G37 Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:15 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by greek211
never buy first year car, my experience
Originally Posted by Kidcane
^^Did you register on this site just to say that?
LOL I was thinkin the same thing!

Oh and by the way Greek - The 2008 G37 interior was already debuted in the 2007 G35 Sedan, the majority of the vehicle's engineering was actually already put together in 07's sedan - the single newest 1st year and crucial component the 08 G37 does bring is the 3.7L VVEL VQHR37 Motor which from an engine standpoint has been performing just fine so far.

Last edited by DetroitG37Joe; 10-03-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:24 AM
iceaffect1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no i been a member since 2006 i just troll the site. i always wanted a g35 i was about to buy one (g35) but the 37 came out and i got that

anyway an update to my story. they basically told me to kick rocks about my tire wear because i had a nail in the tire that i knew about. something about me throwing off the alignment.... whateva....my exhaust was fixed. MY AUDIO IS OUT TO THIS DAY!!!!!!! i was told there gonna need to replace the entire unit! and its on back order. ive been in contact with infiniti consumer affairs. they call me every week just to stay its not in YET! right now im going crazy its been almost a month with no AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i drive with my damn ipod in my ear!!!!

P.S.--I was told by the dealer that 6 other G's have this problem right now and are waiting along with me until they receive the part. unsure if there all coupes.

Last edited by iceaffect1; 10-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:12 PM
iceaffect1

i got a call from infiniti consumer affairs again today and was told its still on back order and there unsure when its coming in. i'm starting to get depressed at this point. im about to start hating INFINITI pretty soon.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where are you located? I know gamedog had his unit replaced, I don't think he waited THAT long...
Old 10-31-2008, 09:33 PM
iceaffect1

Valley Stream Long Island
Old 11-01-2008, 07:12 PM
motocopter

Our last three cars have been first year models. No biggie...
Old 11-01-2008, 09:43 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by iceaffect1
no i been a member since 2006 i just troll the site. i always wanted a g35 i was about to buy one (g35) but the 37 came out and i got that

anyway an update to my story. they basically told me to kick rocks about my tire wear because i had a nail in the tire that i knew about. something about me throwing off the alignment.... whateva....my exhaust was fixed. MY AUDIO IS OUT TO THIS DAY!!!!!!! i was told there gonna need to replace the entire unit! and its on back order. ive been in contact with infiniti consumer affairs. they call me every week just to stay its not in YET! right now im going crazy its been almost a month with no AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i drive with my damn ipod in my ear!!!!

P.S.--I was told by the dealer that 6 other G's have this problem right now and are waiting along with me until they receive the part. unsure if there all coupes.

Good luck waiting for the A/V unit. My car has been at Infiniti for a month and a half and still no A/V unit. I talked to them on Friday and they told me it could be quite a while longer. I'm giving them until the end of November before I start asking for a new car. They kept my car because the A/V unit not only died completely, but it messed up something with the interlock system which is part of the starting system for the car, so at this point, the car will not start until it gets a new A/V unit, which will then allow them to figure out what got messed up with the interlock system.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:48 PM
soldier9599
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kidcane
^^Did you register on this site just to say that?
lol, apparently
Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
iceaffect1

noturg did u atleast get a loaner car?

can someone explain the lemon law to me please. i already had the exhaust replaced and i'm still waiting for my damn nav unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by iceaffect1; 11-03-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i dont think tire rotation has to do much with ur aligment.. dealer is just going to tell you to get them rotated. Im at 8-9k, and i need to do a tire rotation as well, no bigggi imo.

And they fix the exhaust rattle 1-2-3, takes about 2 hours or so. Not sure about audio.

I see your from NY, register on g35nyc.com

Bro thats no lemon^, just bc audio doesnt work i dont think there is a shot in hell that its going to be considered a lemon
Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 AM
iceaffect1

I'm already a member at g35nyc(IceIzFb). As far as the lemon law i'm just worrying of any future problems. I don't wanna jinx it but i can see more problems happening with my car. At this point i'm not very confident.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by iceaffect1
I'm already a member at g35nyc(IceIzFb). As far as the lemon law i'm just worrying of any future problems. I don't wanna jinx it but i can see more problems happening with my car. At this point i'm not very confident.
Lemon laws vary from state-to-state. It's sort of a three strikes thing. It has to be the same failure, usually engine based, 3 times within a given time period. It's a very difficult thing to claim and usually takes the hiring of a lawyer.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

I think in Wisconsin that if you are without your car for over 30 days, you can file for it. I may pursue it if they don't have parts for mine by the end of November, which would mean that they have had the car for 2 1/2 months. Yes, I have a loaner, but its not a coupe, and its not the car that I am paying for each month.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:06 PM
iceaffect1

IF i had the choice to get another car again within my 40k budget line i think i would get a................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................... G37 Sport with prem and Nav

That being said Infiniti hurry up and fix my Nav Unit!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama 08'
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 PM
iceaffect1

IF ANY1 CARES I STILL DONT HAVE AUDIO!!!!

Quick Reply: G37 Problems!!!