Old 03-13-2008, 09:27 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good choice. does uae have rhd?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:12 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
you won't be disappointed coming from a 330ci. i don't know the stat difference between an 02 and an 06 (i own an 02 auto that my sister drives), but the g37 has better sound and pulls harder through the mid revs.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:15 PM
phantom75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
good choice. does uae have rhd?
what is RHD?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:18 PM
phantom75

Originally Posted by shumby
Phantom I work in Doha and have not see one on the road. you should drive it up to Qatar for a rip. lol
you must start seeing them soon i guess, they are on the way, still not launched massively in the region, well definately i wont drive it to Qatar))))
Old 03-14-2008, 12:33 PM
xref

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rhd = right hand drive?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:19 PM
phantom75

Originally Posted by xref
rhd = right hand drive?
nope, it is left hand drive
Old 03-14-2008, 03:21 PM
phantom75

Originally Posted by nin9919
Congrats man! My family is in Dubai, and my brother tells me he's starting to see quite a few g37 coupes on the roads now. What color did you get? Also the nissan guy told you 330 bhp, but it's actually 350 there, or at least advertised as 350.
And are you getting a 4 digit number plate for it too lol? I have a hard time explaining why the number plates in Dubai sometimes cost more than the car
well it is advertised and also sold as 350 BHP which is the gross horsepower.
i got the IP with all options available.
im getting a normal number plate) the insurance is a bit expensive around 2750$
Old 03-14-2008, 03:46 PM
UltimateGee27

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phantom75
dear im in dubai
really? where in Dubai? I have a flat in the Horizon tower in the Marina! Ill be out there in Late march
Old 03-17-2008, 02:59 PM
mkaresh

Amazing that the salesperson cost himself a potential sale. Are they not commissioned there?

Or maybe he just believes in doing the right thing?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:31 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hey do you know if you are getting the EURO version with no amber in the head lights? If so I know where I am ordering head lights from.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:30 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by phantom75
still waiting for my G to arrive at the end of this month, and why not to share with you how the story of getting a G37 started?

well i was thinking and planning to get the 335 CI this coming april, and dont ask me how suddenly i passed by the nissan showroom and was checking the350Z since this was on my list also but not seriously.
while discussing the price with the nissan sales guy, he told me , didnt you see the new infiniti G37 WITH 330 BHP? it is much better for you as a business man, i said well no and frankly i never thought of getting an infiniti at all and beleive me i never cared about japanese cars since im a BMW Driver coming from a 330I 2006.

He sent me to the infiniti section and the sales colleague there just showed me the G37 parked, and that was the MOMENT which changed my life decisions forever.

from the first look i just decided that this will be the one , u can never imagine how all my plans changed at that moment and how i really erased the 335 CI which was almost every second in my mind and couldnt wait for April to get it with no intentions at all nor any other car in my mind.

the next day exactly i paid the deposit and started the countdown, so yes u never know what every new day hides for you, at that day the G37 was the new thing that i suddenly wanted more than anything .

now while waiting for my G to arrive, u can imagine how it feels frustrating to count the remaining days and how you just keep seeking for any G's around the streets to see them Live.

one more last thing that i may have mentioned in my other threads, I DIDNT test drive the car and i expect that it will blow the 3 days back sold bmw 330.
i will share with you the first minute of driving experience the moment i get into my car when delivered to me. cheers
You'll love it!! It drives so much more agressively accurately and fun than the BMW 335!! I've test driven the 335 and was sold on the G.

The BMW 335 is a nice car while it works but I've seen too many simple things that go wrong with the BMW that simply should not e.g windows getting stuck....hoses leaking....heads warping at 40K miles and the dealers refusing to service out of warranty..interior lights popping out of headliners!! I also hate their cupholders...I like the fact the the G37S really does not have any 'real' cupholders since the only liquid filled thing in the car should be the driver (that does not leak)!

Mostly the BMW forums say about the G37 is that it uses too much cheap plastics in the interior!! well the truth is that it's light-weight excellent quality plastics that I prefer anytime over needless luxury trims that fail in few years. Besides what really turned me off was the sales guy at Allison BMW trying to sell me on BMW 'class' and 'status' BS...That's when I decided that the BMW sales is a POS....but I do like the new 135!

The G37 will blow you away! the 7600 redline is real!!! this engine is phenomenol!!! Besides it's built by the same engineers that made the Nissan GTR...which will kill anything BMW has ever made.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:24 PM
phantom75

Originally Posted by mkaresh
Amazing that the salesperson cost himself a potential sale. Are they not commissioned there?

Or maybe he just believes in doing the right thing?
u just said it, maybe he beleives in doing the right thing
Old 03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
phantom75

Originally Posted by shabbo
You'll love it!! It drives so much more agressively accurately and fun than the BMW 335!! I've test driven the 335 and was sold on the G.

The BMW 335 is a nice car while it works but I've seen too many simple things that go wrong with the BMW that simply should not e.g windows getting stuck....hoses leaking....heads warping at 40K miles and the dealers refusing to service out of warranty..interior lights popping out of headliners!! I also hate their cupholders...I like the fact the the G37S really does not have any 'real' cupholders since the only liquid filled thing in the car should be the driver (that does not leak)!

Mostly the BMW forums say about the G37 is that it uses too much cheap plastics in the interior!! well the truth is that it's light-weight excellent quality plastics that I prefer anytime over needless luxury trims that fail in few years. Besides what really turned me off was the sales guy at Allison BMW trying to sell me on BMW 'class' and 'status' BS...That's when I decided that the BMW sales is a POS....but I do like the new 135!

The G37 will blow you away! the 7600 redline is real!!! this engine is phenomenol!!! Besides it's built by the same engineers that made the Nissan GTR...which will kill anything BMW has ever made.

thanks for your comments, eventually my EX- BMW was still new but i have noticed the bad quality of the plastic, the steering wheel paint and around the navigation **** started to peel .