Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Grrr...Rear-Ended...(so ironic)...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:04 PM
MichiganFan08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Grrr...Rear-Ended...(so ironic)...*update*

Just happened last night, as I left work for the day. Pulled out of the office parking lot (it had just rained, so wet roads) & drove up to the stoplight on my way to meet my wife 10mins away. I was stopped 4 cars back, waiting for the light to change...when I looked in my rear-view mirror & saw this old Ford F-Series pickup coming up on me (he must not have been paying attention, cuz he didn't skid any)...I quickly realized he wasn't slowing down to stop (at this point, in my mind...I was like "CRAP!!!...this going to hurt!")...as soon as that 'thought' was over, BAMMM!!! ...yeh, it hurt.

He demolished about 75% of the rear of the car (trunk lid & spoiler, bumper cover & infrastructure under it, both taillights & area behind them, and totally crushed the cargo area up to the "space-saver" spare, including interior trunk panels)...not to mention "flat-spotting" all 4 tires...with minor damage to each rear 1/4 panel where they meet the trunklid at the bottom corners of the rear windshield. I don't if there's any frame/suspension damage or not, yet...will find that out over the next 2 days.

Will take pics tonight & post them up...so stay tuned for updates.

I'm being told it's fixable...taking it to a body shop that repairs 350Z's & Vettes...they just fixed a Z that was Ivory Pearl & said the paint shouldn't be a problem. So I'll be without my car for 3weeks to a month (depends on how long it takes to get new parts from Infiniti).

Also...as for the tires...they said they'll give a tire allowance based on the cost of the factory tires, but I can use it to buy whatever tires I want (regardless of brand, model, or size)...so that means I can upgrade to some better & wider rubber...maybe 245/40/19's F & 275/35/19's R??...(it's a G37S 6MT)...unless I can do 255's F & 285's R on the factory rims...what do ya'll think??...I won't be dropping the car any, keeping factory suspension setup. New wider tires, might be the only "Plus" from this whole tragedy.

Anyways...I said ironic, cuz I just did inquire about Touch-Up paint for the front end, so I could put a Clear-Bra on it...LOL...here I am worried about the front-end & now I've got totally bigger issues with my rear-end...eh, Go Figure!!

To beat all...I've only had the car a month & a half on a new 2008 lease...unbelieveable!!

Hopefully the car comes out of this mess ok...Wish me luck!!!

I'll keep ya'll updated. L8R!!

Here's the link for the pics I uploaded...
http://picasaweb.google.com/Michigan...tiG37CarCrash#

...check 'em out...it's not pretty (actually kinda sickening :/ ) !!!

*Update*...ok, so far they're saying it's fixable ($8500 damage, give or take) & it didn't touch the frame (just the frame extensions {crush zones}, that are designed to be replaceable)...but needs some 1/4 panel work, a new decklid/spoiler, a new bumper/bumper kit, and rear body tray (cargo area/taillight support panel), plus lights & tires {told 'em to use Yoko S-Drives 245/40's & 275/35's, better than RE050's...to save $200 & cuz anything better cost more & it has to be equal to or less than OEM $$}...that's it for now!

L8R!

Last edited by MichiganFan08; 09-18-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sucks... Might as well have'em touch up the front while its getting repaired...
Old 09-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear man... Any pics of the damage?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:31 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ouch. sounds a good bit worse than my recent rear-ending...
Old 09-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ouch, at least you are ok. Pray that its totalled...
Old 09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

yikes! that sucks man... my heart goes out to your car. I think the guy driving the truck wanted to play bumper cars.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear this man.. glad you are okay.. post some pictures when you get a chance
Old 09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
UpRev

If it's a lease make sure they compensate you for what the lease company is going to hit you for when you turn the car in. Thats never a fun surprise.

Atleast you're ok!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Gday
Banned

This sucks. I think G's are prone to getting clipped and rear ended. 1 month after owning my car, I was parked at a 711 and as I left the store, I saw a huge azz red truck reversed out of the lot and clipped my rear bumper. I knew he was going to clip it because that truck was long azz hell.

I didn't want to believe it, but as I got closer, yep, I saw a huge and long azz scratch on my left side of the bumper. B4 I could do anything, the sucker took off. All I got was 4 of the 7 plate number and the cops said, "nothing we can do".
Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Roseyhebert

That sucks so bad!! I almost got rear ended today at lunch because some beyotch in a mini cooper wasn't paying attention. She swerved into the next lane and missed me. I would have beat her down because after hitting a deer mid August, I just got my car back this past Friday from the body shop.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try to get them to total it if it has frame damage
Old 09-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea dude, see if they will total it. that thing will never be the same.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:00 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
sorry to hear, post of pics if you can... good thing is you're okay
Old 09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I like how you're looking at the bright side of getting wider tires out of it. I'd be so pissed because I know the car will never be the same.
See if they can total it. Then get another one.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:54 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

+1. Try your best to get them to total it if it has significant damages, including the frame. The car will never ever be the same. Your ride will have more problems in the long run than any of our rides would have.

Quick Reply: Grrr...Rear-Ended...(so ironic)...