Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Horrible Crash. How Bad Is This?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
SFG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow

Next question. HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
george37

Originally Posted by ChOy BoY
r u from brooklyn btw?

Nah i live in forest hills, queens
Old 08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
you forgot airbags...$2k each.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SFG37S
Next question. HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?
Here is my theory:

"VDC was on. TCS was on. i had just started the car 5 minutes prior and my only real error was driving in tiptronic in 2nd during rain. The car spun out because of a mix of rain, dirt and oil that was on the road. trucks unload there all day so it was the wrong place at the wrong time to make such a loose turn. cops didnt even bug me they could telle exactly what happened so they just felt sorry for me. i was doin about 15 so damage was minimal on the first impact, its the fact that i was launched into 2 trucks that caused all that ugly stuff."
Old 08-18-2008, 02:29 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the physical body damage is apparent. But since it looks like you may have hit a curb i.e. the flat tire you may also have suspension damage. We'll see.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:55 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^If he was going 15mph I doubt it.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speedracer g37
you forgot airbags...$2k each.
Yup, headlights and wheels alone are probably +$5k.

All in I would say you are looking at around $15k in damages, depending on the shop it could go up from there.

Just make sure you get it fixed somewhere reputable who offer a good warranty. Look for things like paint match, make sure the body panels line up good, make sure the car doesnt track left or right, vibrations at speed, etc. Just be picky as you can when you get it back, its a lot easier to get these things fixed immedately after delivery than it is after a year or two.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you sure you were going 15mph? I think it takes hitting a barrier @ 14mph or a parked car the size of our G @ 28mph to set those things off. Well, I guess the hydrant would be a barrier.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:37 PM
SFG37S

Originally Posted by Callaway
Here is my theory:

"VDC was on. TCS was on. i had just started the car 5 minutes prior and my only real error was driving in tiptronic in 2nd during rain. The car spun out because of a mix of rain, dirt and oil that was on the road. trucks unload there all day so it was the wrong place at the wrong time to make such a loose turn. cops didn't even bug me they could telle exactly what happened so they just felt sorry for me. i was doin about 15 so damage was minimal on the first impact, its the fact that i was launched into 2 trucks that caused all that ugly stuff."
Hey Callaway, Great theory! Now note the posting times. Must of posted while I was typing. Thanks for your brilliant observation and have a wonderful day!

George, Sorry about your ride man! I have not had my baby in the rain yet, But seeing this,I know I will be feathering her throttle when i do. I have been kinda suspect already about the Potenza's in the wet. This confirms my suspicions!

Last edited by SFG37S; 08-18-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fat finger!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:08 PM
SFG37S

By the way, If it is only cosmetic as you stated, Don't let anyone scare you. Your car will drive just as it did before the crash. The key is to find a first flight body shop who will not cut corners and fix it right! Ask the right questions and make sure they use genuine Infiniti parts.(although I doubt there are any copies as of yet) The paint blending is very important also. Check to see what other kind of vehicles are being repaired. Check to see if any already repaired cars are on the premises and then ask what was repaired. Check to see if they have upgraded paint booth and equipment. And most of all, If you have a funny feeling they are shady or jacking you around,Don't hesitate to tell your adjuster that you prefer that another shop performs the repairs. If the adjuster balks, Insist on it!

Take no prisoners and most of all...................Good Luck!

Last edited by SFG37S; 08-18-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry about your luck man but it still sounds weird that you could break the wheels loose at only 15 and with the VDC on and cause that much damage.

Rain or not, I try to trick my VDC all the time and it only barely slides out.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by george37
VDC was on. TCS was on. i had just started the car 5 minutes prior and my only real error was driving in tiptronic in 2nd during rain. The car spun out because of a mix of rain, dirt and oil that was on the road. trucks unload there all day so it was the wrong place at the wrong time to make such a loose turn. cops didnt even bug me they could telle exactly what happened so they just felt sorry for me. i was doin about 15 so damage was minimal on the first impact, its the fact that i was launched into 2 trucks that caused all that ugly stuff.
If it will make you feel better, be very thankful they aren't giving you a ticket for wreckless driving. Anytime you loose control of your vehicle.. it's wreckless driving. A lot of other cars took that turn that day and didn't kiss the hydrant.. definate pilot error here, fact you were in sport mode kind of says it all. Don't mean to be cruel but it's better if you accept responsibility, know that you did it and learn so you don't do it again.

They definate cut you some slack, probably cause they knew you're already paying a heavy mental fine. We have the technology and can rebuild her, be thankful no one got hurt.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 08-18-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:58 PM
SFG37S

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
If it will make you feel better, be very thankful they aren't giving you a ticket for wreckless driving. Anytime you loose control of your vehicle.. it's wreckless driving. A lot of other cars took that turn that day and didn't kiss the hydrant.. definate pilot error here, fact you were in sport mode kind of says it all. Don't mean to be cruel but it's better if you accept responsibility, know that you did it and learn so you don't do it again.

They definate cut you some slack, probably cause they knew you're already paying a heavy mental fine. We have the technology and can rebuild her, be thankful no one got hurt.
You are probably right, and I am sure George now knows this, However, do we really need to rub salt in the wound?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM
george37

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC

bro believe me the last thing im saying is blaming it on weather conditions. i could have and should have made that turn but i didnt, so **** it. i wasnt speeding, i wasnt wreckless, but i didnt have as much control and pre-meditated action going into that turn as i shouldve. it was my fault

But yeah my main concern now is the condition of my car when this is over. i'll keep you guys posted. spoke to Geico today, the adjuster is gonna come by this week so i'll have the numbers
Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM
wuuuuuuuu

holy sheep man. At least you are fine health wise.

Quick Reply: Horrible Crash. How Bad Is This?