Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37S heat issues within the cabin?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:34 PM
heff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Mine is so damn hot every day but I am in FL. What pisses me off the most is, what feels like and eternity, for the air to turn on.
really? i am super happy with the way ac kicks in! although im in canada and its generally high 20's low 30's but even then its scorchin (OB and black leather) but give it 20-30 secs TOPS and the front and back of the cabin are nice and cold!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 PM
EHUnlucky7x9

Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
I'm pretty sure he means he feels a "HEAT WAVE" coming through from somewhere near waist and below....
Your right... it's a "heatwave." Ok, I just took the 30 mile drive home this evening with the windows down and the sunroof open. The temperature outside was 80 degrees. This is what I found.

When I was making a left turn onto Rt. 9 from a standstill... I felt the heat enter the windows and hit my face. Most likely the heat emitting from the wheel area. Driving straight, I can feel the cool air try to come in, but barely does. It DEFINITELY doesn't circulated from the waist down. All that heat remains there. As a previous poster stated, any papers on the floor...remain on the floor with no movement whatsoever.

Found two solutions to get rid of the heat. One way gets rid of it all and the other gets rid of some of it.

The first one was to turn the A/C on to just one bar and the mode changed to the feet area.

The second way was to have the vents open. Some of the hot air went away. Those are the only two I found to get rid of the heat. I was glad to make the 30 mile trip w/o having sweaty feet It'll keep me from having to buy a new pair of sneakers every other week. hahah

BTW, I saw a IP G37 entering a Mobile gas station on Rt. 9 in Freehold...that's a very nice looking color. I shoulda stopped and asked him/her if they experience the same problem inside their cabin area. LoL...if it happened to be a member here... would ya'll been freaked out?
Old 07-19-2008, 01:41 AM
sorphin

Originally Posted by Gday
manual mode, ac off, every time i hit recirculate, the ac turns on automatically. i just want to recirculate the air w/o having the ac on when driving in stanky areas.
You do realize that the A/C is just drying out the air, you can turn the temperature up w/ the A/C on, it's not just for cold.. the defrosters use the A/C too, to get rid of the moisture.. just saying.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:35 AM
LudwigB

The 03-06 model has similar problem, including my 06 G35 sedan. I only notice if I park my car outside of a hot day or during some hard acceleration. I don't really notice it in morning driving. I think the hot air comes from the lower leg air vent right under the steering column.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:39 AM
J.Oh

i feel heat when the car has been on for a while but only while stopped its bad. the heat is by my feet but when the ac is on it goes away just like all the other heat in the car. but even if the ac was on and i turn it off with all the windows closed the heat in the lower area near my feet will return and get scorching. im pretty sure its something that has to do with the engine but if anyone else gets this let me know so i can get it fixed by the dealership or something

edit - im an AT dont know if there is any correlation but who knows.

this heat is really weird never felt it in any car before this one its an awkward kind of heat because the AC WAS on prior and no windows have been opened and no vents are open. its really weird.

Last edited by J.Oh; 07-19-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 PM
sorphin

I've noticed that when i ran some wires under the carpet behind the center console after the car had been running, it was extremely hot, and all that's under there is exhaust.. some pretty thick heatproofing padding under that carpet, probably all the heat is a combination of tranny heat and heat from the engine/exhaust radiating till the A/C overcomes it.

Originally Posted by homelessdrunk
i feel heat when the car has been on for a while but only while stopped its bad. the heat is by my feet but when the ac is on it goes away just like all the other heat in the car. but even if the ac was on and i turn it off with all the windows closed the heat in the lower area near my feet will return and get scorching. im pretty sure its something that has to do with the engine but if anyone else gets this let me know so i can get it fixed by the dealership or something

edit - im an AT dont know if there is any correlation but who knows.

this heat is really weird never felt it in any car before this one its an awkward kind of heat because the AC WAS on prior and no windows have been opened and no vents are open. its really weird.