Sponsored By:

You know you own a G37 when...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
AdnaanZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vasher
Back on topic...

You know you drive a G when 17 year old kids have a better ride than you.
Yeah, back on topic...

I've been driving around and I get looks from a lot of girls...I got some smiles from 2 girls in a Supercharged Range Rover.

You know you have a G37 when people cant help but turn and look because damn, it sounds beastly...
(On top of that, I have Athens Blue...its the perfect "attention color" lol)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:29 AM
sy329

When your girlfriend bakes cookies for your birthday, and she decorates it with "G37" along with with the outline of the car. haha

a long time lurker finally checking in
Old 04-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Trincap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AdnaanZ
Meh...we all tend to stay out of that kind of stuff and just appreciate the car. Its probably because we're still just kids...but we're definitely very obsessed with cars...especially me.

People arent really under pressure from society on what to do with their money...people do spend freely. The guy who drives this R8 is a very modest and composed person though...he's definitely one of the coolest guys ever. "Snob" is the last thing one could use to describe him...and that makes it all the more better.

You should also know that he didnt exactly start with the R8 for his first car. He had a CLK350 and had to give that up due to RWD not being suitable for the winters here.
Ha, you misunderstood me. It's not the kids fault. If I could get one at that age I would too and it's great that he's humble. What he does not get however is an appreciation of what it takes to get a car. Your first car should be worked for not given. If you give a child everything he won't know how to work hard to get somewhere, ie. the American way. What's next for him? What's to strive for? He's already been there done that. And if his parents bail him out or give it to him, why bother working for it? It's the wrong message to send and parents that do that actually do a disservice to their children. I wasn't calling him or his parents "snob"s. I don't know them so I can't speculate on that. I was calling buying his 16 year old kid a CLK350, a S550 and an R8; a poor parenting decision.
P.S. John D. Rockefeller (Forbes #1 list of all time in history wealthiest person at 325 Billion) used to give his children a dime for an hours work. They attended the best school but didn't get the luxuries unless they worked for it and earned it. Their children went on to become successful in their own rights.

Last edited by Trincap; 04-09-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:48 AM
AdnaanZ

Originally Posted by Trincap
Ha, you misunderstood me. It's not the kids fault. If I could get one at that age I would too and it's great that he's humble. What he does not get however is an appreciation of what it takes to get a car. Your first car should be worked for not given. If you give a child everything he won't know how to work hard to get somewhere, ie. the American way. What's next for him? What's to strive for? He's already been there done that. And if his parents bail him out or give it to him, why bother working for it? It's the wrong message to send and parents that do that actually do a disservice to their children. I wasn't calling him or his parents "snob"s. I don't know them so I can't speculate on that. I was calling buying his 16 year old kid a CLK350, a S550 and an R8; a poor parenting decision.
Oh..my bad.

Mhmm...true. You're very right...
I know what you mean...I personally would never let my parents buy me a car like that even if they offered to by themselves. I'd feel much more accomplished knowing I own a $150k car (loaded...)...and that I bought it myself.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:04 AM
beast808

Originally Posted by Jimmy John's
When you get in a fight with your girlfriend over the car getting more love and attention.
thats exactly me LOL
Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 AM
XtatiC

^^^^
and then gets even more upset when you tell her, "Dont be silly, I love you both the same!"
Old 04-09-2010, 06:01 AM
beast808

^^^
i do that too and i rather clean my car instead of hanging out with her sometimes too...
Old 04-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Haji

Yeah an R8 is a little to crazy for a 16 year olds car, but it would be fine if they got it maybe say 2-3 years later when they've built some more maturity. My dad and I went half and half in on my G37, and I'm 16. So far, incident free for coming up on 6 months, just a scratch on the front bumper from having a rock flinged at me by the car in front of me on the freeway.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 PM
britishmutt

You know you own a G37 when...everyone you tell says "Oh yeah, my wife has one."
Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Amon_Ra

Originally Posted by AdnaanZ
Haha...yeah but honestly, he's one of the coolest guys ever. As I said, he's very modest and is absolutely never stuck up.
I remember when I told him I got my G and he told me, "That's a sexy car, I'm really happy for you..."

The guy has a FRIGGIN R8....he doesnt say, "Yeah, my car still looks better, goes faster, and gets me more girls..." or something like that. Very encouraging guy who's given me some advice on college and other things on more than one occasion.
Good thing he's not a *****....must be fairly responsible if his parents bought him that
Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Amon_Ra

I'm in Arizona for a track meet meet....

And you know u own a G37 when u miss ur car more than your girlfriend
Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 PM
HipHopFene

Haha these are good... I didn't wanna read through every single one if this was already posted, but if the first time you fill gas you have no idea in hell out to open the tank lolz.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Jamler

Just washed the pollen off my G this weekend and had it all clean and
just got back from a ride and closed the door, only to look up and see my
16yr old son and my wife laughing at me...

You know you own a G when you go to close the door by palming the side point
on the door, so you dont finger print the door/window glass... LOL
Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 AM
ntworkg0d

You know you own a G when your friend tells you she has a nice a$$ but complains that the logo doesn't say BMW.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:46 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
^ Did you really just sign up here to say this?

Quick Reply: You know you own a G37 when...