Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Feeling less and less unique....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
glad this area does not have that many 37's. whew. like 5-10 i have seen over the past year.
WHAT THE HELL GIGGA? you like see all these made up g37 LOL im jk. i have yet to see any sport g37 or g37 at all except for yesturday. Gigga on siegan yesturday i pull up during siegan lane 3 lane roads and i was next to a OB and a white one identical except for mine and he rev to try show off and i show off my FI to him haha he ask me and i told him what it was so we might be having more modded g37 hin baton rouge lol.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:21 PM
mal_TX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EHUnlucky7x9
I was the only one in town with this car....let alone the purplish hue of silver color... now I'm not the only one...I don't want friends and family to think I'm at places I'm not.
That's one of the funniest things I've read on this forum since KrazyJ.

I have the G37S badge removed on my car and here in Austin I see 5-7 G37s a week. Most people in my town will assume it is my car if it looks like mine and has the same debadge.

But yeah... "I'm not the only G37, now people think I am places I am not!" you'd think you were talking about a Veyron or something :P
Old 09-13-2008, 06:47 PM
veejayy2

So I got my car back in July after insurance claims from a person who rear ended my Lancer came to a close...and I've been enjoying my G37! I try to find reasons to go out in the evenings just to drive the car! Until recently....

I live in the Woodbridge area of NJ and yesterday I drove into Shoprite and right there was a liquid platinum G37. After leaving shoprite and getting onto Rt 1&9 north, I get 2 lights away from Shoprite and a white G37 comes flying by me. Then today, in my small town, a 17 yr girl was driving a G37S in the same color AG car as me w/o tints though. Man! I feel less and less special now with this car since I didn't see much of it around the Port Reading area! What can I do to make the car appear to be unique again? Cuz gosh darnit... I keep looking at the GTR n keep wondering if I could have managed to get one n be the only one around for a while with it!
Had a 97Supra TT and never saw another one on the road for 70K miles that I put on it. Not a one. Wow was that cool.

Test drove the 37 today and decided I don't care if these become as common as BMW, life is to short not to experience the ride.

Maybe its become I am old, but I don't care anymore but I get your point.
Here is the interesting thing- whats precious is valued more. Diamonds are not needed for living but we will pay much more for them than water. If you saw a Ferrari everyday like you see BMW and Honda they would not start to look ugly but you certainly would not look twice.

If it really begins to bother you it will make the experience suck for you. So either dump and buy a rarer car (6M Bimmer, IS-F or something like that) or move to Gary, Indiana where it will stand out!

Good luck- felt like that once too!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:24 AM
EHUnlucky7x9

Originally Posted by Gday
You want to be "unique", do what half of the people here do. SKYLINE BADGE YO!. It makes your car "UNIQUE' and it sounds much better than G37..

Also, it increases you chance of getting laid by like 50%. Mostly from dudes though. Who ask, "oh snap, is that a skyline from japan?". haha
That's funny...I was actually considering this. I saw a picture of Hawaiian72099 and I think I might go his/her route. But then I question myself...the other car might do the same thing lol. I'm torn with this for one reason:

I use to own a white Lancer. After a while, I ended up changing things on it. I had tinted it and bought rims. I was at a local Dunkin' Donuts and a female came up to me and asked if it was mine. I said yeah and she said its nice and she likes the car. And I said thanks n she left and I saw she got into a white Lancer as well. Weeks down the road, I drive around town and I see another white Lancer with tints and the SAME rims. I was on my way home and it was in front of me. The car slowed down to pull into a driveway so I pulled over to the side so I can say hello. It was the same girl from Dunkin' n she came over to say "what do you think?" My mind was saying OMFG! Not because of her long spanish legs in short shorts, but the fact that its IDENTICAL! So, at the time, I wanted to be able to distinguish my car, I don't want people thinking I bring my car over this house in town to have a girl washing it on a hot summer day. (Why? in a relationship and females talk) Anyways... In short, I had bought a full Evo 7 techsport kit, I & E, and added boost. Months down the road, when I pass that house on my way to the main road in town, I saw the car have the SAME EXACT THINGS and I found out it only different because it didn't have an intercooler in the front. SoOooo... maybe I will get rid of this G for the GxS and debadge it and swap it with GT-R emblems? Man...being unique is difficult...I haven't seen any two-toned G's in the NE Coast yet though! Maybe that would be the way to go lol
Old 09-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Gday
Banned

That's funny...I was actually considering this. I saw a picture of Hawaiian72099 and I think I might go his/her route. But then I question myself...the other car might do the same thing lol. I'm torn with this for one reason:

I use to own a white Lancer. After a while, I ended up changing things on it. I had tinted it and bought rims. I was at a local Dunkin' Donuts and a female came up to me and asked if it was mine. I said yeah and she said its nice and she likes the car. And I said thanks n she left and I saw she got into a white Lancer as well. Weeks down the road, I drive around town and I see another white Lancer with tints and the SAME rims. I was on my way home and it was in front of me. The car slowed down to pull into a driveway so I pulled over to the side so I can say hello. It was the same girl from Dunkin' n she came over to say "what do you think?" My mind was saying OMFG! Not because of her long spanish legs in short shorts, but the fact that its IDENTICAL! So, at the time, I wanted to be able to distinguish my car, I don't want people thinking I bring my car over this house in town to have a girl washing it on a hot summer day. (Why? in a relationship and females talk) Anyways... In short, I had bought a full Evo 7 techsport kit, I & E, and added boost. Months down the road, when I pass that house on my way to the main road in town, I saw the car have the SAME EXACT THINGS and I found out it only different because it didn't have an intercooler in the front. SoOooo... maybe I will get rid of this G for the GxS and debadge it and swap it with GT-R emblems? Man...being unique is difficult...I haven't seen any two-toned G's in the NE Coast yet though! Maybe that would be the way to go lol
you can always go the hello kitty route, paint your car hot pink. not only will it be unique, you will also get a lot of head turns.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:18 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by Gday
you can always go the hello kitty route, paint your car hot pink. not only will it be unique, you will also get a lot of head turns.
haha lol nah paint it white, stripe up your taillight so its red and white, debadge it and throw a hello kitty magnetic debadge in place of g37s then put some white rims with red pinstripe lip on your car
Old 09-14-2008, 01:22 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seriously dude, stop seeing this as a negative. What is that saying "imitation is the greatest form of a compliment" or something like that? All of you need to stop b!tchen when someone copies something you did. Take it as a compliment. I set myself apart from other people and not my car. If anybody here wants to copy me then go ahead, I am cool with it. I also have all the parts I have on my car in my sig to help you out. I don't need a car to distinguish me from others. If someone out there wants the same setup I have then I am going to take it as a compliment.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:24 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Seriously dude, stop seeing this as a negative. What is that saying "imitation is the greatest form of a compliment" or something like that? All of you need to stop b!tchen when someone copies something you did. Take it as a compliment. I set myself apart from other people and not my car. If anybody here wants to copy me then go ahead, I am cool with it. I also have all the parts I have on my car in my sig to help you out. I don't need a car to distinguish me from others. If someone out there wants the same setup I have then I am going to take it as a compliment.
+1 haha and plus if you stand out too much you get jacked!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 PM
SFG37S

Hey, We all have to take the blame on this one! To many lurkers coming on here and reading how we all love our cars! Telling people who ask, How we enjoy the ride! I think we should all go directly to the mirror, Take a look, and then slap ourselves! That will teach us to keep our pie holes shut!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
mpbruin108

Originally Posted by SFG37S
Hey, We all have to take the blame on this one! To many lurkers coming on here and reading how we all love our cars! Telling people who ask, How we enjoy the ride! I think we should all go directly to the mirror, Take a look, and then slap ourselves! That will teach us to keep our pie holes shut!
You can slap yourself...I'll just pat myself on the back
Old 09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
sahiwal007

modd it to be different, if its modded well people wont even know its a 37
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
WHAT THE HELL GIGGA? you like see all these made up g37 LOL im jk. i have yet to see any sport g37 or g37 at all except for yesturday. Gigga on siegan yesturday i pull up during siegan lane 3 lane roads and i was next to a OB and a white one identical except for mine and he rev to try show off and i show off my FI to him haha he ask me and i told him what it was so we might be having more modded g37 hin baton rouge lol.
you should have told him to get on here or set up a meet.

Originally Posted by bboysteele
agree, i would be happy if someone took after my taste. you sound like that dude on driver that complains like a baby about his "unique" sn.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:01 PM
SFG37S

Originally Posted by mpbruin108
You can slap yourself...I'll just pat myself on the back
What! Can't take the pain?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
you should have told him to get on here or set up a meet.

agree, i would be happy if someone took after my taste. you sound like that dude on driver that complains like a baby about his "unique" sn.
LMAO @ Gigga. Hey EHUnlucky7x9, I would just take any copying of what you do as a compliment for real. That means that you did something that other people like. You could paint your G a sparkley Green like that guy in the video that is posted somewhere on here. That is a unique G!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Gday
Banned

Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
haha lol nah paint it white, stripe up your taillight so its red and white, debadge it and throw a hello kitty magnetic debadge in place of g37s then put some white rims with red pinstripe lip on your car
Wow. Are you sure ur not the owner of this car?

Quick Reply: Feeling less and less unique....