Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Curb rash

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
J.Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curb rash

damn it... anyone else curb rash there car from a really inclined drive way ughhhhhhh theres scratches all over my front bumper i was driving like -0.00001mph getting down yea you read that right NEGATIVE
Old 02-11-2008, 07:09 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what exactly is curb rash - just tha bump from if ur car bounces on the incline? are ur scratches on the underbelly of ur bumper? meaning if u look directly at your bumper either from standing or even eye level with your grille can u see the scratches or do u have to feel under it??? any pics?

I try to avoid the driveway curb dangers by pulling onto and out of these driveways one tire at a time, slowly, and on an angle. you should never be driving directly onto or off a driveway with your car at a right angle because that bumps it easier. especially if there's 2 passengers or more weight in it.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
J.Oh

ill try to take pictures in the morning only have a camera phone refuse to buy a real camera so i need the ambient light to take pictures. i can see it while im crouching with out feeling it its visible hopefully will just buff out -_-
Old 02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

if you angle it you won't. im lowered an inch and then have the splitter and i navigate SERIOUSLY messed up roads daily with no problems. you got to learn to drive with a low front end, thats all. its no big deal to scrape the under belly if your going VERY SLOW.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 PM
J.Oh

i guess i do having an suv and not even thinking twice about the road/speed bumps i need to be careful
Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

^^^ LOL!!! dude sideways all day. even when i had my cadi knew i would be back to something on teh ground and took dips sideways at times. people laughed at me but now im happy. drop the driver side off the driveway first at an angle, followed by passenger side front then driver side rear will follow by the passenger rear.

This is if you are making a right out of a steep driveway etc. Be careful of dips to in the road.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
J.Oh

Originally Posted by solopresident
^^^ LOL!!! dude sideways all day. even when i had my cadi knew i would be back to something on teh ground and took dips sideways at times. people laughed at me but now im happy. drop the driver side off the driveway first at an angle, followed by passenger side front then driver side rear will follow by the passenger rear.

This is if you are making a right out of a steep driveway etc. Be careful of dips to in the road.
unfortunately i live on a very ACTIVE one way street i need to speed racer mach5 it out of my drive way or wait 10mins now i usually wait 10mins but with my suv just sped out of there