Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Official best compliments received thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Every time some young person asks me about the car, they ALWAYS ask how much?? I think that's a little personal, so when i say $80K, i feel justified by their expression
Old 09-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Tainui

"HOLY CRAP, You built a turbo Porsche but at half the price!.....Can I borrow it?"
Old 09-27-2009, 12:40 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got pulled over for not wearing my seatbelt and the cop comes back with a seatbelt ticket and states:

Me: Officer, sorry about that
Officer: Dude, you sure you wanna die in this? I mean but what a way to go.

Thought that was a sick comment...
Old 09-27-2009, 12:49 PM
js3350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gthal
A homeless guy panhandling at an intersection on my way to work last week came up to the window and said... "awesome G37, you must love it." My first thought is how does a homeless guy recognize a G37 from the front!! Didn't think many homeless guys were that up to date on cars. My second thought was I gotta give this guy a couple of bucks (which I normally wouldn't do in that situation)
Near where I work I have seen a couple people that have gotten out of cars, walked around the block, started begging for money, yet everyday they ended up back in the same car (decent priced cars) driving away.... go figure
Old 09-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Jakex1

Originally Posted by js3350z
Near where I work I have seen a couple people that have gotten out of cars, walked around the block, started begging for money, yet everyday they ended up back in the same car (decent priced cars) driving away.... go figure
u can make upwards of 15-20 a hour panhandling.....
Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 AM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought one of the first G37s in South Florida. The week after I got the car I had to go to a conference in South Beach. Since I live in Boca Raton, my company paid for the hotel so I wouldn't have to drive back home too late. When I got to the hotel to check in I gave the car to the valet and did not think too much about it (my old car was a G35 the week before, so no big deal). I am not done getting to the counter and my car is already surrounded by people just trying to get a closer look. My guess is that most of these people were tourists, but still, I felt like a was driving a super exotic.

When I left the next morning my car was still parked in the front of the hotel's entrance.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Cruising south beach and a yellow f430 follows ne and pull. Up next to me and said you did a great job with that car that exhaust sounds and looks very good great job , then he said I've seen a lot of Infiniti car. But yours kills them
Old 10-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I just got my exhaust installed this weekend and while we were in a restaurant eating (sitting right in front of where my car was parked), the guy in the booth next to us starts snapping pics with his camera phone. nice.....
Old 10-05-2009, 07:40 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
So I just got my exhaust installed this weekend and while we were in a restaurant eating (sitting right in front of where my car was parked), the guy in the booth next to us starts snapping pics with his camera phone. nice.....
So I'm guessing your car was revving on it's own while parked and they were recording sound clips?

haha just pulling your leg, I know you're over excited with the exhaust install
Old 11-01-2009, 06:04 AM
HP_John

Today, while parked in the clubbing district of my city (Toronto), 4 girls were complimenting my G37. Of course, I just sat there & grinned, with not much to say, lol.

When I had a 3-Series & IS300, I never got hardly anywhere near as many compliments. I've got so many compliments from strangers on my G37 that I've lost count. Note that I do see G37s everyday in my city (Toronto is the 3rd largest city in N. America, only NY & LA have larger populations in N. America), it's not like I live in some small town.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Coupe Daddy

...leaving the neighborhood and a few kids were playing with a ball in the street. As I safely make my way pass them one of them screams..."nice car Mr..!"

I remember when I was that young and did the same thing. That's a awesome compliment when you can inspire a kid. That boy is going to be a car guy...
Old 11-01-2009, 11:11 AM
pfizzle

I get compliments all the time. I get this often " is there air in those tires or are the pure rubber" I chuckle.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best comment Ever!!!! "Wow, it still smells like a new car in here." This after just hitting the 2 yr mark w/ 30k miles.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 AM
socal14686

today at the brea mall in cali, i was walking out to my car with my coworker after lunch, (i parked in the boonies, too scared of dings), we see an older guy standing next to it checkin it out, he had his hands on his hips and he is checking it out from all angles, i finally walk up to it, he says, "beautiful car" i told him i liked it, then he asked if it was "50", i said "45" didnt want to lowball it, then he said it was a nice ride, i thanked him, i have had this car for a year and a half and that was a first, btw, i have a 2008 black sport coupe, it made my day
Old 11-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Triple_X

Originally Posted by socal14686
today at the brea mall in cali, i was walking out to my car with my coworker after lunch, (i parked in the boonies, too scared of dings), we see an older guy standing next to it checkin it out, he had his hands on his hips and he is checking it out from all angles, i finally walk up to it, he says, "beautiful car" i told him i liked it, then he asked if it was "50", i said "45" didnt want to lowball it, then he said it was a nice ride, i thanked him, i have had this car for a year and a half and that was a first, btw, i have a 2008 black sport coupe, it made my day
you should have said. "doooon't touch it. Don't even look at it"

Quick Reply: Official best compliments received thread