G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

why cant i do a burnout??? and wth is icy???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 08ivorypearl
wtf is rtfm
Read the Fucking Manual!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:25 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I love that you can curse BJ i wish i could
Old 11-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shumby
Seer at least someone else on here knows the difference between brake stand and burn out
we're a rare breed.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:03 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
htown, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

You remove the fuse, you can step on the gas in a auto and the rear tires will start to spin and smoke, to help you can even put water on the ground. Use your left foot on the brake to hold you still. Or if you want just floor it without pulling the fuse and it will spin the rear tires with a little help of water, or if your in a turn you can easily drift the auto with traction control off.

Sir, did you not see Trey's video of him smoking his tires? Are you that dense? He removed the fuse so he COULD do a burn out in his 6mt. The video above proves he didn't have ABS activated (no tail lights on when braking). Look at it again. Drops the clutch, moves forward while spinning the tires, he suddenly stopped while spinning the tires (he hit his left foot on the brake) and did a burn out then released the brake. Again no brake lights, Fuse was pulled.

I had a 04 G35, a 05 G35, a 07 350Z.

As I said above, all G35 will spin their tires on a launch with traction control off. Once you place your foot on the brake though while doing that, it will try to kill the engine. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem.

You get on the brake only to keep the car from moving so you can sit there doing a nice smoking burn out. (but not possible with the fuse in).

Last edited by G35_TX; 11-13-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:13 AM
w0ady

^correct we can spin/chirp our tires but not do a standing burnout.

and actually it was sharif showing us how to do a burnout in the car. you see trey walking by at the end.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:28 AM
lawdog6153

just peeled out today, just to see if it could, gave it some power and wheelspin, tada
Old 11-14-2008, 11:35 AM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G35_TX
htown, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

You remove the fuse, you can step on the gas in a auto and the rear tires will start to spin and smoke, to help you can even put water on the ground. Use your left foot on the brake to hold you still. Or if you want just floor it without pulling the fuse and it will spin the rear tires with a little help of water, or if your in a turn you can easily drift the auto with traction control off.

Sir, did you not see Trey's video of him smoking his tires? Are you that dense? He removed the fuse so he COULD do a burn out in his 6mt. The video above proves he didn't have ABS activated (no tail lights on when braking). Look at it again. Drops the clutch, moves forward while spinning the tires, he suddenly stopped while spinning the tires (he hit his left foot on the brake) and did a burn out then released the brake. Again no brake lights, Fuse was pulled.

I had a 04 G35, a 05 G35, a 07 350Z.

As I said above, all G35 will spin their tires on a launch with traction control off. Once you place your foot on the brake though while doing that, it will try to kill the engine. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem.

You get on the brake only to keep the car from moving so you can sit there doing a nice smoking burn out. (but not possible with the fuse in).
Your telling me:
1- I have no clue of what I'm talking about. *sends back middle finger*
2- I need to pull the fuse with my 6MT to burn out, WTF?
3- I don't care about Trey's video when I've done it for 4 years all by myself in my old G (and in other RWD Nissan's since 1973); who needs a video to see how it's done (even though it was cool).
4- You ask if I'm dense? *sends back both middle fingers*

When you make enough power with an MT RWD car, you don't need to stand on brakes to burn out, so screw all that crap..

I turn of VDC, rev up, burn out... Screw the pulling fuse and all that crap on the street. I'm not gonna do that nor am I going to do any brake stands to waste my good rubber for nothing. I actually try to never burn out at all, it's a good waste of tires.

I contribute what I know to be fact but I don't go around belittling people like you did me; that's not how we do things. Sometimes we do have a little fun. No offense taken to you calling me dense but I would bet money I have been around, built, raced, crashed, blown up, owned more Nissan's than you; and I know that there is nothing you can do about that but send stupid comments on it.

Last edited by htownboy; 11-14-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:58 AM
lawdog6153

lol, hit the gas people!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
w0ady

so just make a video of you burning out without pulling the fuse and end the debate...
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by htownboy
Your telling me:
3- I don't care about Trey's video when I've done it for 4 years all by myself in my old G (and in other RWD Nissan's since 1973); who needs a video to see how it's done (even though it was cool).

When you make enough power with an MT RWD car, you don't need to stand on brakes to burn out, so screw all that crap..

I turn of VDC, rev up, burn out... Screw the pulling fuse and all that crap on the street. I'm not gonna do that nor am I going to do any brake stands to waste my good rubber for nothing. I actually try to never burn out at all, it's a good waste of tires.

I contribute what I know to be fact but I don't go around belittling people like you did me; that's not how we do things. Sometimes we do have a little fun. No offense taken to you calling me dense but I would bet money I have been around, built, raced, crashed, blown up, owned more Nissan's than you; and I know that there is nothing you can do about that but send stupid comments on it.
umm, my other car is 3200lbs, and has 670rwhp, and 610rwtq... it still moves forward when dumping the clutch. I also run 345 tires in the back too
Old 11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
shumby

i like kittens
Old 11-15-2008, 03:03 AM
w0ady

if you kick them, ill kick you.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:10 AM
shumby

the mods delieted the post that were starting a fight so my kitten comet is sort of out of place now lol
Old 11-15-2008, 10:25 AM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Reading comprehension ownz you. I am not the only one correcting you. Everyone is agreeing with me. Open your eyes. Facts are below.

You can LAUNCH the car and burn out in a 6mt or a auto without pulling the fuse BUT you will be moving forward and you can not put your foot on the brake or it WILL kill the engine (abs/vdc) unless you have the fuse pulled.

Most Nissans didn't have VDC till 2003 anyways, so why say since 1973? Laugh.

We are talking about the way Treys car sat there and burned out. YOU can not DO THAT without pulling the fuse.

You sir have not owned more Nissans than me.

Mind you this is only Nissans:

1978 Datsun B210
1987 Nissan 200SX XE
1991 Sentra SE-R Classic
1996 Nissan Maxima SE
1998 Maxima SE
2000 Maxima SE
2000 Sentra SE
2001 Maxima SE
2001 Nissan Altima
2003 Pathfinder LE
2003 Nissan Altima
2004 G35 Sedan
2004 Nissan Titan
2005 G35 Sedan
2007 NISMO 350Z
2009 Murano

And I have been racing for 15 years in SCCA and Road Course events.

Originally Posted by htownboy
Your telling me:

Last edited by G35_TX; 11-15-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:26 AM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Originally Posted by w0ady
so just make a video of you burning out without pulling the fuse and end the debate...

Yep, I agree. With him sitting in one spot.

Quick Reply: why cant i do a burnout??? and wth is icy???