G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How old were you when you first got the coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:37 AM
adam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think only those that bought one should post in here, not those that were bought one.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Scott at RA
Banned

Originally Posted by adam
I think only those that bought one should post in here, not those that were bought one.
Then the thread would be titled ..... "How old were you when you first Bought your coupe?", wouldn't it. "
Old 04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
iinviktus

I bet this thread would be half as long if that were the case.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:05 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got my G35 when I was 21. Got my G37 when I was 25

Bought both myself
Old 04-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Gman57

Bought my first G35 2 years ago. Today bought my G37S I'm 51 going on 18.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Scott at RA
Banned

Originally Posted by Gman57
Bought my first G35 2 years ago. Today bought my G37S I'm 51 going on 18.
Wow, you bought it today?? Congrats.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:15 AM
iLlmAtIc21390

I got my G37 when I turned 18 and now I'm 19 and already thinking of getting another car and still keeping my G37 with it. FX50 is on my mind

You could easily own a G37 working a a job at Walmart or Mickey D's. If you want to own one and finance it, at the most you will have to be pulling off is $500-$700 a month. Being the age I am, I always get the comment of being a spoiled kid, but that's not true cause I worked to pay for this car. I did all the shiit on my own. I got my own credit card and built my own credit to get this car. Now I own over three credit cards, have a $46,000 car, have 2 banks accounts, and invested in my first stocks already. Age should never being a barrier to you and what you want. If you work for it and your responsible, why not enjoy yourself right?

Hell my first job when I turned 18 was Real Estate. I studied, passed the State Test, and got my Liscense under a company here in NY. Right now I currently attend Nassau Community College and majoring in Computer Science and working part time security at JFK airport and still able to pay my monthly payments and everything else with a whole bunch of guap left in my pocket every week.

Young FTMFW

Bullshiit to all the people that think youngin's shouldn't have a G37. People need to stop thinking a G37 is for freaking rich people cause it's not. It's more of a middle class car. It would be a different story if we were talking about a Lambo or something. Sheeeshh. People see the name or hear the name Infiniti and assume your rich or something when it's not true. I love Infiniti but it's not a rich person's car. Sorry for my blunt attitude but it's true. I see people in rented apartments that have a G37. They have a G37 and if they were rich they wouldn't be living in a damn rented apartment. Just cause your a hardworking Doctor or whatever with a G37 and find out some teen has a G37 and your mad about it, you need to suck it up.

Last edited by iLlmAtIc21390; 04-12-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:24 AM
08g37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
I got my G37 when I turned 18 and now I'm 19 and already thinking of getting another car and still keeping my G37 with it. FX50 is on my mind

You could easily own a G37 working a a job at Walmart or Mickey D's. If you want to own one and finance it, at the most you will have to be pulling off is $500-$700 a month. Being the age I am, I always get the comment of being a spoiled kid, but that's not true cause I worked to pay for this car. I did all the shiit on my own. I got my own credit card and built my own credit to get this car. Now I own over three credit cards, have a $46,000 car, have 2 banks accounts, and invested in my first stocks already. Age should never being a barrier to you and what you want. If you work for it and your responsible, why not enjoy yourself right?

Hell my first job when I turned 18 was Real Estate. I studied, passed the State Test, and got my Liscense under a company here in NY. Right now I currently attend Nassau Community College and majoring in Computer Science and working part time security at JFK airport and still able to pay my monthly payments and everything else with a whole bunch of guap left in my pocket every week.

Young FTMFW
you must be the biggest p-rick in this thread!! own a g37 from working in mcdonalds or walmart? ill bet my ***** you spend every penny and more on your monthly payments you prombly cant afford gas dude with that type mentality you aint going nowhere in life
Old 04-12-2009, 12:47 AM
iLlmAtIc21390

Originally Posted by 08g37
you must be the biggest p-rick in this thread!! own a g37 from working in mcdonalds or walmart? ill bet my ***** you spend every penny and more on your monthly payments you prombly cant afford gas dude with that type mentality you aint going nowhere in life
I don't work in mcdonalds or walmart. My point I'm trying to make is that you could easily obtain a G37 working that job. And yes I could afford gas and everything else. I got nothing to worry about dude. If I don't do good in school (College) or whatever my parents want me to take over their business later, which they happen to be the founder of all the store supplies across NYC. Either way in life I won't end up poor man. I don't live out in the middle of freaking no where ya know. I got nothing to really worry about. I like doing things on my own, but if all fails I got my parents. Just cause my parents are wealthy doesn't mean I suck off them. I do my own shiit and get my own shiit. Don't be blinded by anger bro

To be honest if it weren't for my obsession with IT work I wouldn't even have gone to College cause my family is already invested really well and set for life. I went to college cause I love computers.

Last edited by iLlmAtIc21390; 04-12-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Rodzilla

If I don't do good in school (College) or whatever my parents want me to take over their business later, which they happen to be the founder of all the store supplies across NYC.
You might want to learn proper English first.

How do you not see the hypocrisy in saying you don't leech off your parents and then saying if all else fails you've got your parents, and you didn't even need to go to college or work...ahahahaha....oh wow, open your eyes.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:54 AM
iLlmAtIc21390

Originally Posted by Rodzilla
You might want to learn proper English first.

How do you not see the hypocrisy in saying you don't leech off your parents and then saying if all else fails you've got your parents, and you didn't even need to go to college or work...ahahahaha....oh wow, open your eyes.
It's a forum are you really going to suck me on improper english

This is a forum bud don't take it seriously. Anyways read one's post carefully before typing out such buffoonery. I clearly stated that I don't rely on my parents "BUT IF ALL ELSE FAILS!!!!" then they will be a last resort.

I'll make it a little easier so this time around even you'll understand. If I didn't go to College I got my parents. But I do go to College and working on my own separate career so I don't need them unless it fails. You always need someone for help, but if I don't need them I don't ask for it. wake up
Old 04-12-2009, 08:50 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You cannot afford a new G37 working some crappy job, unless you live at home with your parents and have no other bills. Maybe you could make 10 dollars and hour and afford your car payment. That is only 800 a month (full time) BEFORE taxes. You may barely be able to afford your car payment (that you could not have gotten without your parents credit). But there is no chance you can afford your own insurance, gas, or money for pretty much anything.

I only make about 70k a year and even I cannot afford a 700 a month car payment. Try buying a house, paying for college, paying utilities, supporting yourself, paying your own insurance, and throw a kid in for good measure. Then try saying it is cake to buy a G37.

You are lucky to have what you have, but you still need to grow up.

PS
10 dollars an hour was being generous. The federal minimum wage is 6.55 an hour. Meaning McDonalds pay check would only be 524.00 BEFORE taxes.

PSS
Yes when people see Infiniti they think money because they are not for middle class at all. The G37 is the cheapest car they sell. Try getting a new FX or QX.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 04-12-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 AM
iLlmAtIc21390

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
You cannot afford a new G37 working some crappy job, unless you live at home with your parents and have no other bills. Maybe you could make 10 dollars and hour and afford your car payment. That is only 800 a month (full time) BEFORE taxes. You may barely be able to afford your car payment (that you could not have gotten without your parents credit). But there is no chance you can afford your own insurance, gas, or money for pretty much anything.

I only make about 70k a year and even I cannot afford a 700 a month car payment. Try buying a house, paying for college, paying utilities, supporting yourself, paying your own insurance, and throw a kid in for good measure. Then try saying it is cake to buy a G37.

You are lucky to have what you have, but you still need to grow up.

PS
10 dollars an hour was being generous. The federal minimum wage is 6.55 an hour. Meaning McDonalds pay check would only be 524.00 BEFORE taxes.

PSS
Yes when people see Infiniti they think money because they are not for middle class at all. The G37 is the cheapest car they sell. Try getting a new FX or QX.
Well I don't have any other financial responsibilities. I only pay for gas, maintenance, insurance, and soon to be no more car payment since it will be paid off. I was not making a point to a person with a family and everything. I'm talking about people on this forum like me that have no other bills to worry about and any other things. I don't understand why people complain. People complain about house payments, having a kid, etc etc. I'm not talking about you in general. I'm just saying that if people have so many complaints why do they make these decisions in the first place? People that can't afford a house and complain about it or have a kid shouldn't complain about it. Growing up is learning to do things on your own and become responsible and independent. Putting yourself in debt, complaining about it, and then saying you been through alot is not called growing up.

Last edited by iLlmAtIc21390; 04-12-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:33 PM
DarkG37

Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
Well I don't have any other financial responsibilities. I only pay for gas, maintenance, insurance, and soon to be no more car payment since it will be paid off. I was not making a point to a person with a family and everything. I'm talking about people on this forum like me that have no other bills to worry about and any other things. I don't understand why people complain. People complain about house payments, having a kid, etc etc. I'm not talking about you in general. I'm just saying that if people have so many complaints why do they make these decisions in the first place? People that can't afford a house and complain about it or have a kid shouldn't complain about it. Growing up is learning to do things on your own and become responsible and independent. Putting yourself in debt, complaining about it, and then saying you been through alot is not called growing up.
iLmAtIc

You have to consider the fact that some people make the decision to move out, or have a kid because that is what they consider as growing up and becoming responsible and independent. No more having the 'rents covering the necessities like food and shelter, utilities, insurance, health costs etc...

It's great that you have your car at your age and we can all agree that we like the G. The people you are talking about are not "complaining" about putting themselves in debt or making the wrong choices. They did what I would consider growing up.

I'm 26, and bought my G when i was 25. Before this I drove a Mazda 3, which i also paid for by myself, and before that a Toyota Echo... (blech what a car, but it was great on gas!). I moved out of the house at 18 and put myself through University, so I understand where people are coming from saying it takes time to save up to pay for this car (or afford the monthly payments). I would have wanted the G earlier but it took time to save up. A downpayment on a house isn't cheap and that was far more important when I was younger.

IMHO I think that moving out from under the shelter and safety of the parents is one of the most responsible things a person can do.

Not trying to rag on you. Just trying to make you see where people are coming from and to see why some are taking offence to some of those comments.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:55 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm 26 and bought my G coupe back in mid-december. I agree that you have to be at a certain station in life in order to afford this car (when you have OTHER expenses) such as rent/mortgage payment (and I'm a medical provider who rents an apartment because my current job isn't where I plan on living, so no need in buying a house), student loans (which I pay $1750 a month on due to grad school), common "bills", insurance, etc. If you're a younger guy/girl and can make the car payment if you don't have any other expenses then props to you. Most people who are going to buy an Infiniti are a little older than a teenager, which means they likely don't live at home and have the other aforementioned "expenses".

In the end, we're all part of the G coupe family.....regardless of how we got there.

Quick Reply: How old were you when you first got the coupe?