Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Telescoping steering wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
batmobile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Okay, so I am a big fan of the Infiniti G37S Coupe and I have been reading a lot about this car (still saving up to buy one). One thing that I read in a thread that compared the A5, G37, and 335i (https://www.myg37.com/forums/other-cars/186009-drove-an-a5-and-g37-yesterday.html), was regarding the driver's seat and steering wheel moving out of the way when you exit the car and then moving back into place when you re-enter the car.

My friend has a 37S sedan and I saw him do this exactly. The entire steering column moved up and the driver's seat moved back as he left the car. When we returned and put the key in the ignition (he might have done something else as well), the steering column and driver's seat came back into place in as he had it before, aka driving position.

A lot people commented on this from that thread, here are they are:

Could someone who has a G37S Coupe Auto (or Manual.. not sure if it matters) please confirm if this "feature" is available? I am really confused as to why Infiniti would include this in the sedan and not the coupe. Thank you all for your help!!

~ Im2bz2p345
Yes this is a feature on Both the Coupe and the Sedan. I asked the dealer about this when I bought my coupe since a friend had the sedan that did that. Automatic transmissions are the only ones that will get that feature, I have no idea why that is but if you look in the manual it clearly states that only the autos have that feature. To turn it on or off if you have auto, go into the settings and its under "comfort/convience" setting.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Im2bz2p345

Originally Posted by batmobile
Yes this is a feature on Both the Coupe and the Sedan. I asked the dealer about this when I bought my coupe since a friend had the sedan that did that. Automatic transmissions are the only ones that will get that feature, I have no idea why that is but if you look in the manual it clearly states that only the autos have that feature. To turn it on or off if you have auto, go into the settings and its under "comfort/convience" setting.
Thanks for your response batmobile! Unforunately, what you wrote here goes against what everyone else has been saying in this thread.

I don't think the Automatic Coupe has this feature, only the Automatic Sedan.

Gosh, isn't there someone here with an 08-09 Automatic Coupe that can verify this? lol. If not, I guess that I might just have to stop into a dealership to check it out myself.

~ Im2bz2p345

**EDIT** Scratch that, I verified the answer by finding this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions/178502-steering-column-and-seat-adjustment-when-shutting-engine-off.html#post2330189

Originally Posted by btg123
Youre right. I went back and read manually (closely) and it refers to "sedan models only". Just assumed option was available b/c its actually on my "comfort/convenience" settings menu which they apparently forgot to delete.
Originally Posted by btg123
Yeah, just found out they apparently disabled it after the first few "batches" of 37s were distributed (out of fear for rear occupant's legs being crushed when seat sliding back).
Thanks all!!

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 10-20-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Bro you get a Big A for Effort on searching as a NEWB.... Its rare to find a new member who will search....

Kudos and welcome bro!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 PM
obhaiv

The G37S with Auto does not have this feature. It is only available in the sedans. Having said that I wont be surprised if someone haven't found a way to hack the HMI and make the option available.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
martinog

I have a 2008 G37 Coupe and was disappointed that the auto entry/exit or ingress/egress featue is not available. This should be a feature that could be enabled or disabled by the vehicle owner.