Sponsored By:

Getting a G37S

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BiskitG37
This is just IMO, and I work in healthcare, not corporate, but:
Doesn't most of corporate America drive one of the black/silver/white color cars? I think the AB is very striking, is there enough of idividuality where you will be working to not stick out?
+1 agreed, I think AG will stand out a little too much for the looks you are wanting. Most businessman drive a rich color looking car, for instance on g37... Amethyst Graphite, Liquid Platinum, Platinum Graphite, Blue Slate, Black Obsidian or Ivory Pearl would blend in with your job lifestyle a little bit better. It will look more professional like. But it is up to you! btw what job position are you entering?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:05 PM
SilverG

We have the same name! =O
lol

Last edited by SilverG; 08-25-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 PM
tenfour

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^hahahaha...thats funny.

i feel that the G already looks classy and the color doesn't matter. but if you put some rims on it and still want to look a little more conservative, white, black or silver is the way to go.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:25 PM
blak37

I ended up with BO, sporty at meets yet still classy for work, btw auto in this car is amazing especially with the paddle shifters. Overall the car is great, in D the car shifts very smooth and switch it in DS mode and it will hold gears through turns, Overall it will be a purchase you won't regret
Old 08-25-2008, 11:30 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait let me check... yep, I'm afraid we've reach full capacity on the number of G's sold in the US.. please look for another car, might I suggest the Audi A5 or BMW 328i. Besides, the G is a rather cramped car that get's poor gas mileage, has seats that imprint and wear quickly and is heavier then a x-wife, you could do much better for a little more. Further, if you get a manual, you'd have to be willing to watch your stick shift doing the egg beater or clutch sticking, and if you get an automatic deal with manual shifting that's no where near as nice as a Ferarri. Ignore all the glowing praise.. it's a conspiracy, Infiniti gave all of us a 1K discount at purchace to lure us in and then manchurian candidate brain washed us. I think I covered all the negatives.. did I miss any? Oh yea and the paint scratches easy as hell, your inner door handles will scratch on the first day and don't wash your rims with chrome wheel cleaner.. the paint will come off and stain with black spots.. and one more, don't be surprised if your mufflers rattle a little The car's basically a FAIL, that's why most of us spend so much time on here replacing all the parts.. hoping to finally get a good car.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 08-25-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
silver g

Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
+1 agreed, I think AG will stand out a little too much for the looks you are wanting. Most businessman drive a rich color looking car, for instance on g37... Amethyst Graphite, Liquid Platinum, Platinum Graphite, Blue Slate, Black Obsidian or Ivory Pearl would blend in with your job lifestyle a little bit better. It will look more professional like. But it is up to you! btw what job position are you entering?
Yeah I want to stand out a little bit. I already have a silver G35 and I am quite bored with silver cars as well as all of the other neutral colors. I was gonna get Blue Slate, but that was until I saw an AB G37S. The color is awesome!!

I am going to be a Sales Solutions Executive at Xerox Corporation. Everybody there drives black, silver, and white. I am looking to "lighten" up the mood a little bit.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:41 PM
silver g

Originally Posted by SilverG
We have the same name! =O
lol
Hello fellow silver g owner
Old 08-26-2008, 12:45 PM
silver g

Originally Posted by tenfour
^^hahahaha...thats funny.

i feel that the G already looks classy and the color doesn't matter. but if you put some rims on it and still want to look a little more conservative, white, black or silver is the way to go.
I am really planning on keeping the car as stock as possible. I already have a modified G35 with more stuff going into it. All of the modding will continued to be done to that car. Rims for the G37 will be a big IF because if I do that knowing myself I will have to lower the car too, which in the long run will defeat the practicallity purposes of the new car. I really want to keep the G37 as comfortable of a daily driver as possible.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:50 PM
silver g

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Wait let me check... yep, I'm afraid we've reach full capacity on the number of G's sold in the US.. please look for another car, might I suggest the Audi A5 or BMW 328i. Besides, the G is a rather cramped car that get's poor gas mileage, has seats that imprint and wear quickly and is heavier then a x-wife, you could do much better for a little more. Further, if you get a manual, you'd have to be willing to watch your stick shift doing the egg beater or clutch sticking, and if you get an automatic deal with manual shifting that's no where near as nice as a Ferarri. Ignore all the glowing praise.. it's a conspiracy, Infiniti gave all of us a 1K discount at purchace to lure us in and then manchurian candidate brain washed us. I think I covered all the negatives.. did I miss any? Oh yea and the paint scratches easy as hell, your inner door handles will scratch on the first day and don't wash your rims with chrome wheel cleaner.. the paint will come off and stain with black spots.. and one more, don't be surprised if your mufflers rattle a little The car's basically a FAIL, that's why most of us spend so much time on here replacing all the parts.. hoping to finally get a good car.
Yeah what's with the crappy paint? My G35 Coupe is the same way. I did look at a BMW but honestly for what you get it's way overpriced, and Audi's IMO are glorified Volkswagens. For the price you really can't go wrong with the G37S. I bought my 6MT G35 Coupe in 2003 brand new and I fell in love with the car. I am eager to experience the new and refined version.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM
silver g

Thanks again everybody for the responses. Can't wait to get the car!!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by silver g
Thanks again everybody for the responses. Can't wait to get the car!!
Paint issue has been improved on the '09 models. Nissan is notorious for soft (read:crappy) paint. They finally addressed this issue in the '09 models.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
silver g

^^ Thank you...good to know
Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Cnewt
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greetings.

New to the forum. Just bought an '08 Journey/Sport-Premium-Nav-Splash-Ill. door sills-Splash guards-Cargo net-Trunk mat-Auto.

Got a killer deal. Still ok after reading some of the posts re: new trans. etc,.

Can you tell me what TSB's we should be concerned about?

Also, one dealer mentioned an "Aero package". Any info on exactly what that is?

Build date 1-10-2008.

Thanks for any replies.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:33 PM
cdebnil

I work at headquarters of a major oil company...The reserved spots are like a car show....Audi R8's, Ferrari's, Massarati, Ford GT, the entire Porsche line, etc...Although it might sound absurd, the unique/semi exotic look of the G37 actually fits in very well in the parking garage with the other real exotics...People ocassionally give it a look when I'm pulling out....even though I have a lowly base.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Aero package? Is that the wings that let you fly? lol

Quick Reply: Getting a G37S