Sponsored By:

BATs overlays installed, need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Blue_Batmobile
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
I have got the obaque Black oerlays for my black G37 I had some issues with them and was not able to install them. I contacted Bat via email. He called me the naxt day all the way up here in Edmonton Canada. I will say one thing for Bat he is one of the most stand up guys for his product. If you give him a chance and explain your situation he is more than willing to help a guy out. So before posting negitives about his product shoot him an email give him a few days, and see what he can do for you. I am not saying that the OP or anyone in this thread is saying negative things about his overlays. Just letting people know that Bat sells a good product and stands behind his work.

to the OP your overlays look very good. I would not remove them.
Thanks man. Thats what sets me apart from alot of vendors out there. When there is an issue, I dont like BSing via email. I wanna talk to the customer and do all I can to make things right . Your Overlays will be shipped this week bud .

Bat™
Old 06-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Blue_Batmobile

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
Dang i wish he would give me half off for the rear valance again. I was going to be the first one with this and take pics for him. Apparently it was shipped to me, but i never got it! Finally got the tracking # and correct shipping carrier from him... according to USPS it was delivered. Well, unless it was invisible i never saw it!

Would be nice to get some offer from Andy for half off another one if not just ship me another for cost price. Some type of customer service. I had planned to get so much BAT stuff but this experience and $45 wasted just turned me off Guess i'm the only one with a bad experience tho.

Gonna think twice bfr having $$ directly debited from bank account. At least with a credit card i could have refuted the charges.
I remember the issue. Shoot me an email bud .

Bat™
Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Blue_Batmobile

Originally Posted by hquach
is there another place or person I can buy overlays from? I really want these and have sent a few emails and messages the past week but bat has yet to respond. Is he on vacation or something?
Checking pms now . I wish I could be here more than I am, life's hectiv nowadays with 2 young kids, fand a fulltime teaching job. Pimping Vinyl is just a side gig thats also become a fulltime job! Did I reply to your email yet? I get 120 a day, so I try to answer emails within a day or so.

Bat™
Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 AM
NJKSC27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok this is the final decision for me...no overlays for me

im a perfectionist and that would drive me crazy
Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Blue_Batmobile

I have an installer in Jersey .

Bat™
Old 06-03-2008, 10:16 AM
NJKSC27

Originally Posted by Blue_Batmobile

Bat™
really!!??

cause everyone i called so far is scared to do them
Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Taktix1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue_Batmobile

Bat™
If only you had an installer in MD/VA/DC! haha. BAT, I appreciate your professionalism and your offer for a discounted set. I think I am going to attempt a different route and actually paint/tint the lights. I am going into my local shop to see examples and if I like it I'm going to give it a shot. If I dont like it, I'll def get in contact with you to get another set and try again with a different installer. As NJKSC27 said, I'm a perfectionist also and these little things really eat at me. Thank you for chiming in on this thread as it solved a lot of other ppls issues also.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Stanced370Z

That's good to hear. Glad you're resolving everything. By any chance do u have any installers in the Miami area?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 PM
ice350

I understand that feeling when it isn't done perfect. It gnaws at you. I put overlays on my G35, got the headlights and left tail done perfectly. The right tail was not perfect so I snatched off the left. At least I knew I could do it myself. Just need patience and more patience.
If you can't do it yourself, I don't see why it would be hard to find someone. ANy good window tinter should be able to do the install.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Taktix1

i think im going the spray tiniting route but my shop said they might not be able to mask off the circles for the headlights and that i should tint the whole light. what do you guys think?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:30 PM
wrathletik1

I'm very uptight with my belongings, and the slightest imperfections also set me off and bug me to no end so I know how you feel. However, this is just the nature with vinyl and it's very hard to get perfect. I've seen some really clean installs, but I've seen WAY more ugly jobs. Also, you can't really ask us to judge the job based on pictures alone, it's something where we would have to see it in person. Nonetheless, based on the pics you posted it, the tails look passable and not too bad. The headlights should be changed.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Taktix1

I agree pictures only say so much. Personally I think it looks worse in person theres more small things that pictures dont show well. For instance if you look at the tails, at the bottom, the vinyl overlaps so it creates a darker strip.

My shop said they would tint the lights for me. However, they said it might be too hard to tape off the circular portion of the lights (to get the GTR look) and they said i should tint the whole light. Has anyone done this? anyone have any pics? It would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Taktix1

UPDATE: I am going to black out the housing of my headlights and tint the tails. Have an appointment for June 21st cause FunctionTuned is all booked up until then. For the housing, would you guys do a matte, gloss, or a semi gloss?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:10 PM
yesongs

I think I'm going to go with these but need to ask - I have a clear bra and the headlights were "coated" as well.

They are perfect as far as fit, so I'm hoping these can be dropped right over them.

Thoughts?

E
Old 06-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by yesongs
I think I'm going to go with these but need to ask - I have a clear bra and the headlights were "coated" as well.

They are perfect as far as fit, so I'm hoping these can be dropped right over them.

Thoughts?

E
I also have my headlights covered by a clearbra. the overlays just went right over them.

Quick Reply: BATs overlays installed, need opinions!