G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My G got keyed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Envy07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
out of curiosity what body shop are did you take it to?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 AM
BEANCOUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qualitywah
wow really? thats to bad. i guess someone envys you. i live in houston too what area are you in. i havent seen many g37s. only a few.

i live in spring and work in the chase building off 1960 (north side)

i've been seeing more and more g37's. they're selling fast.

my car should be finished by today, hopefully ill get to go pick it up.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Ya never posted up any pics..
Old 02-18-2008, 04:41 PM
BEANCOUNTER

sorry about not getting you any pictures. i didnt take any before i took it to the shop, but the insurance adjuster took some pics so im trying to get him to send them to me.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Skankarella

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Anonymous damage sucks - worse that it's intentional. I've always wondered about the mindset of someone who would do that - I figure that they've never owned anything, never will and the best way to vent their bitterness is through destruction.

God, I sound old.

Some douche hit my G in the parking lot, after I had owned it a grand total of two months, so I know how you feel (though I imagine it's worse when it's clearly deliberate). I've actually paid more to have a lower deductible as a result, since apparently hit & runs and vandalism are rampant in Vancouver.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:47 PM
kellycm2

Beancounter - I feel your pain, went out to my car yesterday, which I currently have to park on the street, and someone had hit the rear bumber. the damage was limited to superficial scratches that went down to the black plastic. it really looks bad though against the LP. Sucks though, had the car for 8 days and already hit.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:18 PM
RedlineSi

Bean how much is the charge to repaint?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:11 PM
BEANCOUNTER

Originally Posted by RedlineSi
Bean how much is the charge to repaint?
got the car back on tuesday. looks great!! all together, the work cost me $1088.00 they retinted the windows, redid the clearbra, etc.

obviously i'd be happier to have never had this happen at all but im glad the work turned out ok, and im just glad to have it back.

boy, its crazy to hear all the rants about their cars getting messed up due to vandalism, accidents, etc. i feel bad for everyone, especially since i just had my first experience with it.

it really sucks now cause im so scared to drive it work, that i have to drive my saturn everyday and my wife gets to drive it to her work. i miss the car already.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:18 PM
YeahRightFoo

Originally Posted by BEANCOUNTER
got the car back on tuesday. looks great!! all together, the work cost me $1088.00 they retinted the windows, redid the clearbra, etc.
Why did they have to retint the windows and redo the clear bra if the damage is on the passenger side door?
Old 02-22-2008, 07:25 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no pics. damn u suck man. now your never allowed to ask for pics on this forum. glad you got her back though
Old 02-23-2008, 12:44 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by YeahRightFoo
Why did they have to retint the windows and redo the clear bra if the damage is on the passenger side door?
yeah y did they redo all that? just for the heck of it or?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:40 AM
BEANCOUNTER

Originally Posted by YeahRightFoo
they had to redo the tint cause some body shop guy scuffed the window and messed up the tint so they redid it.

the key mark went the entire length of the passenger side so when they repainted the front panel, they had to remove some of the clearbra that was on there. i guess i should clarify that the entire clearbra wasnt redone, just the portions on the quarter panel. sorry.

im still trying to get pics from the insurance adjuster. sorry fellas.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:07 AM
G37-Forever

Probably an illegal alien (there are lots in Houston) who was frustrated he couldn't steal it so keyed it instead. They don't all come here to work
Old 03-01-2008, 11:05 AM
jab23

I keep checking this post for pictures. To be honest, I'm not even sure why I want to see them. I think i just want to be pissed off along side you. As I mentioned earlier, my last car got keyed for no reason, if this one does, I think i will just cry....literally.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:35 AM
rl982

well, if you it makes you feel better, my car got egged a week after I got my G. the best part is that it was in a gated community, in a cul-de-sac, in the hills.

I waged war on every person on that street. I pledged to rev my exhaust as loud as I could at odd hours of the night.

But never again will I park outside. Haha

Quick Reply: My G got keyed!!!!!