G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

why cant i do a burnout??? and wth is icy???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 31337
Oh c'mon! You only live once. Spin those tires until they melt!
LOL
Old 11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
howd u get to use an avatar and it doesnt say you're a premium member htownboy? is it cause you can choose to hide the premium member logo?
Old 11-13-2008, 01:10 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
howd u get to use an avatar and it doesnt say you're a premium member htownboy? is it cause you can choose to hide the premium member logo?
Because I joined G35driver.com long ago, way before there was even a G37, and since I am a Premium Member at G35driver.com which is part of this website, I have some rights which transfer over... I will upgrade my membership on this side someday; I had just renewed my premium membership to G35driver.com before Hurricane IKE came and took my G35 coupe with it.

Last edited by htownboy; 11-13-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:34 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Heat
VDC off, Put in Sport Mode, Rev to about 1500rpm and let go of brake. Just remember that you are wearing you rotors when doing this. But, like someone else said, you only live once. No point in owning this awesome car if you are not going to drive it to its full potential. Why watch videos when you can do it yourself?.........Otherwise, get linelocks.
It's no wear on the rotors as those wear under friction from stopping mostly; this action wears on your torque converter and clutch packs in the transmission... beware of the long term wear this causes; do it sparingly and use common sense! Transmission repairs out of warranty later are very expensive and if it's proven you were 'break torquing' the car to do burnouts when you damaged the transmission, Infiniti will not warranty it.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:38 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Your tires are trying to turn while you have the brake depressed. Therefore, you could end up warping your rotors. Any questions?

Would you like me to show you how to drift and pop a U-y in an AT too?
You cant warp rotors like this! Rotors warp over time and use eventually or if they are hot and you run though water, a puddle or something. The metal composition is strong and you just cant warp them like your describing, unless you have plastic rotors on your G???
Old 11-13-2008, 01:41 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G35_TX
The G35 has never been able to do a burn out at all since it came out. Neither has the Z car. VDC never fully disables itself. When you try to hold the car in place the ABS tries to stop the rear tires because the front is not spinning. The only way to successfully do it, is to pull the fuse to the vdc/rear brake lights and this will allow a full burn out.
Correction, the G35 5AT has never been able to... The 6MT could always do burnouts, drifting, donuts, more burnouts, 2nds, 3rds (well some of us could)...
Old 11-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Heat

Just because you have a 5AT doesnt mean you cant do burnouts, drift, donuts. It just takes more skill and practice. Extra parts help too.

Also, I drove a G35 as a loaner car when I was getting a oil change and I hated it. IT felt to light and I broke traction everytime I accelerated from a stop. BOOOO!! It would be easier to do a burnout in a G35 5AT then in our G37S 5AT.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Seer

Your tires are trying to turn while you have the brake depressed. Therefore, you could end up warping your rotors. Any questions?

Would you like me to show you how to drift and pop a U-y in an AT too?
thats called a brake stand, not a burn out.

A burn out is defined as spinning the wheels by dumping the clutch or mashing on the gas as hard as you can, to create smoke. This will not harm your rotors.

A brake stand is similar, but in the sense the driver will place their clutch foot on the brake pedal and their other foot on the gas pedal to spin the wheels and keep the vehicle in place. This will harm your rotors in the rear. The only reason this would be needed to be done is to heat up an R compound race tire to gain maximum traction. Using this on a street radial will only make them greasier and result in less performance and traction.

Last edited by Seer; 11-13-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by krayzrac3r
can u show me how to do stand still burnouts too? Especially since its really necessary to heat up my summer performance tires to get MAX PERFORMANCE bro! ***sarcasm followed by a sigh***
No sorry... I don't need to burn rubber to be cool.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:53 PM
krayzrac3r

Originally Posted by Blackjack
lolll
Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Originally Posted by htownboy
Correction, the G35 5AT has never been able to... The 6MT could always do burnouts, drifting, donuts, more burnouts, 2nds, 3rds (well some of us could)...

Sorry but you are incorrect. All G35s can not do a burnout without pulling the fuse. Even the 6mt can not. You can not sit there drop the clutch in a 6mt and get on the brake while spinning the back tires or the engine will die. The ABS kicks in. Video above proves it. Treys 6mt had the fuse pulled and it's a 6mt.

You can launch the car and spin the tires like mad in a 6mt or a auto as long as the brake is not touched and TCS and VDC are off but you will be moving forward.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Seer
thats called a brake stand, not a burn out.

A burn out is defined as spinning the wheels by dumping the clutch or mashing on the gas as hard as you can, to create smoke. This will not harm your rotors.

A brake stand is similar, but in the sense the driver will place their clutch foot on the brake pedal and their other foot on the gas pedal to spin the wheels and keep the vehicle in place. This will harm your rotors in the rear. The only reason this would be needed to be done is to heat up an R compound race tire to gain maximum traction. Using this on a street radial will only make them greasier and result in less performance and traction.
Actually there is a reason why 1/4 tracks call it the "burn out box" for a reason. It is called a Burn out when you want to sit there with the brake on and spin your rear tires.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Just because you have a 5AT doesnt mean you cant do burnouts, drift, donuts. It just takes more skill and practice. Extra parts help too.

Also, I drove a G35 as a loaner car when I was getting a oil change and I hated it. IT felt to light and I broke traction everytime I accelerated from a stop. BOOOO!! It would be easier to do a burnout in a G35 5AT then in our G37S 5AT.
Didn't say you could not do these things at all, but you need mods or need to stand on the brakes, LOL!
I own a G37s now so what are you defending!
I've probably forgotten more about modding and racing Nissan's than you may ever know so I am sitting here laughing now...
Go back an think of your next come back...

Brake torquing wears auto transmissions, these cars were built to launch with little or no wheel spin... Just use common sense; it's a trade off if you do it!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Amen!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:35 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Sorry but you are incorrect. All G35s can not do a burnout without pulling the fuse. Even the 6mt can not. You can not sit there drop the clutch in a 6mt and get on the brake while spinning the back tires or the engine will die. The ABS kicks in. Video above proves it. Treys 6mt had the fuse pulled and it's a 6mt.

You can launch the car and spin the tires like mad in a 6mt or a auto as long as the brake is not touched and TCS and VDC are off but you will be moving forward.
I call bush*t on this "All G35s can not do a burnout without pulling the fuse. Even the 6mt can not. You can not sit there drop the clutch in a 6mt and get on the brake while spinning the back tires or the engine will die. The ABS kicks in. Video above proves it."

I had my G35 6MT for 92K miles and all you do is gas an let the clutch out anywhere over 3000, the wheels will spin, and if you held mine to the floor it would continue to spin all through 1st. and then for a very long way in second, then again in 3rd. (of course you have VDC off, that is called a NO BRAINER!).
You don't need to get on the brake; what for, its not an automatic???

Quick Reply: why cant i do a burnout??? and wth is icy???