3. Floor mats get wet when it rains
4. Sometimes the radio plays a really bad song
5. Have to fill it with gas every 300 miles
6. Forced to pay a toll on a tollroad
7. The interior feels hot when it's sunny outside and over 90 degrees
8. The interior feels cold when it's -20
9. Not much engine compartment room
10. Push button start can be confusing

Give me a break guys...some of the complaints on this thread are pretty lame. I love my G. I still get excited everytime I drive it!
Thank you so much for that laugh, its stuff like this that makes me come back again and again. This and that racoon joke the other day, still laugh out loud everytime i think about it.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Romeo Xray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mlapbd
You can fix this - go into settings and change it from alphabetical to QWERTY. Much better IMO.
That's SWEET! I obviously missed it in the manual! Thanks!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:02 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Dude, my floor mats don't get wet when it rains outside!!!!!!!!! LOL

You should take it in for a thorough inspection!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
mlapbd

I haven't read the manual either. I just have a lot of time while waiting for my car to warm up to sit there and play with the various functions of the vehicle.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My only complaint is not having it sooner... The G37S is everything I expected & more.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:43 PM
SantiagoDraco

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm dissapointed in how out of date the Nav database is. It should have been updated to a newer POI database and maps. They should update all owners for free imo, when and if they ever update the damn thing.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
mlapbd

Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
My only complaint is not having it sooner... The G37S is everything I expected & more.
+1

This car rocks. Yes there are a few flaws but hey, I'm not perfect either. But just like the car - almost
Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
CtK
Registered Member

I cant believe no one has mention the terrible and SLOOOW way the front seats move forward!!
that is my biggest complaint

should have made it the way BMW has it on their 3 series, you just pull a lever and the whole seats slides and moves forward.

the rattle from the seat belt extension goes away if you move it to the up position.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A bit slow, but I'm not complaining.

There's one thing that does annoy me quite a bit, and I'm sure other it applies to other drivers here too. Since our windows roll down/up a bit whenever we open/close our door, it leaves water marks on my clean car window. I tried carrying a MF towel in my glove compartment once, only to realize after I exited the car and cleaned the excess, I had to open the door again to put my towel away.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:46 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Poor chassis dynamics. slush handleing. weak motor. Poor interior build quality. creaks and rattles, axle clicks, exhaust rattles. poorly thought out items i.e. no auto locking doors, no rain sensing wipers....
Old 02-16-2008, 01:12 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
Poor chassis dynamics. slush handleing. weak motor. Poor interior build quality. creaks and rattles, axle clicks, exhaust rattles. poorly thought out items i.e. no auto locking doors, no rain sensing wipers....
OUCH!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:44 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My complaint is the G is too damn sexy. I could no longer trust that my girl was going out with me or my car. One day I woke up early and caught them both in the garage. There she was in her tight slip, rather sweaty and skwirmin on my reclined passenger seat. When I confronted her she said it was because she liked the smell of new leather. I could tell she was lieing... and then I saw it... oil on her fingers.. and I'm not talking baby oil here.. this was black 5w30. Sure enought she confessed to checking it's fluid levels but that's it she cried. I knew better, she wanted to feel and smell the oil, why else would it still have been on her fingers. When I brought this to her attention she got all defensive and stormed out of the garage crying saying I don't trust her any more.

I guess she was right, perhaps it's just jealousy blinding me. Still things were different, she was always wanting to help wax and buff and she never wanted to do that with my Celica GTS. She said she liked the look of her reflection in the glossy red paint. The help with maintenance was kind of nice, but then she's started complaining about headaches from the chemicals or back aches and our sex life suffered. Every time I'd turn around she'd be out on a quick jot to pick up some milk, or cigarettes.. never gone for too long.. but I noticed I couldn't keep a full tank for more then a day. We never had these problems before the G came into our lives. This couldn't go on, so I asked for her Fob. It was aweful, the begging and all, but the truth came out... she was only staying with me for the car. She packed her stuff and I haven't heard from her in days.

Watch your women guys... and girls, watch your men... hopefully you'll have better luck, but I doubt it.. the G's too damn sexy.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:05 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish my 6MT had a shift light built into the rpm guage.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:11 AM
LAG37

no complaints G37S owns.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:24 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

I've owned dozens of cars and this one is at the top of the list. No issues since August.

Quick Reply: Complaints/Negatives about the G37