Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Start/Stop Button

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
tonytartufo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
yea dont get how you dont like it.... any reasons?

You are getting me all wrong. I do like the button. I was just asking if God forbid the button malfunctioned, how would one start the car?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:35 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
my new s2k still needs the key in before the start button, is there a key fob option like our g37's have ? am i missing something?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM
KPierson
Banned

How can you guys compare the G37 button to the S2K????? The systems, minus the push button, are not even close to being the same.

The Nissan system is far superior and I have yet to see a Honda with a comprable system (although I'm sure they have a car somewhere with one).

With the Nissan system you never have to take the keys out of your pocket or even touch them. Was your S2000 like that? How did you unlock the doors? Where did you put the key before you could start the car?

The S2K system is for looks, the G37 system is for function.

Last edited by KPierson; 04-29-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:52 PM
RYs06MT

^^ that's what I was thinking, I have both cars and the s2k push button is pretty useless since the key already has to be placed in and turned.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KPierson
How can you guys compare the G37 button to the S2K????? The systems, minus the push button, are not even close to being the same.

The Nissan system is far superior and I have yet to see a Honda with a comprable system (although I'm sure they have a car somewhere with one).

With the Nissan system you never have to take the keys out of your pocket or even touch them. Was your S2000 like that? How did you unlock the doors? Where did you put the key before you could start the car?

The S2K system is for looks, the G37 system is for function.
yet the infiniti system will allow you to leave your car running and walk away and forget for hours as many members have, it will allow your car to be stolen regardless if you have the keys or not neither of which the honda system will do... so which one is better?? Ya having the keyless fuction is neat but they did not think out the system. i rate the s2k system higher simpley for the fact it makes my car safer...
Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 PM
ucla bruin

I'm not arguing that the Infiniti system is better than the Honda's but why would you leave your car running when you're not in it anyway?

Sure it might be convenient to run out really quickly but then that would be at the driver's discretion. Infiniti just offers the freedom for you to be able to do that but I don't think it makes it easier to be stolen.

I would pick not having to take the key out of your pocket to start the car and not be mindless with leaving the engine running when you're out of the car, over having to take the key out to start it every time. To me, that's more convenient.

Last edited by ucla bruin; 04-29-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:43 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I'm not arguing that the Infiniti system is better than the Honda's but why would you leave your car running when you're not in it anyway?

Sure it might be convenient but then that would be at the driver's discretion.

I would pick not having to take the key out of your pocket to start the car and not be mindless with leaving the engine running when you're out of the car, over having to take the key out to start it. To me, that's more convenient.
I agree with leaving it on. i have never done this except for say running into my house because i have forgot something. but there is a thread on the board all about people who half left their cars running for hours and there seems to be a lot of people who have done this....
Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
RYs06MT

both systems are great, i just feel on my s2000 it's pretty useless because you need to insert the key and turn it, AND push the buttom. i dont really see the reason for the push button. maybe it was cool back in the day when they started but mines an 07 and kind of pointless now a days to have (both).
Old 04-29-2008, 07:01 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

You guys do know that the car beeps when you leave the car running without the key in it? I leave my car running when I get my mail and when I close my door, a couple seconds after the car beeps at me. I don't know how anyone could leave the car running unless they just don't pay attention.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no reason to dis like the start button =)
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
ucla bruin

^that's what I do too, haha. It'd be cool if there were a remote kill-switch.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OK so it sounds like we need a recording that plays over a loudspeaker and says "Hellooooooo you're leavin your friggin car running!!!"
Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 PM
KPierson
Banned

Wow, I never would have though people could leave the car running.

I have heard of issues with valeting the car where you forget to give the key to the valet then they can't retrieve the car.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Dade

Push start button = awesome / practical feature
Leaving your car on = str8 up careless. Have some decency and lock up your S@#T!
If one day the push button does not work, you are going to have to ship the car to Japan and drop mad cheddar, so the main Nissan factory can get their top engineers to fix it.
But seriously, if for some reason the button does break, what’s the big deal.... take it to the dealer and have them fix that. Its only a car and its going to break one day.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 AM
KPierson
Banned

Practically speaking, the chances of the button failing would be less then the chances of a "traditional" ignition switch failing. The old style switches were switching high current loads every time you turned the key. These push buttons switch extremely low current signals, which should allow them to last much, much longer.

From the security side, most Nissans since 2000 or so have had the transponder based anti theft system. I would imagine that system would have a similar failure rate as the intelligent key system.

Quick Reply: Start/Stop Button