Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Buzzing/Rattle - anyone else have this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:02 AM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buzzing/Rattle - anyone else have this?

I have this rattle/buzzing sound coming from either the dash or right door. It does it over bumps, under hard acceeration, and at higher RPMS (constant RPM). I have searched the boards and do not see anything that sounds like this.

It is really starting to **** me off to the point where I want to drive it into a wall and leave it, or trade it in......

So, if anyone knows what this might be, please let me know so the dealer can address it.

FYI - This does NOT sound like the tapping nosie from the heater core.....
Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 AM
gurneyeagle

Fortunately, at 12k miles and 12 months, my G37S is still rattle-free.

gurney
Old 10-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
does it sound like speaker buzz?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
weave

^

It could be that type of sound. I need to get someone else to drive it so I can sit in the RF seat and try and find it
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Gonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weave
I have this rattle/buzzing sound coming from either the dash or right door. It does it over bumps, under hard acceeration, and at higher RPMS (constant RPM). I have searched the boards and do not see anything that sounds like this.

It is really starting to **** me off to the point where I want to drive it into a wall and leave it, or trade it in......

So, if anyone knows what this might be, please let me know so the dealer can address it.

FYI - This does NOT sound like the tapping nosie from the heater core.....
I would check the seat belt harness on pass side mine does that when it is in certain possition.Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
weave

So I just a buddy ride with me, we think it is the rearview mirror........
Old 10-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Sweeet P

I've got some as well. Not sure if anyone has notice these. You may have to REALLY REALLY listen CLOSELY. And these sounds with the exception of the last one...only happen sometimes. Actually wished it was constant so I can take it to the dealer. BTW, my car has 9400 miles and has a build date of Aug 07

1. Speaker Passenger Side - sounds like it's the speaker but can't confirm

2. Sunglasses Holder (no sunglasses in it) - rattles slightly on certain rough roads like a freeway interchange

3. Ashtray - noticed sound coming from ashtray...when I opened it, sure enough it was louder. Pushed the ashtray and made it stop...but then again...pushed on the washi paper trim around the ashtray and that made it stop too...not sure how to fix this one.

4. Rear passenger side - this one is weird. This one is sort of consistent in that you hear a slight crackle or pop regardless of the whether the road is smooth or rough. However, the time between the sounds is inconsistent. But usually anywhere from 5-15 seconds. They only way to describe it is like when your dashboard cracks or pops when its adjusting to the temperature like when you turn on your ac on a hot day. Definitely noticeable.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:03 PM
cullan

OK, I know this is a ridiculous answer...

I had a rattle/vibration coming from somewhere in the car. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Turns out it was a bottle of water in the cup holder in my driver's door. For some reason it souded like it was coming from the rear though. Very strange.

Anyway.... good luck
Old 10-09-2008, 06:43 AM
LightningG37

Yep, I got that, I don't like it but I'm learning to live with it. I think its inside too, but make sure you try everything people have said and turn off the radio, empty the glove boxes, sunglasses holder, ..EVERYTHING, drop the passenger seat belt etc to make sure. Once mine go worse and I thought it was coming from the passenger side and it turned out just to be sunglasses, very hard to track these noises.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a rattle too, sounds like its coming from the passenger side, when its cool outside its more apparent, and defintely when the engive rev's at a certain RPM is it more pronounced. I have a service appointment tomorrow, hopefully they can find it and fix it.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:13 PM
batmobile

Buzzing/Rattle

I just bought a 6mt and I have this weird buzzing noise from the front left side of the engine, everytime I push the clutch in the noise goes away. Any ideas on what that could be?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
ucla bruin

It's your clutch, the noise exists for almost all models. Unless the noise gets progressively worse, there's nothing to worry about. Dealerships will tell you it's just a characteristics of the G. Search for threads on this, PM me if you can't find any.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
chasemyaccord

The only buzz I've heard so far came from the side door cup holder when I left a bottle of Aquafina in there...couldn't figure out what the hell it was for a minute hahaha
Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM
PROFLYER

i had one that sounded like it was coming from the dash...it's the airbag. If I put my hand on the airbag/horn it stops...took me a month to figure it out and just haven't had time to get it into the dealer yet.