Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Baby on the way - go bye-bye coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:28 AM
g37s0608

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember though, that its only the G coupe that "stands out"

The G sedan is rather bland and boring to look at, who cares whether it drives just like or better than the G coupe.

In fact, I'd prefer the Camry over the G sedan

I'd sooner get a civic or a corrolla and save the extra $$$ than get the
G Sedan

By the way I just saw the new Maxima in the flesh while I was having my car serviced yesterday and I'm really digging its aesthetics.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Mestizo

I have a daughter who is not even 2 years old yet and transporting her in my coupe is no hassle at all. Pressing the black button on top of the seat automatically motorizes the seat forward and there is plenty of room IMO to buckle your baby in the car seat and roll out. It will be 10 times easier when your baby is big enough so you can have a forward facing car seat. Get the coupe, you wont regret it. Congratz on the baby!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:38 AM
blackG

Ya, just get the 09 G37 4door. That way you still have the performance and you get the 4doors for the kids.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:55 AM
bunluvsvw

Hmm, I would say scratch the idea of the IS350 or the Bmw 335 if space is such a major issue with you. I had the Is250 which is the same as the Is350except drivetrain, trust me bro, that thing aint that big if you ask me, neither is the 335 from Bmw. You have to remember, newborns have to face backward in the rear seats, its gonna be a pain in alot of cars. I traded in my is250 for a Honda Fit which believe it or not has more back space than the lexus, I just had a baby last week and I barely had enough space in the back for the baby seat, I actually had to move the passenger seat up a notch to be able to fit the baby seat in. I also picked up a brand new g37 last week too and I really dont think its too possible to put a baby seat in the back seat, especially if i have to put it in backwards for the newborn. So if I was you, just take the wifes murano on family days and enjoy your g37 the remaining 5 days of the week.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Eastern-G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey bunluvsvw, congrats on the new baby and thanks for the info. Do you ever think you'll be taking the new babe in the G? Any particular reason for going with the Fit (fuel economy, large interior, etc)? I think I should start test driving these cars so I can rule some choices out. Maybe I'll bring along an average-size car seat and stroller to see which cars are easy to get in and out of. That might help narrow things down for me.

Thanks all for the comments - keep em comin'!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:34 PM
bunluvsvw

Yeah, we use to have an Is250awd with the navi and hid, its a good car and everything, cooling seats, afs headlights, touchscreen everything, My wife really likes the car but i didnt really like it, for a car with a msrp of $39,600 i really think it lacked power, it had a whooping 204hp with a v6 that required premium, the back seat was kinda cramp, actually the front wasnt that much better either. Maybe its just me, I got it for around $36,000 plus tax and tags, but for that kinda money, I didnt feel like i was driving a "premium" car. It just felt like I was driving an upgraded Honda Civic, so we traded it in cause once she got pregnant, she basically stopped working so the payment on the lexus was really bugging me. I had to pay $720 a month for a freekin car that I didnt like at all so we traded it in for a Honda Fit, We really love the Fit, payments are $320 a month now. It takes $35 to fill it up on regular instead of $65 on premium, oh and we average 25mpg local on it over 14mpg on the lexus. Believe it or not, there is actually more legroom in the Fit over the Is250. LOL, once we got the Fit, I put in Hid the first day, had a kenwood touchscreen navi/tv put in the week following, a Viper remote start, and we even put in little stuff like cross drilled front rotors, tint, and two weeks ago, we even put in a greddy axleback just for ****s and giggles. We had the 08 Is250 for 6 months and 3000miles afterwards we traded in for the Fit and lost $5000, ouch, but it was a one time thing though, Im pretty sure I wont lose $5000 on the Fit if i was to trade it in even in 2 years, lol. Let me know if you need any more questions answered
Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 PM
bunluvsvw

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, most ppl with the baby seats are fine cause they are not infant seats, dont forget that you have to face the back of the car in an infant seat, making it a real big hassle to put your kid in. I really dont think I will be taking my baby anywhere far with the G. Maybe an ocasional few short trips/task is ok. I have the Fit for the family events, worst comes to worst, I still have my work truck, my 99 Nissan Quest Minivan, thats one of the reason why I didnt worry about buying a G37, People that can afford this car should have no problem affording a $3-5000 beater to run around in. Insurance might even be cheaper with a second car in the policy. lol, but yeah, like most ppl that buy this car, this car looks awesome and got *****, I totally agree, you dont get that feeling in a Camry... Just cause you have a kid, it shouldnt alter your lifestyle significantly. Does it mean you should sell your Plasma tv at home and watch a Black and white tv from the Flea Market to save for your kids college funds?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

Get the G37 as you only live once!

I have a 1 year old and she fits nicely in the rear seat - even with my wifes seat and my seat all the way back.

It's probably easier/quicker to get my daughter out of the rear seat then it would be to get her out of a sedan - reasons -> 1. the coupes doors are nice and long and open really wide 2. the push button seat advance is quick and painless 3. You don't have to open and close 2 doors.

I would suggest getting a good forward facing seat - not the ones that sit really high. Before my daughter was 1 year old - she was in a rear-facing seat (Graco Snugride) which fit like a charm - sure the passenger seat won't go all the way back with a rear-facing seat but it's still very doable.

My daughter can even sleep better in this car since the cabin is so quiet - compared to all the road noise that my Accord had in the cabin.

As for strollers - not just umbrella strollers fit as we have a Bugaboo Cameleon stroller that fits perfectly in the trunck when we need to tot her around. (It comes apart in 2 pieces - I would recommend this stroller even with its hefty price tag - especially if you are planning on having more kids).

I wouldn't suggest test driving the G37 unless you are really serious though -- because after driving this beast all other cars look, feel and sound plain...

Last edited by Loki123; 09-08-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
LightningG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 4 year old boy and a 4 week old boy, they both fit just fine in the G37 coupe. That's actually why I bought it, an incredible amount rear seat room for that style car I think.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:23 PM
go4gr8

Originally Posted by TheCutter
In fact, my three year old cries if she has to go in the SUV, because she loves riding in "dad's car" (chip off the ol' block); she considers bumpy roads to be the most fun.
That's awesome!!

My 6-month old at the time went hysterical in my SVT Focus when we were driving up to Berlin, NH on some twisty bumpy roads to watch the New England Forest Rally. He loves bumps!

Saying that, he fits well in the back as my SVT is a coupe.

I'm still planning to get the G37 coupe as well and he will fit fine. Wife doesn't have a problem either which is bonus. and she's totally against getting a minivan. I think she'd rather blow-torch her nipples off before buying a minivan.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 PM
nhautman

Why not get the G37s? I had to get rid of my '04 350Z for the baby. After driving the wife's TSX for a year, I went to get G35x on Saturday. Walked up to a G37s and saw that the car seat might fit in the back. The salesman didn't think there was any way.

I showed up a few hours later with my wife, the baby, and his seat. And sure enough, it fits fine. Getting him in and out is surprisingly easy. Not as easy as a sedan, but no real problem at all. The salesman laughed his a** off. I told him to draw up the papers, and now I don't get depressed whenever I see a Z on the road.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 PM
g37s0608

I had an 2002 Accord coupe V6 and my son was born in 2003 had no issues with any car seat. They all fit fine newborn; booster etc.

But then again my wife's always had a CRV

Prior to 2002 I'd haul both my new born nephews in my 1996 Trans Am again, no problems with the car seats.

I say just go to the dealer tomorrow and buy it, what the heck like someone here said you only live once.

You aren't going to look as good in that coupe today as you will tomorrow.

And as I've said before, just because your married doesn't mean you're dead.

Or how about this: "marriage is not a license to let yourself go" , yah gotta keep the wife interested.

i really do not see myself getting anything but a coupe today, tomorrow 10 year from now....one might call me an eternal coupe guy
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
go4gr8

Originally Posted by nhautman
Why not get the G37s? I had to get rid of my '04 350Z for the baby. After driving the wife's TSX for a year, I went to get G35x on Saturday. Walked up to a G37s and saw that the car seat might fit in the back. The salesman didn't think there was any way.

I showed up a few hours later with my wife, the baby, and his seat. And sure enough, it fits fine. Getting him in and out is surprisingly easy. Not as easy as a sedan, but no real problem at all. The salesman laughed his a** off. I told him to draw up the papers, and now I don't get depressed whenever I see a Z on the road.
FYI to all parents: Infiniti has their own child seat program called Snug Kids, where they test all sorts of car seats and see which fit best in each of their cars, including the G37. You can find out more here: http://www.infiniti.com/ownership/snug-kids.html