G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

BATs overlays installed, need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:53 AM
UltimateGee27

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
for the price you paid fro those they look good.....i have some installed on my rear taillights and i love them. I know what u mean about the crease but what else are you gonna do with a VINYL OVERLAY that costs 45 bucks?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Taktix1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah you guys are making a lot of sense. It is true the overlays were all had for under $100 so I cant be too upset. I just remember looking at other members pictures and they looked so perfect but i guess thats cause no one posted shots up close haha. Now I'm kinda afraid to take them off and try again and have the 2nd set come out worse!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
he give you a half off on the second set. thats what he did for me when i messed up the first time. bro, yours look perfect, come look at mines, LOL. i half-assed on it and it looked terrible, its not that bad though.
Dang i wish he would give me half off for the rear valance again. I was going to be the first one with this and take pics for him. Apparently it was shipped to me, but i never got it! Finally got the tracking # and correct shipping carrier from him... according to USPS it was delivered. Well, unless it was invisible i never saw it!

Would be nice to get some offer from Andy for half off another one if not just ship me another for cost price. Some type of customer service. I had planned to get so much BAT stuff but this experience and $45 wasted just turned me off Guess i'm the only one with a bad experience tho.

Gonna think twice bfr having $$ directly debited from bank account. At least with a credit card i could have refuted the charges.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by Taktix1
yeah you guys are making a lot of sense. It is true the overlays were all had for under $100 so I cant be too upset. I just remember looking at other members pictures and they looked so perfect but i guess thats cause no one posted shots up close haha. Now I'm kinda afraid to take them off and try again and have the 2nd set come out worse!
I'm the kinda person who is a perfectionist... so i can see how this would bother you. I think for peace of mind, the headlights should just be painted. But the tail light overlays def look awesome, esp the GTR style.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
I'm the kinda person who is a perfectionist... so i can see how this would bother you. I think for peace of mind, the headlights should just be painted. But the tail light overlays def look awesome, esp the GTR style.
I def feel you on that. It's one of those things that may not be noticeable to anyone on the street but as long as it's noticeable to me it'll bother me. I'm just hoping that the positive comments in this thread along with some time will soften my view on it.

I kinda want BAT to chime in on this, cause in all fairness it could also be the installers fault. Although I know that the installer is a super meticulous guy and he always does a fantastic job on my tint. It really bothered him that it didnt all align/fit correctly so I was inclined to believe him that the cut of the vinyl was just off.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have got the obaque Black oerlays for my black G37 I had some issues with them and was not able to install them. I contacted Bat via email. He called me the naxt day all the way up here in Edmonton Canada. I will say one thing for Bat he is one of the most stand up guys for his product. If you give him a chance and explain your situation he is more than willing to help a guy out. So before posting negitives about his product shoot him an email give him a few days, and see what he can do for you. I am not saying that the OP or anyone in this thread is saying negative things about his overlays. Just letting people know that Bat sells a good product and stands behind his work.

to the OP your overlays look very good. I would not remove them.

Last edited by shumby; 06-02-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Ahujadaddy

^^ that's good to hear... i was shocked with my case. Cuz the reason why i was so trusting in the first place was because of all the good comments on here and g35driver.

I tried tho, maybe im doing something wrong or he doesnt believe me? Hope Andy does indeed chime in here...
Old 06-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by shumby
I have got the obaque Black oerlays for my black G37 I had some issues with them and was not able to install them. I contacted Bat via email. He called me the naxt day all the way up here in Edmonton Canada. I will say one thing for Bat he is one of the most stand up guys for his product. If you give him a chance and explain your situation he is more than willing to help a guy out. So before posting negitives about his product shoot him an email give him a few days, and see what he can do for you. I am not saying that the OP or anyone in this thread is saying negative things about his overlays. Just letting people know that Bat sells a good product and stands behind his work.

to the OP your overlays look very good. I would not remove them.
I totally agree with what you are saying. I'm not being negative towards BAT at all, but I do want his input. Like I said, it could be my installers fault so theres def no blaming going on. I think right now I'm trying to see if getting a 2nd pair and having someone else install them is worth it as it might turn out worse and id be wasting more installation money + a new set of overlays.

Also: I emailed BAT late yesterday along with a link to the thread so I'm sure he'll chime in when he gets a chance. He's probably hard working on his sweet Viper
Old 06-02-2008, 01:57 PM
msb3079

i could go eitehr way on the fronts... but the backs i definitely like - i have them on the back of my 35.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 PM
chain492

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf bat, do something about it! it looks really bad up close, how could this happeN?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by chain492
wtf bat, do something about it! it looks really bad up close, how could this happeN?
haha give him some time to respond
Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 AM
hquach

is there another place or person I can buy overlays from? I really want these and have sent a few emails and messages the past week but bat has yet to respond. Is he on vacation or something?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by hquach
is there another place or person I can buy overlays from? I really want these and have sent a few emails and messages the past week but bat has yet to respond. Is he on vacation or something?
I know hes a pretty busy guy but try to give a few more days. I emailed him yesterday so I hope he can get to this thread sometime and maybe he'll see your posts here also.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Blue_Batmobile
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Hi guys! ok, here's my take, in fact, I'll let my installer chime in as well once I let him know about this thread. We've done countless installs on g37's, I'd say about 20 to date, no fitment issues. Its really about how the overlay is applied. I see the gap on the edge of the taillight. It could have been stretched a tad more during install to go over the edge. Other than that, just by looking at your pics, it looks really good, and from reading the posts here, most people seem to agree . Again, the key to a good install is get it postioned right and working the overlay over the surface. Look at all the pics posted on the forum that look really good, my installer's done quite a few of those installs . I can do another set at discount to you . Email me your contact number if you'd like to speak to me in person .

Bat™
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Blue_Batmobile
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
^^ that's good to hear... i was shocked with my case. Cuz the reason why i was so trusting in the first place was because of all the good comments on here and g35driver.

I tried tho, maybe im doing something wrong or he doesnt believe me? Hope Andy does indeed chime in here...
Did we speak on the phone? PM your contact number to me .

Bat™

Quick Reply: BATs overlays installed, need opinions!