G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Conversation with a stranger at a stop light . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Da Hashi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's always gonna repeat every couple months LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 12:42 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im a fan of the skyline badging on the g35 but not much on the g37 since its more of a luxury car and infiniti just some reason sounds more classy. I was gonna debadge and rebadge myself but then i change my mind and saved me money
Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
DFA...... bigtime.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:05 AM
SFG37S

Lightbulb

WOW,THANKS GUYS! You just gave me a great idea! I'm gonn'a rebadge the wifes E-350 with Maybach emblems. Hell, It should only cost me a couple of grand!

Last edited by SFG37S; 09-05-2008 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Le'Fat finger!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:23 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Alright dudes. This is so .

I didn't start this thread to spark up the neverending debate between 2 obviously objective opinions.

I simply just wanted to share an experience.

Some people like the SKYLINE, some people dont.
In the end, it's STILL the same car.

Last edited by myk1013; 09-05-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:08 PM
g37at44

Ridiculous what vanity makes people do. That's more vain then having a loud stereo with the windows down. The car speaks for itself. It's a beautiful car that gets enough attention without having to rebadge. It could say "piece of ****" on the back and it still would get it's fair share of looks.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:44 AM
poggagga

Originally Posted by DdotRoq
LMAO! You my friend, are an:

(Will wait for you guys to catch that one^)
Ah, what a nice as*s ... at least friendly-looking.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:03 AM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by g37at44
Ridiculous what vanity makes people do. That's more vain then having a loud stereo with the windows down. The car speaks for itself. It's a beautiful car that gets enough attention without having to rebadge. It could say "piece of ****" on the back and it still would get it's fair share of looks.
I don't think it's vanity at all. Now if you're replacing the emblems with ones that have diamonds in it, now that's vain. The whole JDM rebadging is just part of the scene. Most people that rebadge is just because they like the look for themselves. I fully rebadged my G35, except for the steering wheel cover, which I almost did, I did just cause I liked the way it looked. I cared less of what other people thought. A lot of people don't get the JDM styling here, they do the same exact thing in Japan in which they convert to USDM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by The1andOnly
I don't think it's vanity at all. Now if you're replacing the emblems with ones that have diamonds in it, now that's vain. The whole JDM rebadging is just part of the scene. Most people that rebadge is just because they like the look for themselves. I fully rebadged my G35, except for the steering wheel cover, which I almost did, I did just cause I liked the way it looked. I cared less of what other people thought. A lot of people don't get the JDM styling here, they do the same exact thing in Japan in which they convert to USDM.
+1 not vain at all...
Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 PM
g37at44

That's fine if you do it because you like it. To each his own. But one thing I must correct... vanilty has nothing to do with diamonds. Diamonds would be bling!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
DIGITALG37

To Rebadge your car is just as bad as a TYPE R sticker on a honda. Either take the badges off or leave them on. Id feel like a tool bag if I had Skyline badging and pulle dup to a light next to a Nissan GTR. There is one here in Milford at the Nissan Dealer and knowing that I would imagine more to come and it would only be a matter of time till i see one on the road. In my eyes thats a SKYLINE. Not our coupes.
It's like buying a 325I and Rebadging to a M3... or you know what I mean. Just stay true and do modest mods! Where i drive around in Fairfield County CT- i see Porsche's, Ferrari's, Aston Martins, and Range Rovers... I always think about how my car looks tasteful and is just as unique and sexy looking as any of those cars and if rebadged and put on fat can exhaust and gangsta rims and some crazy body kit- it looks childish. - My opinion. FO our cars it has been proven that only minimal HP gains are shows with bolt on exhaust and intake. Just not worth it to take a $45K car and make it look like a Civic Type R! M Series AMG SKYLINE
Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by DIGITALG37
To Rebadge your car is just as bad as a TYPE R sticker on a honda. Either take the badges off or leave them on. Id feel like a tool bag if I had Skyline badging and pulle dup to a light next to a Nissan GTR. There is one here in Milford at the Nissan Dealer and knowing that I would imagine more to come and it would only be a matter of time till i see one on the road. In my eyes thats a SKYLINE. Not our coupes.
It's like buying a 325I and Rebadging to a M3... or you know what I mean. Just stay true and do modest mods! Where i drive around in Fairfield County CT- i see Porsche's, Ferrari's, Aston Martins, and Range Rovers... I always think about how my car looks tasteful and is just as unique and sexy looking as any of those cars and if rebadged and put on fat can exhaust and gangsta rims and some crazy body kit- it looks childish. - My opinion. FO our cars it has been proven that only minimal HP gains are shows with bolt on exhaust and intake. Just not worth it to take a $45K car and make it look like a Civic Type R! M Series AMG SKYLINE

Your example is Horrible... a 325i is not an M3 period. You have to be crazy to think a G37 is ANYTHING like a Porsche, Ferrari, or AM... absolutly crazy....

Hey can we beathorsebeathorse some more... please please... do it , do it... Beat this horse to DEATH...
Old 09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
DIGITALG37

My car parked next to any of the Above looks pretty darn nice. It really does. Just looks alone. Dont you love your car? If you hate it so much then get the hell off this forum and buy a Porsche.

45K Car with close to 350HP and most options only high end luxury cars have. Im happy to own a G37 and proud of it. Nicest car out of my friends and my circle, gets me some additional atention with females. Im 25. Pretty nice car for my age i think. I will get a Porsche or have a kid when im 30. And put GT3RS Stickers on a regular Carerra...Because that would be cool. As almost as cool as a Skyline badge on a G37.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:47 PM
DIGITALG37

and your blue G37 is one of the nicest G's ive ever seen/ love your car more. She loves you////
Old 09-09-2008, 12:51 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Where the F did I say I didnt love my car... DUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I feel the need to a lil Blackjack Fail Music....

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 09-09-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Conversation with a stranger at a stop light . . . . .