G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2009 G37 Coupe Ordering Guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
alexg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1^....wha..wha..wha....people are crying for the 7AT..big deal...whats the savings on the mpg maybe 2miles, max 3 > im guessing, AWD...if you live in a place like CA, why would you need AWD, Scratch Shield paint..okay..thats just something else that Infiniti came up with to attract buyers...automatic door locks...blah..blah...blah..get the aftermarket upgrade....all Im trying to say is...all of you stop crying about the car...you all have a bada##s car...just be happy nothing change as far as design and engine......I guess that's my two cents into this thread......later yo
Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 AM
jinu123nyc

I'm surprised no one has asked how many lbs the AWD will add to the already heavy G37?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by jinu123nyc
I'm surprised no one has asked how many lbs the AWD will add to the already heavy G37?
Actually, many have talked about it. From months ago when the AWD was rumored and mentioned in Europe, we all knew that it was going to add a gazillion pounds to an already piggy off the line car. If it doesn't snow where you live, AWD is not needed. I'm going to pass on it. South TX doesn't see any snow.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 AM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A reminscence of the famous 2001 Skyline GTR would have been nice - Twin-Turbo All-wheel drive...

Here is MY Opinion for your sponge, please hold your beer and toast to my speech:

AWD? Unnecessary. I have never seen a day colder than 50 degrees in the past 3 years (in South FL - atleast as far as I recall) , so in reality, AWD is no win for me, just a nice competition for BMW. Live in Cali, Southern Texas, etc.? Don't bother with AWD, your wasting your time - unless you plan to go off-roading on a G37. Spare me your story, please.

7AT - The famous 7AT everyone is talking about. Let's take this into consideration, people. What is Infiniti's selling point for the 7AT? GAS MILEAGE. Is it a convenience? Sure it is. Lets analyze this carefully:

A 5AT Transmission vs. a 7AT Transmission does not typically mean better gas mileage. The gear ratio's are designed both for Gas mileage, while the the DS mode puts both transmissions in a state of "Race". Whether you have a 4-speed, 5-speed, 6-speed or 7-speed transmission, the gas mileage depends on your driving style. Did anyone account for the issue that it is a PROVEN FACT, a 7AT weighs more than a 5AT? They are identically designed using the same materials, making the 7AT ideally, heavier.

Speed? Remember the big boys from the past? Camaro Z28, Mustang GT, Shelby, Corvette, Trans-Am, etc.? 4AT or 4MT. 4-Speeds only, some vette's came in 3-speed. Care to take one to the track vs. our G? a 4AT GTO with a 454 will leave our G's crying.

I typically see the 7AT as a way of Infiniti progressing their line and creating a new selling poing in this recession we are in. They might even spread this 7AT to cover costs throughout all of Nissan's line. I came from (before the 335i) a 2005 G35 Coupe, and I did not have the doorless access, or whatever it is called. I thought BMW was innovative with this technology, then I find out the G37 had it.. then I found out the Altima had it.. I then felt it is obsolete technology my G35 should have had.

Scratch Shield paint... Another selling point. Don't literally do this, but imagine getting a pebble and throwing it at the G you currently own. Unless you have BO, which tends to be vulnerable to wind scratch, our G holds up extremely well! I cannot complain, our paint is very resistant as is. Do you really think you will pay $40k+ for crappy paint? Infiniti has been using this excellent paint for over 3 years, and slightly increase the quality of it (Just like they did on the 2008 G37's, notice the paint is much improved than that of a G35), BUT hold up, now it has a name. Scratch Shield. Notice - MARKETING EFFORT.

I'm not bashing Infiniti, but everyone on this site, feels either cheated or screwed by Infiniti, and this is not the case. I would feel cheated if.. (Sorry for you owners of the referenced), I bought a 2008 G35 Sedan with the new body, and here comes the 2009's with a new engine (G37), or worse, buying a 2007 G35 Coupe, and the 2008 G37's come out a week later. This is not the case.

The whole point of Infiniti doing slight changes is to encourage others to buy a NEW G37 opposed to a Used one, so Infiniti could keep their revenue flowing and continue to provide us with excellent vehicles, year after year.

I now sign out -

Dave
Old 07-29-2008, 11:31 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

^ I'm with you, Dave.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Gyoza

I'm with Dave on this too.

Just wait until the 2010 when Nissan ups the HP to match the 350hp 370Z, then we can all whine.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:47 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Yeah, its not really a big a deal as everyone is making it out to be.. Now if it was twin turbo then we'd all have to go trade our cars in
Old 07-29-2008, 11:51 AM
g37s0608

Originally Posted by Achilles
Very true about KT Tech but if it's already on the car, it's not needed anymore (well, execept for the NAV work-aroud). Also, I'll take the 3 yrs of scratch shield compared to the NOTHING that the current coupes have. Nissan is notorious for their soft paint. I've seen brand new cars on the lot with plastic in the interior that already has scratched paint. It's terrible. GIVE ME THE SCRATCH SHIELD!!!!!!!
I don't know whether I got "sucker-ed" by my dealer but I bought into that "paint protection" they spray onto the car which was suppose to make the car more resistant to scratches - is this the same thing as the now offered "scratch shield"?

The line that got me was : "you could light a match next to your car and not sustain any paint damage at all"

I also got the 3m film on the hood to protect the it from stone chips. Of course a few days later I got my 1st hwy stone chip and it happen to land on the part that didn't have the 3m film.

Let's not even get into the rust proofing & leather protection I purchased.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g37s0608
I don't know whether I got "sucker-ed" by my dealer but I bought into that "paint protection" they spray onto the car which was suppose to make the car more resistant to scratches - is this the same thing as the now offered "scratch shield"?

The line that got me was : "you could light a match next to your car and not sustain any paint damage at all"

I also got the 3m film on the hood to protect the it from stone chips. Of course a few days later I got my 1st hwy stone chip and it happen to land on the part that didn't have the 3m film.

Let's not even get into the rust proofing & leather protection I purchased.
No, the paint "protection" you purchased from the dealership is not the same as the scratch shield paint. What you purchased is probably a product like Zylon, which is nothing more than a durable sealant. A complete rip off if you ask me. Sorry.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by DdotRoq

7AT - The famous 7AT everyone is talking about. Let's take this into consideration, people. What is Infiniti's selling point for the 7AT? GAS MILEAGE. Is it a convenience? Sure it is. Lets analyze this carefully:

A 5AT Transmission vs. a 7AT Transmission does not typically mean better gas mileage. The gear ratio's are designed both for Gas mileage, while the the DS mode puts both transmissions in a state of "Race". Whether you have a 4-speed, 5-speed, 6-speed or 7-speed transmission, the gas mileage depends on your driving style. Did anyone account for the issue that it is a PROVEN FACT, a 7AT weighs more than a 5AT? They are identically designed using the same materials, making the 7AT ideally, heavier.

Speed? Remember the big boys from the past? Camaro Z28, Mustang GT, Shelby, Corvette, Trans-Am, etc.? 4AT or 4MT. 4-Speeds only, some vette's came in 3-speed. Care to take one to the track vs. our G? a 4AT GTO with a 454 will leave our G's crying.
The GTO would leave a G crying because of the 454, not the trans..

I wonder how the IS-F gets by with those 8 gears...

Only time will tell, but I would put money down today that the 7 speed with get greater MPH and do 0-60 and 1/4 miles times the same or better than the 5 speed. Willing to put $50 on a friendly wager?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:52 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Bravo Dave, +1!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Keng

All the new addition are great for us who are looking to buy once it's out
Old 07-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Keng
All the new addition are great for us who are looking to buy once it's out
Yep,..... +1^^
Old 07-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Gyoza

Originally Posted by Achilles
The Convert comes out in Feb '09.
yes, 2109. Better get in line.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:36 PM
mal_TX

Scratchshield paint is kind of a bunch of B.S. in my opinion.

I inspected the paint in the sun on several brand new EX35s at my local dealerships (have been washed by dealer) and they all had visible swirls from the dealership swirling department (er, i mean, detailing). A few of them were dirty again so I know it had been awhile since they were washed.

If the scratchshield paint cannot even heal swirls, I'm not sure what the point is?

Anyone else have experience with this?

Quick Reply: 2009 G37 Coupe Ordering Guide