Sponsored By:

Attacked by a PT Cruiser!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Attacked by a PT Cruiser!

Yeah, thats right- my G was attacked by a Chrysler PT Cruiser on Saturday. My car was parked in the driveway at the very end of it. One of my friends backed their PT out of the garage and didn't think that my car was at the end of the driveway, so they didn't bother to look back in the mirror.

Next thing I know, their PT collided with the front left of my car. It completely destroyed the front bumper, left front fender, took a big chunk of metal out of my left front wheel, put a large scratch on my headlight (AFS equipped), pushed the left front fender into the drivers door and took paint off of the driver's door edge, completely messed up the alignment of the right front fender and/or hood, and knocked the car out of alignment. The driver of the PT probably did more damage when they decided to drive forward with my front bumper caught in between their rear passenger wheel well and the tire, so it pulled the bumper on my car and snapped it back. That is probably how the body panels on the other side got messed up alignment wise.

Lets just say that I'm not happy at all. From what I know about repairing cars, it seems to me like aproximately 50% of the car is going to have to be re-painted. I will have to get it re-clear bra'd 90 days after being fixed (apparantly so the paint on the car can cure properly), hopefully no chips during that time. I do know that body shops, even good ones, leave paint overspray on cars and especially on a black car, SWIRLS!

It goes to the body shop tomorrow, and I fully plan on letting them know how picky I am about my car. I will then be calling the insurance company of the other person to file a dimished value claim on this car, since over 50% of it will have to be re-painted.

Why didn't I drive my company car home instead???

What a weekend!

PICS!

Last edited by NotUrG; 04-20-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Adding Pics
Old 04-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
+ Friend =
Old 04-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Some one is going to do it so it might as well be me..
Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Some one is going to do it so it might as well be me..

Old 04-20-2008, 08:40 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Pix added.

I don't have pix of the mis-alignment of panels and such, because they are on my phone and I can't seem to pull them off of the memory card at this time to get them uploaded.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:46 PM
G35_Diva

GULP.... I would be in jail right now. haha
Old 04-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Protein Shakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, that PT must have been going pretty quick.
Kill him!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:48 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Ouch that's nasty looking!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:49 PM
J.Oh

Originally Posted by G35_Diva
GULP.... I would be in jail right now. haha
+1 espesically if it was one of my friends i would of b!tched em out so hard omg
Old 04-20-2008, 08:50 PM
J.Oh

oh and what do you mean by file with the other persons car insurance company about filing a dimished car claim what does that do?
Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by homelessdrunk
oh and what do you mean by file with the other persons car insurance company about filing a dimished car claim what does that do?
What a dimished value claim is is basically me telling the other person's insurance company that my car is not worth as much money as it was prior to the accident. When a car is repaired through an insurance company, the accident appears on CARFAX. Now, anyone that runs my VIN can see that my car was in an accident and does not have the "original" parts and paint, which will lead to a much lower trade in value. I am going to file a dimished value claim because they are going to have to re-paint so much of the car. Basically, I am going to argue with the insurance company and try to get $$$ from them due to the extent of the damage on my car. The $$$ that I get would offset the "hit" (no pun intended) that I take when I go to trade it in or sell it privately.

I did it once before, its A LOT of work and arguing back and forth, but in the end, if I win, its definately worth it. Not many people know this is even an option.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:09 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black 6MT
Damn, that PT must have been going pretty quick.
Kill him!!!
It was probably a girl. What straight male would drive a maroon PT Cruiser? lol.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JLai
It was probably a girl. What straight male would drive a maroon PT Cruiser? lol.

Correct!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:27 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by JLai
lol..

Originally Posted by NotUrG
Correct!
you know the drill, ask them for favors and lots of it.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:50 PM
cskubis

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Though not as bad, my car was damaged similar to yours about a month ago. It has been in the shop for 3 weeks and counting. The last 2 weeks have been waiting for a headlight assembly, since ours are new and unique. What is it with people "not seeing" our cars???? I'm going to do a diminished value claim also. Try to get a nice rental, because you'll be in it quite a while I bet waiting on parts & claim adjusters.

Quick Reply: Attacked by a PT Cruiser!