G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Drunk drivers suck

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:47 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 on no way was he going 40-50, I got smashed im my grandparents SRX by a woman going 20, and it did more damage to my car than there is too yours.

Good luck!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 PM
MrMichael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 words:

Get A Lawyer
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
cr0mster

Originally Posted by MrMichael
3 words:

Get A Lawyer
3 more words

I plan to

Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 PM
cr0mster

Originally Posted by TomG37
+1 on no way was he going 40-50, I got smashed im my grandparents SRX by a woman going 20, and it did more damage to my car than there is too yours.

Good luck!
Yeah the more pics I see the more I think the cop was wrong about the speed. No big deal though. Either way my car is jacked up and I am going to have to deal with a bad carfax record and a car that odds are will never be the same again.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Gday
Banned

Originally Posted by cr0mster
Yeah the more pics I see the more I think the cop was wrong about the speed. No big deal though. Either way my car is jacked up and I am going to have to deal with a bad carfax record and a car that odds are will never be the same again.
Thats sucks man. Especially at only 6 month old. I remember getting clipped by a man driving a big azz truck when my car was barely 3 months old. It was at a 7/11 parking lot and I was pissed because he took off as I exited the 7/11.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:17 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by soldier9599
He couldn't have possibly been going as fast as you say. That other picture of a G definitely looks much more like 40-50 mph crash. I was once in an accident where we were going about 50 and someone pulled out in front of us and we hit them at about 50 (brakes did nothing going downhill in the rain) and the entire front end was annihilated (half of it was in the street, the other half had taken the place of the center console, and the torn in half hood replaced the windshield) and the car was so contorted I had to repeatedly kick the door to knock it off to get out. Another accident I got into I was going probably about 20 and this guy going about 5-10 mph faster than me passed me in the right lane and tried to turn left in front of me from the right lane and I hit him. The glancing blow from that left almost as much damage as your car has.

Regardless, I could see myself getting all flustered about a little scratch on my G, and the damage you got would have me furious. Good luck with insurance--it can get annoying as hell sometimes (especially when the ****er that hit you drives away).
Wouldn't the type of vehicle that hit him matter?
I'd rather get rear ended by a small sedan at 45-50 mph than a full size truck or SUV.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Andrem

Hey, I am very sorry to hear about your loss, I am very pleased to hear that you're not hurt. It happens to the best of us. I personally hate drunk drivers also. My best wishes for you bro.

-Andre
Old 07-25-2008, 07:01 PM
cr0mster

Well we got the estimate. They are saying at least $12,000 in damages and that it will take about 2 months to get it all repaired due to parts being harder to obtain for a newer car. They said there is slight bending of the frame but that it should be repairable. I now have to go after his insurance for diminished value.

I still am not sure how fast dude was going but the body shop guy said for the amount of damage that was done he had to be going pretty damn fast. He said the amount of mangled metal on the rear side was "impressive".
Old 07-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Gday
Banned

12 grand? God damn. Did you get a 2nd opinion? Good thing the other guy is paying for it right? If it's a 12 grand repair, cant you just ask the insurance to total it?

My previous car was re-ended by a Toyota 4runner. Dude was going 50+. Since my car was low, his was high, he only smashed my trunk, shattered my rear window and slightly damaged the rear quarter panel.

Total cost of repair for a new trunk, body repair and new paint all over. Less than 6 grand.

--------------------

But yeah, frame damage SUCKS... I would get a new car.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 PM
cr0mster

Originally Posted by Gday
12 grand? God damn. Did you get a 2nd opinion? Good thing the other guy is paying for it right? If it's a 12 grand repair, cant you just ask the insurance to total it?

My previous car was re-ended by a Toyota 4runner. Dude was going 50+. Since my car was low, his was high, he only smashed my trunk, shattered my rear window and slightly damaged the rear quarter panel.

Total cost of repair for a new trunk, body repair and new paint all over. Less than 6 grand.

--------------------

But yeah, frame damage SUCKS... I would get a new car.
His insurance is paying for it all. I tried asking for them to total it but they won't since it isn't 51% if the cars total value.

The other kicker is that they expect the cost to possibly go even higher once they get it all taken apart. They said that they had to use the frame puller just to get all the smashed metal apart so they could do the estimate. They also said if any of the parts are out of stock I could be out of my car for 3 months.

I hope he ends up sitting in jail for this.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:42 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You can negotiate with them and make sure they understand the rental fees for 3 months of will add up...

My Maxima went through the same thing and when it was fixed it was way over totaling... so try try try to get out of driving a Wrecked car the rest of the time you have it...
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 PM

Frame damage? I'd demand they total it. I don't care if it's "repairable" I will NEVER own a car that has had frame damage. Get a lawyer for sure and take every asset that guy has, if he doesn't have assets get a cut of his paycheck every week. Demand that they give you a new, undamaged car.

$40,000 car - $12,000 in damages - $8,000 diminished value, - $1500 rental car fees, is 51% of the value of the car. That's not including your medical bills, lost wages, and time. Which depending on your income level could seriously add up to more than he is insured for. Get a lawyer and get what YOU want. You didn't ask for some dumbass drunk to rear end you and destroy your brand new car so I don't think you should accept a "fixed" car.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 PM
mrgoonie

glad to see you're ok

sorry bout the car... but it's nice to see that it'll keep you safe..

Drunk drivers = Fail

I don't drink at all.. I'm the permanent DD ... and i see people all the time that shouldn't be near a car after the night...

Hope you get to feeling better.. and take that jerk to the cleaners
Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Sunny81

Originally Posted by mrgoonie

Hope you get to feeling better.. and take that jerk to the cleaners
2x Seriously. That idiot should have to pay more than an increase in his insurance premium.

btw, Where in Saint Louis are you located goonie.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:00 PM
erock

Originally Posted by Gday
You sure dude was going 30-45 mph?

This "looks" more like a 40 mph crash

That was my baby...

Glad to hear you guys are ok, fortunately, I wasn't in my car when it happened to me. G'luck w/ everything, I'm still going through the process....

Quick Reply: Drunk drivers suck