best-Buy clearly lied to you..lol

In Canada, we have Futureshop (sister store of best-buy) and they installed the viper system. Took 8 hours to do the install.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:40 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where can i get some shock sensors for the car?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:41 AM
nogoodname
Banned

^^ the viper system is a shock sensor. Then you can add on some tilt and proximity sensors
Old 10-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't let Best Buy do any audio work. They aren't that experienced. If they were, they wouldn't be there because private audio shops will pay installers more than Best Buy.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:33 PM
nogoodname
Banned

depends on which best-buy you go to ^^
Old 10-25-2008, 01:28 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nogoodname007
depends on which best-buy you go to ^^
Or exactly who is working at the time you actually.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:01 AM
slyfox

Any comments on what I can expect to pay for the alarm? I got a quote for $945.

Quick Reply: Alarm Install Question