Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Manual vs Auto

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Gday
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how many race car out there are automatic? Besides the f1 cars that only have 2 speeds.

Again, the "stuck in traffic excuse is lame".. haha. I hit the 5 to the 55 every morning, (newport beach), and I have no issues.

Last edited by Gday; 08-06-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:20 PM
kg37

How many times must this manual vs auto sh*t come up? Give it a break. A G37 is a G37 no matter what tranny you have. People need to work on their driving skills at a track and stop comparing .1 tenths of a second.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:25 PM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gday
So how many race car out there are automatic? Besides the f1 cars that only have 2 speeds.

Again, the "stuck in traffic excuse is lame".. haha. I hit the 5 to the 55 every morning, (newport beach), and I have no issues.
How many race car drivers can't properly drive stick? Probably ALL can drive stick perfectly, but we, as in you and me and probably the majority of MyG37, most likely cannot shift at the exact times and speed a DS mode Auto can shift, or an experienced nascar racer.

The G37 is NOT a race car. There are much faster cars that are NOT race cars, they go from MB to BMW, even to a slightly modded S2000, and these are not ALL race cars. The "Race Car" would be the GTR. You can turn a 350Z into a race car, since it is a roadster, but being the G37 has back seats and a bunch of luxury features for you and a partner, probably even kids in the back, incl. an Aux to watch movies, the G37 is far from one. Notice how the Lotus, Porsche, Ferrari, etc., have interiors much less luxurious than the G37.

So the argument of, is an MT vs. Auto quicker is null & void. Both can be very competitive, but in the case of the 2008 Infiniti G37, it is known that the Auto has a slight advantage over the 6MT in millisecond-wise, due to the experience of the average manual driver.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing MT drivers either; My next choice might possibly be either an M3, GTR (If they decide to not ask for $25k over msrp and leave it dead at MSRP a year and a half from now) or a Porsche Cayman - all Manual.

Last edited by DdotRoq; 08-06-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM
kg37

Originally Posted by DdotRoq
How many race car drivers can't properly drive stick? Probably ALL can drive stick perfectly, but we, as in you and me and probably the majority of MyG37, most likely cannot shift at the exact times and speed a DS mode Auto can shift, or an experienced nascar racer.

The G37 is NOT a race car. There are much faster cars that are NOT race cars, they go from MB to BMW, even to a slightly modded S2000, and these are not ALL race cars. The "Race Car" would be the GTR. You can turn a 350Z into a race car, since it is a roadster, but being the G37 has back seats and a bunch of luxury features for you and a partner, probably even kids in the back, incl. an Aux to watch movies, the G37 is far from one. Notice how the Lotus, Porsche, Ferrari, etc., have interiors much less luxurious than the G37.

So the argument of is an MT vs. Auto quicker is null & void. Both can be very competitive, but in the case if the 2008 infiniti G37, it is known that the Auto has a slight advantage over the 6MT in millisecond-wise, due to the experience of the average manual driver.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing MT drivers either; My next choice might possibly be either an M3, GTR (If they decide to not ask for $25k over msrp and leave it dead at MSRP a year and a half from now) or a Porsche Cayman - all Manual.

BTW the M3 GTR and the Porsche have clutchless manual's as options.