Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Easter Eggs........

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
jtow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
getting the rear view camera to display even when NOT in reverse! sux tho cuz ur radio has to be off =(
How the heck do you do that?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:29 PM
dummptyhummpty

Originally Posted by jtow
You can do something like that on my mom's Lexus.
On her car:
You have to hold the "Info" button while turning the headlights on/off 3 times.
This bring you to a diagnostic screen where there is a button to test the backup camera.

It's probably a similar thing for the G37.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by jtow
someone else found this out and posted so i dont wanna take the credit, but forgot his s/n... there was a thread i think. Either case:

Turn Radio power off, while holding the SETTINGS button down, turn the Radio TUNE dial in one direction untill a menu pops up. From ther you can go to Confirmations/Adjustments or something and then find the camera.

Only sucky thing is, radio has to be turned off

I hope that is right, i dont have my G on me right now, but i just know how to do it when its all in fronta me in the car
Old 05-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saw it on another post, but I've been having fun with it, and I'm sure most of you already know about it but I figured I'd add it in here. Hold the unlock on your key fob and the window's go down, but you have to keep holding it for them to go down all the way.

Anyone know of any rain sensors on the car to close up sunroofs and such when you leave it popped up and parked?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
someone else found this out and posted so i dont wanna take the credit, but forgot his s/n... there was a thread i think. Either case:

Turn Radio power off, while holding the SETTINGS button down, turn the Radio TUNE dial in one direction untill a menu pops up. From ther you can go to Confirmations/Adjustments or something and then find the camera.

Only sucky thing is, radio has to be turned off

I hope that is right, i dont have my G on me right now, but i just know how to do it when its all in fronta me in the car

There's no way of setting the camera to work in reverse w/o first shutting off the radio? In other words, is there not a setting in the controls where it will automatically go to reverse camera when you put it in reverse, shutting off the radio automatically and then turning itself back on when you put it in drive???
Old 05-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Achilles
There's no way of setting the camera to work in reverse w/o first shutting off the radio? In other words, is there not a setting in the controls where it will automatically go to reverse camera when you put it in reverse, shutting off the radio automatically and then turning itself back on when you put it in drive???
No I believe they want to view the camera while not in reverse, the camera automatically goes on in reverse.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Graham
No I believe they want to view the camera while not in reverse, the camera automatically goes on in reverse.

Ohhhh.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:09 PM
dezicartel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im pretty sure this may be impossible but,

anyone know how to search for a specific point of interest while driving?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Graham
Premier Member

You have to perform the hush, hush, mod that no one can post about online first, then you can change anything and do anything while driving with your nav. I figure if you want to know, show up to a meet and let someone give you the info there. That way theres no e-paper trail.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:41 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^hahaha
Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 PM
PhukenA

Originally Posted by dummptyhummpty
LOL. Yeah, i'd have another Audi, but for what you pay on the G you get so much more for the same thing spent on the Audi. We should sneak in on one of Clay (Calabria's) next drives.
Lemme know!! Just gave up the BR B7 you saw on the Mar. ride. Ill be happy to break one up and give those guys a nice G shot in their videos!!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 AM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
is that true lol? don't tell the bimmer guys about that one....
Hehehe, my Bimmer wife found out about it already. It was not pretty.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 AM
fcarpio

Originally Posted by masterface
I have a MT. You can tell that the compressor disengages. The air coming from the vents gets musty and humid. By 3rd gear the Air is not cold at all. As soon as you let off the gas the A/C kicks back in.
Maybe it is not hot and humid where he lives, that is why he can't tell the difference.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:44 AM
fcarpio

Originally Posted by dezicartel
Does anyone know how to black out the navigation screen?

I ran into a 7-11 and my GF was in the G listening to music, and there was this homeless individual standing right outside the 7-11 and she is one to stare...so thinking she was inside a normal car without navi she was staring at the bum since I went inside, and as soon as I stepped out of the store I could see her face blatantly staring at the guy, because the navi screen display was shining light onto her face...the bum chased after my car when i drove out of the lot...but thank god he was crippled....

so to avoid future staring contests with bums, anyone know how u can disable that thing while your car is in the "acc" position?
I think that is a problem with your girlfriend, not the car.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by masterface
I ran into a few interesting features of the G37 by accident.

1. The trunk will not latch of your key is inside the trunk. After trying to shut my trunk several times I discovered I had dropped my key inside the trunk. If it was not for that feature I would have had to walk home in 100 degree heat.
2. The G37 automatically disengages the air conditioning compressor at full throttle. While deriving around with the A/C on full blast I realized that at WOT the air temperature would rise and become very humid. I did a little reading and found out that many cars share this feature.
I locked my keys in the trunk yesterday. Intentionally. 3 times just to make sure. Doors were all closed but not locked. Did your trunk lid just not latch when you closed it or what, because mine closed just like normal.

Still have yet to have the A/C compressor cut off at WOT in any gear. Do you have an AT or MT? I have 6 MT and it most definately does NOT cut off at WOT.

Which one of our cars is weird???

Quick Reply: Easter Eggs........