Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A/C Compressor Noise/Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 AM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yaoochi
Same problem here. It happened all the time when drove about 1hour. when I was going to dealer for 15000miles service yesterday. Set temp 60 with low fan, drove about 1 hour. but compressor did not make any noise at that time so they could't find this problem. It makes me crazy. I will go to dealer first and make an appointment when sound comes again. I think that's best way to explain this problem.
I am going to record the noise with my camera, put it on my iphone, and take it with me when I go to the dealer. When i arrive i will sit the service person down and let them see the video

On the video, i will have the noise. Then I am gonna turn off the car and turn it back on so they can see the difference.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe the only way to recreate the noise, is to let the car idle with the A/C on, driving at speed I don't notice it but when I idle and crawl along with traffic, its definitely noticeable.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Jimmy_D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Similar Noises 6MT

I'm experiencing similar noises... Sounds like I have a "supercharger" in there. I've begun analyzing the noises, and it is very apparent that at idle, it is very noticeable. However, when I press down the clutch, it goes away. Once I release the clutch the noise comes back.

Whenever I have the A/C on, it's even more noticeable, even effecting the driveability of the engine when releasing the clutch pedal.

If anyone finds out how to make this annoying sound go away, please let me know. Right now, my first thoughts are that it is "flywheel" related, or a "throw-out bearing"... Either way, it doesn't sound good.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Na, I don't think its related to the transmission, us 5AT guys get it too. It's something in the A/C system itself. Yesterday when I heard it I was intending to hit the radio off button but pushed someone, the climate control off. Noise went away instantly, I click the climate control back on, and the noise came back on just as quick.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Roseyhebert

I got it too. I just noticed it this morning when I cranked the car and the a/c was on. As soon as I turned it off it was quiet. I have to go in soon for the window seal repair, oil change and have them look at this noise. It's pretty loud and shakes a pretty good bit. Of course I am sure they won't find a THING wrong with it. *******s.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:45 AM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy_D
I'm experiencing similar noises... Sounds like I have a "supercharger" in there.

exactly similar noises , like "supercharger" as he said , i change the air compressor 2 times becouse of this noise but still not gone (i mean the noise), even with the new one, this weird noise only happend while accelerating and the a/c is on .

anyone find out the solution for this ?

sorry for bringing old thread
Old 05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 05-08-2010, 06:09 PM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
My A/C is always on 60, if you turn the A/C off the problem goes away so it has to be the compressor. Should be easy to duplicate sometimes it worse than others but its a persistent sound.
My God, my A/C would freeze me out of the car if I left it set to 60....
Old 04-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Sharkroy1

Just got my 37 a few days ago and noticed this exact a/c noise symptom described above. Was worried it could mean the A/C compressor has a bearing going bad (my car has a ton of miles on it) but it sounds like others have had this issue too with far less miles.

Does anyone have any new info to add to this? Does this noise seems to signal that the compressor is nearing failure, or is it a common quirk that has relatively no fix? Is it a sound I'm going to just have to live with? Thanx for any input on this.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 AM
BlueBert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone got a solution to this AC problem yet?
Old 12-01-2012, 01:47 AM
yaoochi

Originally Posted by BlueBert
Anyone got a solution to this AC problem yet?
Replace A/C compressor. It's best way to fix problems. Dealer did it for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:08 AM
BlueBert

do you think it would be covered if my warranty is over but im under CPO warranty still?

Originally Posted by yaoochi
Replace A/C compressor. It's best way to fix problems. Dealer did it for me.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:34 AM
dessidee90

Anyone knows if this sign is a definite sign of a compressor change? I've notice a slight noise as well with my car when the fan is on low, and while accelerating.. not affecting my idle or the coolness of air tho.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:08 PM
RichP74

I just picked up a 2013 G37x with 10k miles, and this is driving me insane. It is the worst when the fan is at exactly the third fan speed. It is much better at either the first speed, or speeds faster than 4. But of course, the third speed is where it spends the most time. The dealer said they couldn't replicate, but I'm going to keep hammering away.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:19 AM
chinabean
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Having this issue right now, when I turn the AC on the vibration/rattle makes my car sounds like truck at idle, still noticeable & louder driving on the highway as well

OP you ever find a solution to this?

Quick Reply: A/C Compressor Noise/Vibrations