G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tattle tale box

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:30 PM
patel511

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^you are lucky indeed cuz I have a friend who has a roush mustang (ya I know) well he took it to the track and drove it hard then the brakes failed so he took it to ford and they saw premature wear on the pads and rotors so they voided his warranty
Old 05-15-2008, 04:32 PM
nogoodname
Banned

^^ouch, thats sucks

but shouldn't a Roush Mustang be able to be driven hard, or is it because Fords are pieces of garbage and can never be reliable
Old 05-15-2008, 04:58 PM
patel511

^the second reason is right and that is what I thought about the roush mustang
Old 05-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
wow.... never said anything about diesel or oil... never said cruising at 80 in 3rd...but...

If I want to drive my car hard and aggresively... they should fix it if it breaks... if not...why make a car that goes over 70mph then?
Good thing I have a family owned dealership I go to... they will fix anything... Guess Im lucky
The diesel fuel, gear oil, etc are just some extreme examples. I dont think you'd be stupid enough to do that! But my point was that people can abuse or push anything hard enough to break it. In those cases, I can see why the maker would not be responsible for fixing it. If you race a car that is not a race car, you will prematurely wear out components like brakes and suspension. The mustang example is what I'm talking about. Not Ford's fault he wore the brakes out by racing. True, it is designed to be a performance car but not a race car.

I just feel that if you are doing something that is outside the guidelines of what the car's designed for, or abusing it, it's your own responsibility to fix it when it breaks. I suppose everyone has a different opinion of what's reasonable that their car should be able to handle but in the end I guess it's only Infiniti's opinion matters.

Anyway I was just passing on what is and isn't stored in the ECU.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
patel511

Thanks
Old 05-15-2008, 06:58 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
The diesel fuel, gear oil, etc are just some extreme examples. I dont think you'd be stupid enough to do that! But my point was that people can abuse or push anything hard enough to break it. In those cases, I can see why the maker would not be responsible for fixing it. If you race a car that is not a race car, you will prematurely wear out components like brakes and suspension. The mustang example is what I'm talking about. Not Ford's fault he wore the brakes out by racing. True, it is designed to be a performance car but not a race car.

I just feel that if you are doing something that is outside the guidelines of what the car's designed for, or abusing it, it's your own responsibility to fix it when it breaks. I suppose everyone has a different opinion of what's reasonable that their car should be able to handle but in the end I guess it's only Infiniti's opinion matters.

Anyway I was just passing on what is and isn't stored in the ECU.
I think a good example of what your tryin to say is... lets say a STI...slapping an ECU mod on it ...cranking up the boost and blowing your engine or turbos...then taking it off and expecting the dealer to fix it... i can see that... but driving aggressively i cant see...

thats all i was really meaning
Old 05-15-2008, 07:01 PM
mal_TX

I'd love to see the actual text that Infiniti would use to void your warranty for holding 80mph in 3rd gear (only 5k rpm, btw) too long.

Does the owner's manual say you have to keep your average revs under a certain point? I'm pretty sure the manual actually has a page that details when to shift for maximum accelerating and it basically shows redline in all gears up to 3rd or 4th (because the MPH would be very high).

Brakes are a wear item .. it's foolish to think they're going to be covered. However, if my tranny or engine fails because I drove the car within it's performance limits and not in violation of any stated guideline in the manual or warranty -- I expect Infiniti to fix it or I will have a court force them to.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by mal_TX
I'd love to see the actual text that Infiniti would use to void your warranty for holding 80mph in 3rd gear (only 5k rpm, btw) too long.

Does the owner's manual say you have to keep your average revs under a certain point? I'm pretty sure the manual actually has a page that details when to shift for maximum accelerating and it basically shows redline in all gears up to 3rd or 4th (because the MPH would be very high).

Brakes are a wear item .. it's foolish to think they're going to be covered. However, if my tranny or engine fails because I drove the car within it's performance limits and not in violation of any stated guideline in the manual or warranty -- I expect Infiniti to fix it or I will have a court force them to.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
DAMAGE, FAILURES OR CORROSION DUE TO ACCIDENTS,
MISUSE OR ALTERATIONS
This warranty does not cover damage, failures or
corrosion resulting from:
• Accident, theft, fire, driving through water
(including engine water ingestion) or misuse,
which includes, but is not limited to, racing of any
sort whatsoever. (Proper use is outlined in your
OWNER’S MANUAL.)
• Alteration, tampering or improper repair.
• Installation of non-Nissan approved accessories
or components.
• Improper installation of any Nissan approved or
aftermarket accessory or component.
• Glass breakage, unless resulting from defects in
material or workmanship.
• Normal wear and tear, including dings, dents,
chips or scratches.
ALTERED OR UNCERTAIN ODOMETER MILEAGE
This warranty does not cover repair of any vehicle
or any part of a vehicle on which the odometer has
been altered, or the odometer repaired or replaced,
and the actual vehicle mileage cannot be correctly
and readily determined.
DAMAGE, FAILURES OR CORROSION DUE TO LACK
OF OR IMPROPER MAINTENANCE
This warranty does not cover damage, failures or
corrosion resulting from:
• Lack of performance of proper maintenance services
as outlined in your Owner’s Manual.
• Use of improper or dirty fuel, fluids or lubricants.
• Use of parts not equivalent in quality or design to
parts supplied by Nissan for use on Infiniti vehicles.

A few excerpts. There are a lot more exclusions and restrictions. You'd likely be better off just paying for denied warranty repairs than paying for your lawyer and having a chance of still getting nothing.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
• Installation of non-Nissan approved accessories
or components.

^^^Good thing thats false or we would all be in trouble!