G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Buyers Remorse anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 AM
SteveG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my G37, however I do wish it was a bit quicker, that's my only remorse. But looking back I really wanted something that was a mix of luxury and power, something I could work with and add to over time without sacrificing luxury that is ultimately why I decided to go with the G.

I had a Scion tc and I put money into it, mod after mod, I continued with my original plan to build me a very fast car. But after doing this for 2 years I realized I wasn't even comfortable in the car, interior was cheap, it was very loud in the cabin on the highway, and it just wasn't something I could see driving for a few more years, so I decided to stop sinking money into it, and go with the G.

Now that I have my G, I have done a few mods, and have plans for many more. Eventually I know I'll end up going FI of some kind, probably a nice twin turbo setup. I know the G isn't the fastest car in it's price range out of the factory, but u know what, I still can argue with anyone that it's the best package of power/luxury out of the factory for the money. You can always make a car faster, but u can't always make it more luxurious so that is why ultimately I have no remorse buying my G.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 AM
buddyleee5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got the car from a dealer 220 miles away, and the day i bought it i loved it all the way home seeing as it was much faster than my last car, but ive owned it for 2 weeks, and i think to myself that i wont be able to keep the car for 5 year (.9% for 60). I'm 19 like you are, and noone our age is running something like this. The problem is that the only car i liked more than this was the 650cic and the bentley GT. Neither of which are anywhere close to my budget.
So when you look at it think about what your looking for, if your looking for speed check out an sti or something like that, but if you want something fast, but can still cruise to the club or around town and have people wondering who's that? get a G. For the price there isnt much around that can compete. Girls are always like what kind of car is that and blah blah, my buddy has an sti, and girls think its a civic LOL so if your looking to impress check out the G, if you want to please yourself go for what your heart desires
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 AM
G-Pimp

I think our G37s are the most beautiful cars on the road. Coming from an 04 G35 I love this car way more than my former vehicle. The exhaust, tails, healights, my PG color, graphite interior, and 330 HP always make me smile! This car is sexy and it is a monster on the freeway... Btw in case you didn't notice, no remorse here
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 AM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Every car I have had, I've had some sort of remorse:

RSX-S - Loved the car, but wanted an upgrade.

Escalade - GAS! Plus, after around 60,000 miles, the engine would shake, and transmission started tripping.

G35 - Fun car, and this is one of the cars I never should have sold. It was great, modded, etc. Remorse? Not really.

335i vert - AHH!!! Expensive monthly payment, breaks down every F'ing moment it has a chance, POS (from the roof making weird noises up to the engine blowing, ECU going, just a mess - HOWEVER, the 335i was the fastest car I have owned. I had the chip on it, so it was FAST. For my G37 to compete, it would need the HKS Hi-Power exhaust and a GREAT intake, to be somewhat even.

G37 - Love it. My only remorse is the loss of power compared to the 335i, however so many people complain as if this thing is a civic. It is faster than my G35 atleast, and the G35 had Stillen Exhaust, Stillen intake, and a few other small mods. Oh yes, something else I miss, but not too much since I'm a bit more grown up now - 6-speed. I have paddles which is a bit fun, but not the same. Funnest car I've owned to mod except for the RSX-S, but, who doesnt have fun modding hondas in their teens? :P
Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I upgraded from a 2005 G35 Sedan and have ZERO regrets.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:11 AM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
panties in a bunch i see.
Well, at least that comment could be comprehended!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 AM
gurneyeagle

I've had my G now for a year, and I really love it. That's not to say I haven't had any remorse.

I'm not sure I have ever bought a car and not had some remorse though. My problem is that I always want the newest car out there, but the bank account can't support it. I could probably buy a new car every six months if the cash was there.

All that being said, I really have to say I am satisfied, and that's a good thing because I'll be driving the car for at least the next four to five years.

The only things that really bother me about the G are the paint and the new 7 AT. I'm not sure I would have waited a year, but seeing the tach spin so high at 75 mph seems ridiculous.

I personally would give up some initial grunt for higher highway mileage. I know I am in a serious minority here, but I'm into more long trips than stop light drag races. My Acura TL had a highway range of over 500 miles. Less stops for gas saves a ton of time on road trips. Again, just my preference.

The one thing I can tell you about my G is that it has been problem-free so far. I've been lucky.

Good Luck!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

I've had mine for over a year as well and not one trip to the dealer for a complaint/problem. So far it has met all of my expectations and I'll keep it.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:37 AM
frcefed

THe snow is almost here in Canada so I'm starting to miss my STI lol.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 AM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Well, at least that comment could be comprehended!
huh, me speak no english, come again?

so, you live in NO? lets set up a meet around thanksgiving. there are like 5-6 of us in the lafa, br, and no area.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by frcefed
THe snow is almost here in Canada so I'm starting to miss my STI lol.
No need to miss it for winter driving the G is more then capable with a good set of winters on her. The rock picks well they just suck.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:38 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

The only remorse I have is wanting more performance and having less weight.. but that could be fixable... I thought there would be tons of mods out already that will give the G a lot of gains.. but there hasn't been much yet but overall the G is a sexy car and catches eyes everywhere. It can easily get more performance but you will need to invest in some mods as I am saving up until better stuff comes out. Hopefully I can see a twin turbo in my G in 2 years?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:08 PM
frcefed

Originally Posted by shumby
No need to miss it for winter driving the G is more then capable with a good set of winters on her. The rock picks well they just suck.

No doubt but it won't compare to the STi lol. I'm looking forward to trying out my Studded Hak 5's !!!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:16 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by Dr. Sumtin Wong
I have lurked and bit my tongue for a long time and can't stand it any longer.

You first need to comprehend the English language before any of us can understand ANYTHING you are attempting to say.

IF you desired a sports car, why didn't you purchase one in the first place?

Dr.
I concur!!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:22 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by SteveG37
I love my G37, however I do wish it was a bit quicker, that's my only remorse. But looking back I really wanted something that was a mix of luxury and power, something I could work with and add to over time without sacrificing luxury that is ultimately why I decided to go with the G.

I had a Scion tc and I put money into it, mod after mod, I continued with my original plan to build me a very fast car. But after doing this for 2 years I realized I wasn't even comfortable in the car, interior was cheap, it was very loud in the cabin on the highway, and it just wasn't something I could see driving for a few more years, so I decided to stop sinking money into it, and go with the G.

Now that I have my G, I have done a few mods, and have plans for many more. Eventually I know I'll end up going FI of some kind, probably a nice twin turbo setup. I know the G isn't the fastest car in it's price range out of the factory, but u know what, I still can argue with anyone that it's the best package of power/luxury out of the factory for the money. You can always make a car faster, but u can't always make it more luxurious so that is why ultimately I have no remorse buying my G.
excellent post! If I might add, anyone who purchases a G37 with the expectation of sports car performance, might come out disappointed. Personally can't wait till my car is out of warranty so I can jump back to the dark side!!

Quick Reply: Buyers Remorse anyone?