G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Problems from G35, that were never fixed for the G37?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:36 AM
ice350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most of these issues were fixed on the 06 and 07 G35's. I sure don't recall hearing noises and uneven tire wear on my 06 G.
The Bose issue.....I wouldn't get a Bose. I've had several cars with Bose and only liked one. My old 96 Camaro RS had a killer Bose that was beautiful. The other cars, they were marginal sounding systems and impossible to upgrade...you would have to take the whole thing out. Get the base music system then it's easy to upgrade while maintaining the clean dash.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:09 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ice350
I think most of these issues were fixed on the 06 and 07 G35's. I sure don't recall hearing noises and uneven tire wear on my 06 G.
The Bose issue.....I wouldn't get a Bose. I've had several cars with Bose and only liked one. My old 96 Camaro RS had a killer Bose that was beautiful. The other cars, they were marginal sounding systems and impossible to upgrade...you would have to take the whole thing out. Get the base music system then it's easy to upgrade while maintaining the clean dash.
The 06/07 G's still had alot of those problems, and the oil burning issue is mostly the 05+ rev-ups.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:33 PM
lingtsui

Never owned a G35...the G37S is my first car.
But I have driven a G% loaner ...and I have to say the interior is much better but still needs improvement compared to my husband's TL.
My car has some rattling...and a dull rumbling noise coming from the front...when I am driving on bumpy road or going under 40mph.
And I am told that some of the loud noise I hear comes from the tires because the inner portion wears away quicker.
The leather does look like it may be wrinkling and looks veiny... I think its because the leather is very stiff even for a 5'4'' girl average weight... I think my *** has accelerated the wrinkling of the leather. So I condition it all the time.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Orbie

I owned an 03 G Coupe before the 37 and most of the points people have covered well here. Another thing that has just occured to myself and some of other owners here is when you raise or lower the window you'll hear a loud pop that you can actually feel through the door. Some people have had it fixed with a window regulator replacement, but to me it reminds me of the window motor burnout issues on the G35C.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the heads up. Bringing the car into the Novi dealership on Monday and show them this post.

Car is currently at 3500 miles. Put on 35% tint all around and no other complaints besides the occasional 'pinging' sound.

And thanks to the other poster who asked me to look at the gas lid again ... there is a place to hold gas cap! My bad!

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
simple/easy warranty fix...
fix is below as per infiniti service tech:

"Found noise from rear drive shafts at contact points to rear hubs. Removed drive shafts and cleaned and lubed splines. Reassembled drive shafts and re torqued nuts to 177 Ft Lbs as per service manual. Noise Gone."
Old 07-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Gday
Banned

Funny, but if you go to the g35 forum, all those issues don't exists. And the tire wear problem, they will till you, its a sports car, get over it.. The oil burning issue, they will tell you, its a sports car, your car isn't fast unless you burn oil. haha
Old 07-30-2008, 07:47 PM
TomG37

Originally Posted by Gday
Funny, but if you go to the g35 forum, all those issues don't exists. And the tire wear problem, they will till you, its a sports car, get over it.. The oil burning issue, they will tell you, its a sports car, your car isn't fast unless you burn oil. haha
I have over 4,000 posts on G35driver, and only some people have those stupid excuses for problems.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Gday
Banned

Originally Posted by TomG37
I have over 4,000 posts on G35driver, and only some people have those stupid excuses for problems.
well, when I drove the 06 G35, and registered at that site, I complained about the tire wear and all they did was say get over it, its a sports car.

Glad I don't drive the G35 nor visit that forum anymore.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 AM
SecondG

03 G35 coupe, loved it but... 3 sets of tires worn out on the inside inch. seatbelt retainer that wouldn't stay clicked up squeaking against the headrest right by my left ear. passenger seatbelt hanging and rattling against the right-side pillar. seat controls clumsy my new 08 seems to have none of these problems (we'll see on the tires)
Old 08-08-2008, 11:29 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

My g35 had major clutch pedal issues. First there was an annoying clicking, then the pedal stuck halfway to the floor a lot. The rear axle clicking had a recall, and the cd player had strange unfixable errors.

The g37 i have now doesnt seem to have any of these problems, so thats a good thing. The seatbelt buckle however is still very uncomfortable and i wish they changed it to be more ergonomic.

The SEATS i wished they reclined all the way. i mean the back doesnt really fit anyone anyways... so i dont see why the seat cant recline a full 180 degrees. all Lexus' do this.. the seat will start to squish the back seats.

Besides that, i love my car! (oh and it needs more power)
Old 08-09-2008, 01:02 AM
volnedan

From my experience:

1. Bose radio much improved, but not like a Bose system in an Escalade. They seem to keep the Infiniti systems a bit underwhelming :-(

2. Rattles - None so far, but only had the car 8 months and 13k miles.

3. Tire "feathering" - have not noticed so far.

4. Leather quality - Still some issues. I usually keep a smallish bi-fold wallet that holds my license, credit cards, and a few business cards in my right rear pocket, and it created a "dent" in my seat after a few months. Now I am not a very heavy guy (about 200lbs), and its not a Constanza-sized wallet. This issue to me is unacceptable on a car like this. But hey, as long as it doesn't tear the leather, I can deal with it.

5. Oil burning - none so far

6. 6MT transmission issues - not even in the same ballpark. The trans is leaps and bounds beyond the 1st generation. 1-2 shift is greatly improved, and its not as bulky when pushing it hard. I like it. A lot.

If the exterior does not wow you, just park your G35 next to a 37S in the same color and stare at it for awhile. Let it soak it from all angles. Trust me, it makes the older generations look dated.

Hope this helps. Now go get the d@mn thing!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 AM
yesongs

Originally Posted by volnedan
From my experience:

1. Bose radio much improved, but not like a Bose system in an Escalade. They seem to keep the Infiniti systems a bit underwhelming :-(
Agreed however it's nothing a 500/1 amp and a 12" won't fix

I'm very happy with the system after adding this

My buds a car collector and has about 15 cars so I've heard a lot of stock systems in high end rides - they are never right right out of the gate

His Audi A8 has the HK system that is supposedly the best but to me is still missing the bass a truck sub gives you

The G37 / Bose system out of the box is by no means perfect, however it is pretty much as good as any others I've heard

E
Old 10-31-2008, 10:32 PM
wiseman

Dont get the G37S. They have the oil consumption issue. Today I was told I need a new engine after only 20K miles.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:37 PM
TomG37

Originally Posted by wiseman
Dont get the G37S. They have the oil consumption issue. Today I was told I need a new engine after only 20K miles.
Why don't you make a thread to introduce yourself to the forum and explain the the problem in greater detail.

Did the car always burn oil? How much oil did it burn?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:37 PM
jinu123nyc

I just started getting the 5th gear grinding issue. This happens when I'm pushing a little harder than usual. It just doesn't slide into 5th that easily.

Should I bring it to the dealer?

Quick Reply: Problems from G35, that were never fixed for the G37?