Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My baby's hurt badly...I hate california drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:08 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i always have a pen and a little post-it cause u never know, and my phone has good quality pics, snap fast if i need to

GL with ur Insurance process
Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 PM
mpbruin108

Originally Posted by Graham
It will be a not at fault accident, he will have to pay his collision deductible, but won't have a premium increase at renewal, as the accident is listed as a not-at-fault. If he got a license plate, and it was determined the other driver was uninsured or under insured, his claim would have been paid using the Collision deductible waiver. no charge to him, or it would have been determined at fault on the other driver and paid strictly from the other parties policy.
Well, they told me that since I avoided one accident and hit another, it was technically "my fault" so I don't know if that warrants a premium increase since I've only been with this new insurance company for 1 month before the accident. They have been great though...no run around and very prompt. I wish I had the time to get the other person's plate but the accident happend so fast you know. I was in the "shock" mode for about 3-4 hours before it really hit in...after I got my rental car.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:59 PM
mpbruin108

Originally Posted by YeahRightFoo
Sorry to hear that happened. At least you are ok. With an impact like that did the airbags go off?

There was no airbags going off. I believe it was because I had braked hard prior to the collision so the sensor didn't read it as a straight hard hit and popped the airbags. Looking at the damage, it doesn't look like any frame damage either...but then I don't know what's going on underneath the hood.

As far as getting mods, I'm having the auto body guy also paint my grill black when he gets a new one to install. No other mods at this time. As far as my deductible, my auto body guy says he can cover it in the estimate so it wouldn't cost me a thing. Lets see if he really can. =)
Old 05-06-2008, 12:04 AM
SkyzDaL1m1T

sorry to hear about that bro love the wheels btw what are they?
Old 05-06-2008, 01:26 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
those wheels look nice...?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:37 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Axis Shine?

Sorry about the accident, hate to a fellow bruin and G owner in a crash.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mpbruin108
Well, they told me that since I avoided one accident and hit another, it was technically "my fault" so I don't know if that warrants a premium increase since I've only been with this new insurance company for 1 month before the accident. They have been great though...no run around and very prompt. I wish I had the time to get the other person's plate but the accident happend so fast you know. I was in the "shock" mode for about 3-4 hours before it really hit in...after I got my rental car.
It basically come down to in claims the wording of your story, I see how they are trying to pin the second accident on you. Technically you are responsible for the other accident. The claims adjuster is thinking of the case like this; If he can place you at fault, then the insurance company will have someone to increase premium for to try to recoup the loss. If it is left as not at fault, then insurance will pay for your claim and will have no way of charging anyone premium to recoup any loss. That why they are doing it. Crappy huh?
But you do have some grounds to argue, reiterate the point that you had no other choice but to make the evassive manuever you did. Hell tell him there was a mother and daughter on the sidewalk and instead of smashing into the unprotected pedestrians, you went into the vehicle, but the accident at that point was unavoidable due to the action of the other driver, note OTHER DRIVER CAUSED THE EVENTS LEADING UP TO THE ACCIDENT. I've found working from the sales end, you can't even try to be friendly with the claim's agents, they are out there to keep cost to the company down, trust me, I've played Mr. Niceguy to a claims agent and got screwed for it, now i'm vague and only state the minimum.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:53 PM
camp3r

Damn that sucks bro....can I get that grill for $25.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:00 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

i think i remember seeing your car like a month ago around the encino area..those wheels looked sicker on the car in person trust me guys
Old 05-06-2008, 03:26 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by camp3r
Damn that sucks bro....can I get that grill for $25.
Haha, already parting out his car?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:30 PM
camp3r

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Haha, already parting out his car?
lol...never hurts to ask!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:16 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
I had an accident, acutally, an accident happened to me where somebody slammed in to my car while it was parked. They drove off, and fled the scene....There is nothing you can do but just talk to your insurance agent and see what they say.
There is nothing you can do about a hit and run, and if you do some thing about it , you may just make it worse. I got hit by a car and it took off, this happened on the freeway during rush hour. I got his plate number called 911. the dispatcher pretty much said thank you for calling in, and that was that. I had asked her if she will have a CHP come out and get that guy, because I still see the guy on the freeway. She said no, just call your insurance agent later. I was like hell no, I'm going to pull this guy over myself. We were both at a stop on the freeway next to each other, and me yelling at him to pull over and he didn't. So I started to creep over his lane and he freaking floor the gas and hit my front fender, took the bumper off. CHP showed up after the fact, listened to both parties stories. And he listed that I was at fault for merging into his lane.
So now some thing aggresive happens to me while i'm driving, I tend to stay away.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:35 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ill take teh grill for $30!!! haha!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:12 PM
aznutx

ouch ouch
Old 05-07-2008, 04:54 PM
camp3r

Originally Posted by gan78mao