G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TOP G37 Negatives

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Keng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think negative should even include the mileage, you know that as fact before you buy this car. Negative should be something that was not expected.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:12 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Keng
I don't think negative should even include the mileage, you know that as fact before you buy this car. Negative should be something that was not expected.
That's a fair statement, I was thinking in terms of 28mpg being a decent gas mileage in 2008 but we should consider the class this car is in and it's actually rather good in that case... removing.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:55 AM
ifinity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
More Wanking than a Wankel...

Good thread to help improve Infiniti (thanks Chekov, I needed that):
-missing voice commands for tuning the radio and controlling the temperature (Chekov: for those of us with the "upgraded" software) is getting me down. Can that be restored? How to upload the previous program? not safe to reach over to tune radio, adjust temp...will need to sue Nissan when i get into accident tuning in XM comedy channel.
-would be neat to have more options...voice recognition to take notes, save to flash or ipod?
-Wish display would show jpegs from compact flash, plus allow for video/jpeg while moving...could show instructions on how to drive while driving?
-need laptop support for passenger side (ideas of others for embedded internet, computer, alternate for Nav are right on for these days of wireless computing...why not have more info available via search on the locations shown on the Nav screen?)
-back cup holder is very limited, but dangerous to have food/drink in fancy car.
-Seems there could be more space available down center of interior for hiding stuff.
-Reducing vehicle weight would be great for quicker 0-60...can't believe it weighs more than my previous ford turtle. But this is a very fast "tank". Is weight critical for stability? Where could weight be minimized?
-Allow for more customization, by making changes easy...say ability to completely remove and reinstall rear seats as needed.
-suspension (shocks?) should be adjustable for sport vs. travel.
-wish for digital display of volts (have run the battery down twice now playing around with settings)
-replace infiniti "watch" with sharp color digital display of any watch you want...or more car parameters? (oil temp, psi, exhaust temp, hp calc, etc.)
But what a great car...bought recently for $36200 plus tax, $20k down, and financed at 0.9% for 60 months....should have financed more. Santa Barbara Auto Group seems like a reasonable dealership. Compared the BMW 1 series ("unstable" (too light to the touch at freeway speed?) steering ) and the Audi TT (4cyl mpg, but turbo Lag)...hoping for better long term value with Infiniti?
-Electric plug in vehicle next time? Weight will need to drop...see Aptera.

Last edited by ifinity; 09-05-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by ifinity
Good thread to help improve Infinity:
-missing voice commands for tuning the radio and controlling the temperature is getting me down. Can that be restored?
There are voice commands for tuning the radio and controlling temperatures. For example, “Tune 87.7” will get you right to that station. And “Temperature 72” will get you 72 degrees on both. If you add “Passenger” or “Driver” to the temperature command you can change just one side. The full list of voice commands is in our Audio, Video & Electronics forum sticky.

And BTW, as a new member you need to spell Infiniti correctly lest we think you're talking about an audio components company.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is the first time im hearing about the Bimmer 1 series having unstable steering, can someone elaborate on that?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Keng
h0ll@111!!!111 Keng speaks the truth.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
schmeah

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
As folks are looking on this forum for advice on the purchase of a new G37 I thought it would be handy to compile a list of all the negatives to help guide their decision making process, after all the pro's are obvious, these aren't. Here's my list..feel free to add.

1. Access to door storage is difficult while seated.
2. 08 Paint scratches easily
3. Stock Mufflers may rattle
4. 08 Door handles scratched easily
5. Can't program fully extended seat or steering wheel position
6. Car is very heavy and will never be fast off the line.
7. Wheel paint easily ruined with non-all wheel cleaner.
8. Major blind spot on driver side
9. Some Nav and music box features disabled while moving.
10. Seats wear quickly and can stretch leaving ripples.
11. Seats uncomfortable after 1 hour - firm sides.
12. Very small trunk space
13. 6MT gear shift vibrates at idle, noisy transmission
14. Paddle shifters are slow due to rev matching
15. 5AT downshifts in DS to 2nd can be rough
16. Back seat is for brief case or child with no legs.
17. Door arm rests are too low and design cramps larger drivers.
18. Head space is limited for tall drivers.
19. Uncomfortable seat belt, digs into your neck.
20. Electric seats move very slowly making full access to the back seat tiresome.
21. Driver storage in arm rest is very small
22. Can't adjust seats while seated and door is closed.
Wow! Sounds like this car is a real skank. I was thinking about going back to Infiniti and buying this car for my wife. Thanks for persuading me otherwise...
Old 09-05-2008, 09:34 PM
RedG37SNC

Wow! Sounds like this car is a real skank. I was thinking about going back to Infiniti and buying this car for my wife. Thanks for persuading me otherwise...
Awe damn..one less G37 on the roads... I'm glad we could help you out!

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 09-05-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:48 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
no launch control in the 5AT!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 PM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by schmeah
Nice! I was getting tired of seeing so many of them on the road anyway :P
Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by 3ammaksamer
no launch control in the 5AT!
Nice, I want that too but remember this isn't a wish thread. Comments on existing features only.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:11 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by ifinity
Good thread to help improve Infiniti
Very true, if there are any dealers on here feel free to give this list to Infiniti Corp... be nice to see some if not all fixed in 2010!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Let’s remember that most of the negatives stated here involve the car’s size, which cannot nor should not be changed. Otherwise it wouldn’t be a coupe anymore, certainly not one we could afford. In other words, if all the negatives were “fixed” it would be like another Aston Martin DB9 and would cost around $150,000.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:51 PM
BlackS

Originally Posted by Chekov
There are voice commands for tuning the radio and controlling temperatures. For example, “Tune 87.7” will get you right to that station. And “Temperature 72” will get you 72 degrees on both. If you add “Passenger” or “Driver” to the temperature command you can change just one side. The full list of voice commands is in our Audio, Video & Electronics forum sticky.

And BTW, as a new member you need to spell Infiniti correctly lest we think you're talking about an audio components company.
Hi guys this is my first post and I hate to be negative, but your post is correct and incorrect. If you read the thread you reference, there was a running change to the programming of the voice commands and for those of us with a newer program, Temperature and Radio commands have been eliminated. Sucks too because I had an '07 G35 you could do this with it and it was great. Anyway, just thought I'd chime in just in case anybody was confused as to why their Voice commands didn't work properly.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Thumbs up

BlackS,
Good point. My G37 is an early one with all the commands still available. I really don’t know specifically what commands were eliminated. Perhaps someone could post a second list for the later cars.

Quick Reply: TOP G37 Negatives