Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So far....So Bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:47 PM
MoDat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far....So Bad!!!!

Soo.... I took delivery of my g37 S 5at yesterday. Took it around town, drove great.

Today I wake up to do some errands and my car decides not to **** into third gear. It just started to shake and stall out. So I take it to the dealership and they tell me they have no idea what is wrong with it. They gave me a loaner car and told me they would call infiniti technical assistance and let me know when they find out. I am kind of pissed. They told me they cant give me a new car b/c they dont have the same color combo and options as the one i currently own. I am really content with the VR/Black interior and I dont want to change it up. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Should i just let them fix it or demand a new car?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2008, 12:56 PM
GiGGaplease

shoooo, if you can get a new car, get it! what makes a car a "lemon car"?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM
MoDat

I forgot to mention that the car only has 152 miles. It had 72 when I took delivery of it
Old 05-28-2008, 01:04 PM
gan78mao

so the ECU wouldnt let u shift in to 3rd?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:05 PM
MoDat

The transmission is a automatic. The car wouldnt shift into third. Around 3k rpm the needle would start to bounce and the car should just shake.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:09 PM
GiGGaplease

you better hope its a lemon, what new car would do that? i foresee many repairs in your future.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:15 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
yea lemon it and start fresh... im sure the next one will be better
Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is super weird
Old 05-28-2008, 01:25 PM
MoDat

So how do I go about lemoning it?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lemon??? You guys are nuts.
Let them find out what's wrong and fix it.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Keng

Lemon is safer way to go
Old 05-28-2008, 02:32 PM
MadLove

This is why I am now adamant that when I do settle on "the one", it will have no more than 5 miles on it. When someone test drives a car like the G37 (especially on a solo test drive, like I did) they are going to want to push the car aggressively. Between hard test drives and the way some of these dealer employees move these cars in the lot (I saw one jerk-off do a mini burn out and another do a fullt hrottle pull on the lot), any new car that is not "right off the truck" can be suspect. What about that all-important break-in period? Who knows how those 72 pre-existing miles were driven on your car bro.... hope it all works out for you.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by MoDat
Soo.... I took delivery of my g37 S 5at yesterday. Took it around town, drove great.

Today I wake up to do some errands and my car decides not to **** into third gear. It just started to shake and stall out. So I take it to the dealership and they tell me they have no idea what is wrong with it. They gave me a loaner car and told me they would call infiniti technical assistance and let me know when they find out. I am kind of pissed. They told me they cant give me a new car b/c they dont have the same color combo and options as the one i currently own. I am really content with the VR/Black interior and I dont want to change it up. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Should i just let them fix it or demand a new car?

Thanks
If you can get a new car, that would be best. I'd push for the new one. The "lemon" route would take too long and you'd have to have it break the same way two more times within a certain time frame.

Push for a new car. Get with your salesman and ask him what your option is in getting a new car, especially since it was a special order that they did not have. Be firm but not too much to be an a$$. Make sure to mention that you'd like to recommend him and the dealership to your friends that are looking but it's already started on a sour note.

Remember, it's not your dealerships fault. That falls on Infiniti. However, your dealership is your liaison between you and Infiniti. Work with them so that they can get you a new one. This is where you have to become the salesman. Repeat business, recommendations to your friends, etc. Let them know that you want to recommend them but you're having second thoughts because of this issue (even though it's not their fault, the way the handle this issue to make you happy is important to possible repeat business and recommendations from happy customers).

Last edited by Achilles; 05-28-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
The1andOnly

I'm not too sure about the lemon law, but I think they have to try to fix it first, don't they?
Old 05-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by The1andOnly
I'm not too sure about the lemon law, but I think they have to try to fix it first, don't they?
Lemon Laws vary from state to state. It's usually difficult to prove. It also has to break in the same manner three times within a certain time frame for it to be considered a Lemon Law issue.

Quick Reply: So far....So Bad!!!!