Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow, seriously.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Infiniti G35 was ranked in the top 3 cars for safety in crashes (less people die in these cars each year than other cars besides number 1 and 2). Looks like that trend continues. Something that BMW cannot brag about.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Gday
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You sure dude was going 30-45 mph?

This "looks" more like a 40 mph crash

Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 AM
cr0mster

Originally Posted by Gday

Was going off what the cop said. He didn't hit us dead on like that car appears to have been hit and that looks alot faster to me. Then again I am not an expert. I just know my back is killing me following the accident.

Last edited by cr0mster; 07-21-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Gday
Banned

Most Japanese Cars have front and rear crumple zone... The above pic shows how it "crumples" upon high speed impact...
Old 07-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Achilles

Drunk Drivers = Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fracking Losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:39 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Glad you did not get hurt! But that looks repairable! I work at a Body shop, and this Month was a bad month for G sedans over here! We got One that lost control and side swiped the curb, and hit some other stuff. And we got 2 rear end jobs like yours! One was about the same as yours, had to change one side frame rail end, and the Floor. along with a new Qtr panel, exhaust etc....total cost just for that car was about 14G's! and we just got another one that is way worse than the car that came in and yours. and that one has to change both side Frame rail ends, floor, both rear Qtr Panels. and Exahust...etc..alot of stuff! that one will be more thatn 18-19G's i say! and this car was an 08 with only 5000Mi on it! Made me cringe seeing that! But yea your car can be fixed!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:40 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Glad you did not get hurt! But that looks repairable! I work at a Body shop, and this Month was a bad month for G sedans over here! We got One that lost control and side swiped the curb, and hit some other stuff. And we got 2 rear end jobs like yours! One was about the same as yours, had to change one side frame rail end, and the Floor. along with a new Qtr panel, exhaust etc....total cost just for that car was about 14G's! and we just got another one that is way worse than the car that came in and yours. and that one has to change both side Frame rail ends, floor, both rear Qtr Panels. and Exahust...etc..alot of stuff! that one will be more thatn 18-19G's i say! and this car was an 08 with only 5000Mi on it! Made me cringe seeing that! But yea your car can be fixed!
but now it's carfax tainted... is there frame dmg?
Old 07-21-2008, 03:10 AM
Sunny81

Originally Posted by 808MIKE

First off, glad to hear you're OK. Hopefully you're back isn't anything too bad.
There should be a real zero tolerance for drunk driving. Do it once and have your license revoked for life I say. If you're stupid and irresponsible to the point of putting other people at danger intentionally, you don't deserve a license.

Now, about your car. Anytime a car gets in an accident it's never the same. You can repair it and have it look gleaming but things will show up that wouldn't have happened if it wasn't in a wreck. I would try whatever I could to declare it a total loss. If you can get the estimate to be 70% or greater of the sale price of your car, they have to declare it a loss.

I had someone slam right in between my front and rear passenger doors on my old 4runner then had it fixed right up. Looked like new. Never had any problems before the accident, was only a three year old Toyota. A few months later, all kinds of lines started to leak around my wheels, random rattles no mechanic could figure out, and the wheels went out of balance and never stayed fixed. Also, the insurance company always tries to short cut all the repairs.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:23 PM
cr0mster

Originally Posted by Sunny81
First off, glad to hear you're OK. Hopefully you're back isn't anything too bad.
There should be a real zero tolerance for drunk driving. Do it once and have your license revoked for life I say. If you're stupid and irresponsible to the point of putting other people at danger intentionally, you don't deserve a license.

Now, about your car. Anytime a car gets in an accident it's never the same. You can repair it and have it look gleaming but things will show up that wouldn't have happened if it wasn't in a wreck. I would try whatever I could to declare it a total loss. If you can get the estimate to be 70% or greater of the sale price of your car, they have to declare it a loss.

I had someone slam right in between my front and rear passenger doors on my old 4runner then had it fixed right up. Looked like new. Never had any problems before the accident, was only a three year old Toyota. A few months later, all kinds of lines started to leak around my wheels, random rattles no mechanic could figure out, and the wheels went out of balance and never stayed fixed. Also, the insurance company always tries to short cut all the repairs.

I took a 3 thousand dollar bath on my Evo thanks to frame dmg being listed on my carfax. I am worried this will happen again. I spoke with my insurance and they said I can go after this idiots insurance company to get the depreciation value paid to me. They also said if the rear frame that is before the back seats is bent then odds are it will be declared a total.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:34 PM
MoDat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Seriously man. I'm glad your OK

Sorry about the car, but, it can always be replaced
Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM
gan78mao

damnn this sux!
means top secret rear bumper!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:18 PM
teedough

Originally Posted by Gday

at least his S badge is still intact
Old 07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by teedough
at least his S badge is still intact
lol
Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
soldier9599
Registered Member

He couldn't have possibly been going as fast as you say. That other picture of a G definitely looks much more like 40-50 mph crash. I was once in an accident where we were going about 50 and someone pulled out in front of us and we hit them at about 50 (brakes did nothing going downhill in the rain) and the entire front end was annihilated (half of it was in the street, the other half had taken the place of the center console, and the torn in half hood replaced the windshield) and the car was so contorted I had to repeatedly kick the door to knock it off to get out. Another accident I got into I was going probably about 20 and this guy going about 5-10 mph faster than me passed me in the right lane and tried to turn left in front of me from the right lane and I hit him. The glancing blow from that left almost as much damage as your car has.

Regardless, I could see myself getting all flustered about a little scratch on my G, and the damage you got would have me furious. Good luck with insurance--it can get annoying as hell sometimes (especially when the ****er that hit you drives away).

Last edited by soldier9599; 07-21-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Drunk drivers suck