Sponsored By:

Complaints/Negatives about the G37

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:11 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
OUCH!!!
i believe he is comming off an E46 M3...so yes his complaints are very valid, can't ride your sister's best friend when you already had the prom queen...
Old 02-17-2008, 06:43 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cvt
i believe he is comming off an E46 M3...so yes his complaints are very valid, can't ride your sister's best friend when you already had the prom queen...
Yep also driving the S2000..... but regardless of my complaints i still love my G no doubt.....
Old 02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
My complaint is the G is too damn sexy. I could no longer trust that my girl was going out with me or my car. One day I woke up early and caught them both in the garage. There she was in her tight slip, rather sweaty and skwirmin on my reclined passenger seat. When I confronted her she said it was because she liked the smell of new leather. I could tell she was lieing... and then I saw it... oil on her fingers.. and I'm not talking baby oil here.. this was black 5w30. Sure enought she confessed to checking it's fluid levels but that's it she cried. I knew better, she wanted to feel and smell the oil, why else would it still have been on her fingers. When I brought this to her attention she got all defensive and stormed out of the garage crying saying I don't trust her any more.

I guess she was right, perhaps it's just jealousy blinding me. Still things were different, she was always wanting to help wax and buff and she never wanted to do that with my Celica GTS. She said she liked the look of her reflection in the glossy red paint. The help with maintenance was kind of nice, but then she's started complaining about headaches from the chemicals or back aches and our sex life suffered. Every time I'd turn around she'd be out on a quick jot to pick up some milk, or cigarettes.. never gone for too long.. but I noticed I couldn't keep a full tank for more then a day. We never had these problems before the G came into our lives. This couldn't go on, so I asked for her Fob. It was aweful, the begging and all, but the truth came out... she was only staying with me for the car. She packed her stuff and I haven't heard from her in days.

Watch your women guys... and girls, watch your men... hopefully you'll have better luck, but I doubt it.. the G's too damn sexy.

lol G-rotica....
Old 02-18-2008, 06:01 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
Poor chassis dynamics. slush handleing. weak motor. Poor interior build quality. creaks and rattles, axle clicks, exhaust rattles. poorly thought out items i.e. no auto locking doors, no rain sensing wipers....

Wow interesting take - I can tell you come from having the Ultimate Driving Machine...I must admit that I agree Infiniti seems to just not have that "relentless pursuit of perfection" I mean what's a good excuse for havin the same rattles and creaks and axle click they had in 03 G's even now in 08??? Why didn't they fix that in 5 years?!?!

Anyhow did the M3 never have rattles/creaks?
Old 02-18-2008, 06:14 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Wow interesting take - I can tell you come from having the Ultimate Driving Machine...I must admit that I agree Infiniti seems to just not have that "relentless pursuit of perfection" I mean what's a good excuse for havin the same rattles and creaks and axle click they had in 03 G's even now in 08??? Why didn't they fix that in 5 years?!?!

Anyhow did the M3 never have rattles/creaks?
nope over 3 years i had no rattles what so ever. and that was with a lot of track time and abuse on the car. the only major issue i had was an hid bulb burn out. replaced under warrenty
Old 02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
but let's be fair BMW's aren't known to be trouble fee...their engines seem to be iron clad but everyting from electrical to the chassis (see E36/E46 chassis bracing issue) have been known to spur a few gremlins.

let's see things beyond the marketing "ultimate driving machine" slogan and realise that even BMW has quite a few kinks in the armor as well.

As far as the E46 M3. great car and very solid. But there have been a few engine issues especially the 01 year (which unfortunately a freind of mine bought back in the day, he DID get the engine replaced through warranty like so many others that had that particular year).
Old 02-18-2008, 07:26 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by cvt
but let's be fair BMW's aren't known to be trouble fee...their engines seem to be iron clad but everyting from electrical to the chassis (see E36/E46 chassis bracing issue) have been known to spur a few gremlins.

let's see things beyond the marketing "ultimate driving machine" slogan and realise that even BMW has quite a few kinks in the armor as well.

As far as the E46 M3. great car and very solid. But there have been a few engine issues especially the 01 year (which unfortunately a freind of mine bought back in the day, he DID get the engine replaced through warranty like so many others that had that particular year).
yes agreed that there have been issues. But I have had two BMW's. My X5 4.8 which had not one issues throughout my 3 years with it and my E46 M3 which only had an HID burn out. just as far as my experience goes my G has had more issues.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 AM
g37sick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
yea, you would think a 40k car would auto lock itself.. the exhaust rattles when its cold after startup. its hard to see out your blind side. there is a lag when you "try" to floor the car...other than that, the car is freaking awesome! also, the paint sucks, already have a few rock chips. noooo!
ya rear wheel drive cant push that 330hp to the floor without a lag.... and the paints been chipping all over the place. how do i get rid of those little chips?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

this is kind of ****, but here it is......

1. my trunk lid is not properly aligned. You can see it without having to measure that on one side the gap on the top lid is just a bit wider than the other side.
2. the plastic piece that is connected to the front fender and the headlight is not completely flushed. It actually has low and high spots.

Brought to Inifiniti's attention, and they couldn't do any thing about it. The service guy showed that the G35's has it worse. where the headlights and the bumper meets, headlight and the front grill has a very large gap.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 PM
joesmithf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone know if Infiniti is planning to fix the 'soft-paint' and auto-lock issues anytime soon? If so, is there a specific timeframe?