Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2009 G37 Coupe Ordering Guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:43 PM
MMC Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyCham
well, the sedan did come out in 07, so this 09 is a refresh. the only people pissed about the trans is probably the auto coupe owners, but it doesnt really affect them because the 09 auto is still 5spd, unless they get a X model, which is new for coupe.
09 coupe is a 7AT at a minimum in the Sport model, most likely in the entire line. I'm sure we'll know for sure soon.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by bsimms
I have a question for Da Mayor. If i'm reading this correctly, to get the rear spoiler on the journey model you have to order the sport package and the nav package or can you get the spoiler with just the sport pkg?
yup, same goes for the sedan as well. they basically you want to buy the packages to get the spoiler from the factory, not saying it won't be dealer installed.

and the scratch shield paint. it depends on the area where you live but it will take some time for scratch shield protection to occur.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:24 AM
bsimms

Thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM
msb3079

i don't understand people saying they are mad they didnt wait for these small differences.... someone said "i knew i should have waited for the second year"

usually the 3rd year is MORE changes than the second.

models change every year. you guys know that, right?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:59 AM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by msb3079
i don't understand people saying they are mad they didnt wait for these small differences.... someone said "i knew i should have waited for the second year"

3rd year usually involves a nice face-lift (The perfected model), the 4th year is an identical copy of the 4th year with minor tweaks (ie. added wood trim or added color), 5th year is either same as 4th or absent, 6th year, new model. Most of us should just wait for the 6th year, as we will all be the 9-speed G57 Hybrid Electric Convertible with Auto-Pilot.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by msb3079

I don't understand people caring that people are posting they should have waited.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:15 PM
thexfactor

Originally Posted by JonnyOzero3
What they really need to add is air-conditioned seats....

And ~30ft/lbs of torque.

That would make me think about trading in during this model year.
+1...
Old 07-30-2008, 05:45 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Everyone here who thinks this is not such a big deal either leasing or delusional. Come resale time a 08sport package WILL go for substantially less than a used 09 in comparable condition above and beyond the cost difference for a new model year. THIS is what has me very peeved, it simply means that Infiniti has shafted me for no good reason. This 'simple' update could have waited another year or so the maintain a respectable sales level.

These types of updates are usually done when sales are slipping in the face of the competition, this isn't the case here. This car is selling well (lord only know how many I see on the street) and I was knifed in the back.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:12 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by blackfunk
Everyone here who thinks this is not such a big deal either leasing or delusional. Come resale time a 08sport package WILL go for substantially less than a used 09 in comparable condition above and beyond the cost difference for a new model year. THIS is what has me very peeved, it simply means that Infiniti has shafted me for no good reason. This 'simple' update could have waited another year or so the maintain a respectable sales level.

These types of updates are usually done when sales are slipping in the face of the competition, this isn't the case here. This car is selling well (lord only know how many I see on the street) and I was knifed in the back.
More than likely the 7AT just wasn't ready yet at G37 launch. Sometimes these things don't line up nicely. Now that it is available, they may have accelerated its adoption in the G37 because of gas prices or this may have been the roadmap all along. I don't see a big hit on resale from a lack of the 7AT, maybe $500-1000...
Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 PM
JonnyOzero3

Originally Posted by blackfunk

Whaaaat?!

1) 7AT? Don't care. I have a 6MT and will sell to a person that wants a stick. If you have the 5AT, do you really think it's going to make that much of a difference? Hell, I bet most buyers wouldn't even know there were two extra gears on the 09 unless you told them. Forum fleas aren't the regular mass consumer crowd...

2) Self-healing paint turns into regular paint after three years. So, no matter there.

I don't see a knife....

Last edited by JonnyOzero3; 07-30-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by JonnyOzero3
Whaaaat?!

1) 7AT? Don't care. I have a 6MT and will sell to a person that wants a stick. If you have the 6AT, do you really think it's going to make that much of a difference? Hell, I bet most buyers wouldn't even know there WAS an extra gear on the 09 unless you told them. Forum fleas aren't the regular mass consumer crowd...

2) Self-healing paint turns into regular paint after three years. So, no matter there.

I don't see a knife....
The 6AT was a 2008 1/2 addition?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:16 PM
JonnyOzero3

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
The 6AT was a 2008 1/2 addition?

Haha, sh*t. I'm retarded. It's been a long day.

Fixed
Old 07-30-2008, 10:11 PM
g37at44

Here's my analogy... If you wait to buy a new computer because you think something new is around the corner, you will never own a computer. The computer will become outdated pretty much right after you buy it. Same with cars. They change and improve over time. I'm not sure why so many are surprised by the fact that the G (and every other car made) will evolve.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:12 AM
g37s0608

Don't really care much about the revised upgrades for the 09 save for that "Self-Healing" paint.

I really wish I had that on my car.

I'm likely going to get that washi door trim for my 08 once a part number becomes available.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by g37at44
Here's my analogy... If you wait to buy a new computer because you think something new is around the corner, you will never own a computer. The computer will become outdated pretty much right after you buy it. Same with cars. They change and improve over time. I'm not sure why so many are surprised by the fact that the G (and every other car made) will evolve.
You'd be correct if there were a huge market for used computers that could not be upgraded. I personally would not buy a pc that could not be upgraded quite easily. And as a bit of a slap in the face have you seen the interior of the new Max? Looks mighty infiniti like I must say. I think that Nissian/Infiniti needs better brand separation if they are taking this luxury alternative to BMW seriously. Don't believe me, ask Ford how Lincoln is doing? (I know all the other issues contribute as well but it sure doesn't help their cause).

I say all this to say if you bought a condo in a gated community and the same builders put up the same condo across the street and included a pool and a tennis court/basketball court all for the same money you'd wouldn't be amused if you could have had 'more' for the same amount of cash.

All in all though I hope that you guys are correct.

Last edited by blackfunk; 07-31-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: 2009 G37 Coupe Ordering Guide