Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Warranty issues on Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
bunluvsvw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty issues on Mods?

Hey Guys I picked up my G last month and got a few items on it already like Fujita Intake, Greddy Exhaust, Eibachs, 6k Hid, led bulb conversion basically on every bulb. I also have a Y pipe coming from exhaust depot. I was wondering, would I have any warranty issues if I brought the car back to the dealer. I plan on putting on the Stillen Crank Pulley on it too and I dont want them to void my warranty on my engine cause I got the intake, exhaust, and crank pulley on the car. It looks really bad when the cars only a month old and got so much mod on it. Im from Philly, does anyone have prior experiences with the dealers around the Philly area? Anyone get hassled about aftermarket items on their car?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:37 PM
The1andOnly

When you take it in for serviceng, the might take down what mods you have, but they can only void the warranty if the mod is the direct cause of the problem.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:12 PM
bunluvsvw

obviously, im not gonna go to the dealer and complain about a blown strut when its sitting on eibachs. Lets just say, the piston rings give at about 20,000miles..... I dont want them to tell me that cause I got an intake, Ypipe, exhaust, and lightened pulley on the car its not covered. We all know that an intake improves air flow inwards and the ehaust improves flow outward, technically have nothing to do with the piston rings. You know what i mean? Im a mechanic myself and the closest bs excuse that I can think of if god forbids my mass air flow sensor goes, is my intakes to blame, even with the intakes, I dont see how it will trigger to make the maf sensors go bad..... But the dealers can make any bs up to avoid fixing your car under warranty. I had a buddy once with a wrx and it had ground wires on it, and they gave him a hard time about it, he actually had to call corporate on them. Go figure, they advertise the wrx as a "race rally car" but I heard of alot of horror stories on ppl not getting parts warrantied cause of abuse... So the sporty image of the cars there from the Manufacture, but they expect you to not beat on their cars and just go to the supermarket to get eggs? Yeah, sure, I spent $33k on my wrx sti to go buy panti liners for my girl. uh huh...
Old 09-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
... So the sporty image of the cars there from the Manufacture, but they expect you to not beat on their cars and just go to the supermarket to get eggs? Yeah, sure, I spent $33k on my wrx sti to go buy panti liners for my girl. uh huh...
Straight to the best quotes thread!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
bunluvsvw

Oh another one too, My cuz had a mercedes c230 kompressor, he put a roof spoiler made out of abs plastic on his car. A few months later, his factory remote fails on him and his doors wont unlock from a 10-15ft distance. Dealer told him it was his spoiler, it was interfering with the remote, blocking the signal. What kind of bs is that? So I told them, " I guess if i stand between the remote and the car then it wont be unable to lock or unlock the car?" Then how would the panic button work at a mall? so many cars in the way. since my little spoiler is already bad enough to block the signal..... I was sooo pissed off at the retards. Makes me mad how an idiot like them can get a job at Mercedes as a service writer..
Old 09-26-2008, 06:06 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

^^ thats a crazy story. I would have been super pissed...You should have told them to say it while you record and put it on the internet, so others can know about this.. see what they say then.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
^^ thats a crazy story. I would have been super pissed...You should have told them to say it while you record and put it on the internet, so others can know about this.. see what they say then.
x2 on that story..thts bs
Old 09-26-2008, 07:19 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

that is the biggest BS ever... "I'm sorry the reason why your doors can't unlock is because your spoiler makes your car look too nice"
Old 09-27-2008, 12:29 AM
OMG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
obviously, im not gonna go to the dealer and complain about a blown strut when its sitting on eibachs. Lets just say, the piston rings give at about 20,000miles..... I dont want them to tell me that cause I got an intake, Ypipe, exhaust, and lightened pulley on the car its not covered. We all know that an intake improves air flow inwards and the ehaust improves flow outward, technically have nothing to do with the piston rings. You know what i mean? Im a mechanic myself and the closest bs excuse that I can think of if god forbids my mass air flow sensor goes, is my intakes to blame, even with the intakes, I dont see how it will trigger to make the maf sensors go bad..... But the dealers can make any bs up to avoid fixing your car under warranty. I had a buddy once with a wrx and it had ground wires on it, and they gave him a hard time about it, he actually had to call corporate on them. Go figure, they advertise the wrx as a "race rally car" but I heard of alot of horror stories on ppl not getting parts warrantied cause of abuse... So the sporty image of the cars there from the Manufacture, but they expect you to not beat on their cars and just go to the supermarket to get eggs? Yeah, sure, I spent $33k on my wrx sti to go buy panti liners for my girl. uh huh...
It's possible that they will screw around with you...just read my story...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/south/185500-got-the-ol-ces-light-yay.html
Old 09-27-2008, 04:40 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
don't judge every dealership the same. It looks like a personalized car show here sometimes.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:18 AM
bufflex

I dunno about you guys but the dealership that we got here will void the warranty for any little mod (Air Filter) for an example. They will come up with the most BS excuse just not to fix the car under warranty! I guess they are all the same when it comes to BS :P
Old 07-07-2009, 10:06 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^^ that's when you tell them you're calling Infiniti Corporate and getting a judgment from their service writers. Mention the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act and that Infiniti has to prove that your aftermarket mod has caused some sort of failure, otherwise they have to honor the warranty.