Sponsored By:

Park Profiling

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by solopresident
if i park super far i take 2 spots. some ahte me yes, but ohh well. at least my babies safer.

PArking by a nice car doesn't mean they don't got kids who don't care aboutr yours. I saw a nice BMWX5, mom was saying be careful be careful to the kid and BAMMMMM hit the car parked next to them. Often times people in nice cars lease them as well and don't care about dings etc. So they will just throw open the door BAM! see that do alll the time.

Lastly, if they got chips, sodas etc in their cars, they fat and they BAMMMM bAMMB BAMMM BAMMM the krap out of you to.

so in general i park far, and take 2 spaces.
Do you have an English keyboard?

I can tell you form personal experience that many people who see a jerk taking up 2 spaces intentionally will intentionally do something to the car for the owner being such a pompous azz. Even if you park way out in the far end where nobody is, taking up 2 spaces is just wrong. And it doesn't really keep anyone from paring next to you it just makes you a target. I've sen people key those guys' cars just to be as much of a jerk as the car owner is. Be careful.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 AM
BiskitG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Graham
A good tip is if you have to favor a side when parking between lines, park closer to the passenger side of the other vehicles. Obviously a driver has to get in to move the car but there's less of a chance they'll also have a passenger. But I have my go to spot in our work lot. It has a planter which had its tree removed. So I hug the curb, backed in.
I do the same thing, but I also look to see if there's stuff on the passenger seat - less chance anyone is sitting there.

I also avoid the side of a car that has a carseat - they will open the door wide putting the kid in.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:47 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I try to park away from others if I can, but if I can't I don't worry too much about it. Its just a car....
Old 04-04-2008, 12:13 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Its just a car....
I think you are about the only person other than myself who's actually said that!
Old 04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Do you have an English keyboard?

I can tell you form personal experience that many people who see a jerk taking up 2 spaces intentionally will intentionally do something to the car for the owner being such a pompous azz. Even if you park way out in the far end where nobody is, taking up 2 spaces is just wrong. And it doesn't really keep anyone from paring next to you it just makes you a target. I've sen people key those guys' cars just to be as much of a jerk as the car owner is. Be careful.
i feel the same way about double parking...best way to go is corner spots or spots away from those closer to the door of the destination . corner spots with with more square footage are hot - so that another car can only park to one side of u and they have more room to open their door assuming they center the car in that spot.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:38 PM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Parking near a handicapped spot is good too as there is generally much more room, and less likely chance of someone even parking there...

Some jackass parked next to me not so long ago (I was parked in corner spot), and when I came back I found 2 huge dents in my car (windy day, seems like the wind picked up the other door and slammed it against mine). When I confronted the other person (since I live in a gated community with assigned parking I can find the other guy), the "wasn't me" response was given... even after I showed them when you open their door, it hits my door in the exact same spot, and there's paint transfer from their car...

Moral of the story? Some people are @$$holes regardless of what you try to do...
Old 04-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Pennsylvania-G

I don't have my G yet, but as a gereral rule I often park next to vans with sliding doors. There is less of a chance for kids opening their doors into mine. This way I only have to worry about the adult driver.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Idiots drive expensive cars too

I think it's more luck of the draw. Some people drive crappy cars and have great respect for the nice ones, while others drive nice cars and are completely negligent about opening doors carefully.

The best thing to do is avoid parking next to bigger cars, or find spaces that are ample in size.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:57 AM
raptorius

There is a guy at my school who has a a new porsche 911 turbo (yeah, still in college and has a car like that......anyway) Ill snap some photos next time of how this guy parks, its funny, but we understand. He pays an extra 6 dollars every day to park in what we call B spots (we have S passes but B spots tend to be much less crowded and safer) and he parks in the parking garage straight up next to a wall and gets in super tight (about an inch or two away from the wall). Overprotective yes, but like I said, we understand.