G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How old were you when you first got the coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
@20.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:59 AM
techflavor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goadee
That's very nice for you; many of us have earned a certain degree of success through hard work and diligence just as you have described here, but I can't help think that the resume of accomplishments you provided us has a defensive tone to it.

By the way, where do you live that you can buy, own and register a car at the age of 15 without the help of an adult?
Yea, I guess there was a bit of a defensive tone to it seeing that people always tend to bash on younger people with expensive cars, etc. -- always got to try to say that "mommy and daddy must have bought that for you."

And I apologize if I sounded rude or arrogant.

And I live in Louisiana... oh and maybe not entirely without the help of my parents--until I was 18 they at least had to hold the title/registration in their name since Louisiana has a minimum age requirement of 18. I've just never asked for them to pay for anything... I would rather earn it myself.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 PM
G37Salvador

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm. this thread is most likely going to turn into an argument...
but yea i pay for everything too. its just im in a high paying job and im a full time student and everything works togather!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:50 PM
SL1CKZ

wow theres alot of 19 year old G37S owners. I am one myself Turning 20 in 2 weeks. Anyhoo 19-21 is a popular age for the G, hands down. I'd still have it as a everyday when I get older, the G is a beauty, no question.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
29 when I got the G35C
Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
avop718

im 17 and the g37s was my first car....i love it
Old 03-22-2009, 07:38 PM
alexpavlidisxx

i was 18 when i got mine

i was 18 =D graduation present
Old 03-22-2009, 08:04 PM
urneighborhood

i got my g37s when i was 18..now i am 19 and driving an evo x
Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 PM
AndrewDDS

Thank God kids in Ohio can't afford a $45k car!! I couldn't begin to drop that kind of money on my G until now, and I'm a doctor who just turned 28. I have no clue what you 17 and 18 year old kids do to make that kind of money, but I'd be pissed of I saw some high school kid driving the same car that took me eight years of college to obtain.

As long as high school kids in Ohio are still driving G6s, Cobalts, Civics and Eclipses, I'll be happy as a clam with my G37S!
Old 03-23-2009, 12:29 AM
joey_v

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
Thank God kids in Ohio can't afford a $45k car!! I couldn't begin to drop that kind of money on my G until now, and I'm a doctor who just turned 28. I have no clue what you 17 and 18 year old kids do to make that kind of money, but I'd be pissed of I saw some high school kid driving the same car that took me eight years of college to obtain.

As long as high school kids in Ohio are still driving G6s, Cobalts, Civics and Eclipses, I'll be happy as a clam with my G37S!
Tell me about it. I'm also a doctor with my sweet BO G37S Coupe! I am a first year resident (going into 2nd) and I'm reeeal lucky to be driving this car. I came from a G35C that I got when I was 24.

It's odd that young kids drive this car - but I'm sure that won't be the case when I pick up the R8 or something similar in 3 years.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:33 AM
joey_v

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
...I'd be pissed of I saw some high school kid driving the same car that took me eight years of college to obtain.

It's not a race my friend.... btw, when we get Astons, R8s, Maseratis, 911s... there will be much fewer of the high school crowd in those cars.

I'm just counting the days till I finish residency.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:33 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
wow so much hate on the young ones... if your head is a little thick... then i'll lay out it simply... some of us "kids" are fortunate enough to have parents that are able to afford us things that we do not necessarily need. all our parents have different backgrounds and can afford different things for their kids. i am one of those fortunate people that have my parents pay for my car. i really appreciate them and love them for it, although they didn't have to do it. spoiled is an attitude... not a generalization. so what if a 16 year old kid owns a g37s and you're a doctor with the same car? if they don't appreciate it and are spoiled, that's different. but please don't hate and don't judge me.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:36 AM
joey_v

Originally Posted by aliiin
wow so much hate on the young ones... if your head is a little thick... then i'll lay out it simply... some of us "kids" are fortunate enough to have parents that are able to afford us things that we do not necessarily need. all our parents have different backgrounds and can afford different things for their kids. i am one of those fortunate people that have my parents pay for my car. i really appreciate them and love them for it, although they didn't have to do it. spoiled is an attitude... not a generalization. so what if a 16 year old kid owns a g37s and you're a doctor with the same car? if they don't appreciate it and are spoiled, that's different. but please don't hate.
I agree... there are some Dubai kids with real supercars, not our run of the mill G37s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7DVe...eature=related

No way can I ever buy a Porsche GT and these kids have 'em.

More power to them! Makes the world a lot more hilarious!!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Rodzilla

22 years old, got it used. No way in hell I'd be spending $40K+ on a car at this age.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:39 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got my car when i was 17, a year ago. If you guys think about it, if a 17-18 year old pays for his car it wouldent mean anything that he is spoiled or rich. You have to remeber they have no overhead bills, you can work a part time job and pay off the lease. Basically working for a car payment, but hey its worth it =) Oh yeah just hope that your parents pay for insurance.

And thats if your working part time. And your other job is being in school.

In my boat I dont pay for my car, but I honestly pay for everything else. Gas, anything I put toward the car. What ever I do during the week/weekend. ETC. Which every month is more then my lease.

So dont feel that upset all you doctors. Once those 10-12 year college loans are paid off, then youll pass us in the r8's/ gt-r's =)

That video doesnt even prove that they where young kids. But they def know how to drift. I gues not worrying about repairs+tickets you can play without thinking about the negatives

Quick Reply: How old were you when you first got the coupe?