G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How old were you when you first got the coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 AM
08g37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow this the dumbest thread so far about 16 17 years old and even older bragging about how ther parents bought them a car lmaooooo
Old 03-23-2009, 01:00 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aliiin
wow so much hate on the young ones... If your head is a little thick... Then i'll lay out it simply... Some of us "kids" are fortunate enough to have parents that are able to afford us things that we do not necessarily need. All our parents have different backgrounds and can afford different things for their kids. I am one of those fortunate people that have my parents pay for my car. I really appreciate them and love them for it, although they didn't have to do it. Spoiled is an attitude... Not a generalization. So what if a 16 year old kid owns a g37s and you're a doctor with the same car? If they don't appreciate it and are spoiled, that's different. But please don't hate and don't judge me.
thannnnnnnnnnnk yoooooooooouuuuuu! Lol :d
Old 03-23-2009, 01:53 AM
dimapassionz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i completey agree with aliiin, im soon to be 19, and am hoping to get a g37 in the summer. while many will think that i am spoiled, there is plenty that people dont know and are quick to judge. for example, my mother, the majority earner of my household, due to cancer that she beat has doctors appointments 3 time a week that are an hour commute, and I end up driving her when I am available so that she doesnt take the train. I also always earned money needed for additional expenses such as trips with my friends, hanging out, eating out (food not girls), and etc. although my parents have more than enough money to support these expenses, and my full tuition, I still never asked for money. For the record, between student loans, and academic merit, I am fully responsible for my tuition and room and board, which totals to ~18,600. I helped my dad petition to have his masters degree transfer from russia to america, so that he can find a decent job here. I think it is not too much to ask for a nice car, considering they know that i am obsessed with cars, and that it would not strain their budget. yes, plenty of kids go around flaunting their parents money like its theirs with no appreciation, but plenty of people are different. Ageism is still discrimination, same as racism and sexism.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
FFAZACH

16- 06 Mustang GT
18- 08 G37
My dad bought me both these cars cuz when he was my age his dad (my grampa) bought him Porsches and corvette but he cant afford those for me so he gets me these instead and im grateful.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
joey_v

Originally Posted by dimapassionz
i completey agree with aliiin, im soon to be 19, and am hoping to get a g37 in the summer. while many will think that i am spoiled, there is plenty that people dont know and are quick to judge. for example, my mother, the majority earner of my household, due to cancer that she beat has doctors appointments 3 time a week that are an hour commute, and I end up driving her when I am available so that she doesnt take the train. I also always earned money needed for additional expenses such as trips with my friends, hanging out, eating out (food not girls), and etc. although my parents have more than enough money to support these expenses, and my full tuition, I still never asked for money. For the record, between student loans, and academic merit, I am fully responsible for my tuition and room and board, which totals to ~18,600. I helped my dad petition to have his masters degree transfer from russia to america, so that he can find a decent job here. I think it is not too much to ask for a nice car, considering they know that i am obsessed with cars, and that it would not strain their budget. yes, plenty of kids go around flaunting their parents money like its theirs with no appreciation, but plenty of people are different. Ageism is still discrimination, same as racism and sexism.
Though I haven't read the entire thread and every minutia, I doubt it's ageism or however you're calling it.

I think that people have 2 ways to go about buying the G37 (or any other car for that matter), they can buy it early or later. Those who buy later could've as easily bought it earlier (in methods such as has been listen by aliiiin - by having other needs met by parents or other means and "working for the car"). Those who buy later generally do so by delaying satisfaction and investing in other things first, then car second (i.e. going to med school and finishing prior to acquiring the G).

In any case, those who buy later will seem a bit bitter that they waited and those who buy earlier will tend to feel the heat. I doubt it's ageism, I could care less if a 16 year old kid drove my car - it's his money. I think it's just two views on financial responsibility not seeing eye to eye.

You can argue that kids who buy these type of cars ($40K) have every right to do so considering the varied circumstances, but I still don't see how wise it is do so considering we Americans have a ways to learn self-control and how we mistakenly live for the now.

The major flaw of our society today - and the root of all our issues is the irresponsibility of our people. Big businesses prey on the people, the government allows them to do so, and the people are too misinformed to do otherwise... believing that we have the right to immediate gratification, immediate contentment, the now vs the later, and the mistaken right to having deserve it all - all while paying the least amount of money to get it.

And before you hit back, know that I'm just like everyone else. I bought the G37 as a M.D. resident, but I bought my G35 as a student with the same justification as every other younger owner has spouted out on this thread - I believed I deserved it, I was paying for college through my own loans, my parents barely helped me, and I had enough left over from work to barely make ends meet with a $400/mo car mortgage.

I've been there and done that and I can see the views from both sides.

It's not ageism, it's a question of financial responsibility.

I could pay for an R8 right now, but the question is.... would I do so in good conscience and would it correlate with a good financial plan?
Old 03-24-2009, 07:23 PM
SilverRSXJezus

Originally Posted by joey_v
Though I haven't read the entire thread and every minutia, I doubt it's ageism or however you're calling it.

I think that people have 2 ways to go about buying the G37 (or any other car for that matter), they can buy it early or later. Those who buy later could've as easily bought it earlier (in methods such as has been listen by aliiiin - by having other needs met by parents or other means and "working for the car"). Those who buy later generally do so by delaying satisfaction and investing in other things first, then car second (i.e. going to med school and finishing prior to acquiring the G).

In any case, those who buy later will seem a bit bitter that they waited and those who buy earlier will tend to feel the heat. I doubt it's ageism, I could care less if a 16 year old kid drove my car - it's his money. I think it's just two views on financial responsibility not seeing eye to eye.

You can argue that kids who buy these type of cars ($40K) have every right to do so considering the varied circumstances, but I still don't see how wise it is do so considering we Americans have a ways to learn self-control and how we mistakenly live for the now.

The major flaw of our society today - and the root of all our issues is the irresponsibility of our people. Big businesses prey on the people, the government allows them to do so, and the people are too misinformed to do otherwise... believing that we have the right to immediate gratification, immediate contentment, the now vs the later, and the mistaken right to having deserve it all - all while paying the least amount of money to get it.

And before you hit back, know that I'm just like everyone else. I bought the G37 as a M.D. resident, but I bought my G35 as a student with the same justification as every other younger owner has spouted out on this thread - I believed I deserved it, I was paying for college through my own loans, my parents barely helped me, and I had enough left over from work to barely make ends meet with a $400/mo car mortgage.

I've been there and done that and I can see the views from both sides.

It's not ageism, it's a question of financial responsibility.

I could pay for an R8 right now, but the question is.... would I do so in good conscience and would it correlate with a good financial plan?

Pretty much agreed.

The issue at hand with many of the younger generation in the U.S. is the sense of entitlement, basically. Our generation for the most part has been raised to be able to get whatever we want whenever we want, and aren't exposed to the values/virtues that go into earning what you receive.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
dimapassionz

i agree that many americans have trouble with their financial priorities, and that especially goes for people in younger age groups. but all i saying is that if u deserve it and can afford it without making other financial sacrifices, why not? just because you will be judged?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
SilverRSXJezus

Originally Posted by dimapassionz
i agree that many americans have trouble with their financial priorities, and that especially goes for people in younger age groups. but all i saying is that if u deserve it and can afford it without making other financial sacrifices, why not? just because you will be judged?

"deserving it" is subjective, I suppose.

And no, families are entitled to do whatever they want with their money. I think the idea is to just ensure that the kid doesn't get a sense of entitlement and be humbled with what they have.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 PM
MarkM

There's some crazy stuff out there... a girl at my school has an E92 M3 convertible, I know an 18 year old with a Carrera Convertible and a 335, a 16 year old with a 911 Turbo, and 18 year old with a C63. Not to mention an abundance of 335's. Crazy.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 AM
adam

I am 18 just got the 08 g37s. I hope my parents can make some of the payments for me so i can pay it off sooner but so far my dad gave me $20 bucks gas.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im 16 and i got mine as my first car
Old 04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
iinviktus

Oh yea? Well I'm 10-teen-and-a-half and I have 3 G37S. Each of my parents bought me one and my step dad bought me one, too.

Go me!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
mcp202

I got my G37 @ 26
Old 04-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Rodzilla

Originally Posted by iinviktus
Oh yea? Well I'm 10-teen-and-a-half and I have 3 G37S. Each of my parents bought me one and my step dad bought me one, too.

Go me!
Hahahahaha....
Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Samantha@Amplified

i got my g35 coupe when i was 18 then i twin turboed it when i was 20.. then i bought the g37s when i was 21..

great car - no regrets!

Quick Reply: How old were you when you first got the coupe?