G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My G got keyed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
GodWhomIsMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch, that is some miserable luck. Really sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it all works out for you.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Where are pics?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
PhatBankRoll

Originally Posted by BEANCOUNTER
i know infiniti gives free loaners for life.....i wonder if that includes the times when im bringing it in for body work. hmmmm
Cheer up you still have your motorcycle...
Attached Thumbnails My G got keyed!!!!!-biker-school.jpg  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
raptorius

^^^hahahaha
Old 02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
BEANCOUNTER

PHATBANKROLL (aka no bank roll)- stop hatin on me..... i can't help it if your american made pile of trash can't keep up with the sleek sexy G.

and if you can't keep up with my car, you certainly not gonna keep up with the bike. mmmwwahahahahahaha
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 PM
PhatBankRoll

PHATBANKROLL (aka no bank roll)- stop hatin on me..... i can't help it if your american made pile of trash can't keep up with the sleek sexy G.

and if you can't keep up with my car, you certainly not gonna keep up with the bike. mmmwwahahahahahaha
You need to bow down to the real "G" as in my big torque, import eatin' Mustang GT...

You really think you can overpower that big V8? Why don't we settle this at the track...BeanBoy!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:25 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-12-2008, 09:45 PM
BiskitG37

Sorry to hear about the damage - what is it about losers that are attracted to damaging G's (or any nice cars...)?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:33 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe

What he smilied.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
ELP_JC

Most likely random buddy. A sad fact of life. And no, can't for the life of me understand the motivation to do that kind of crap.

The reality is the car will never be new again, and having to leave it on a body shop absolutely SUCKS, but you have no choice. Just buy a big roll of plastic at Lowes and wrap your entire car in it so your interior is not touched. And also ask the shop your car has to sleep inside every day. Also be prepared to clay your car afterwards due to overspray (they always have some).

If I were you, I'd try to just 'blend' the paint if was done low enough so they don't have to dismantle your new baby (interior panels off, mirrors off, window moldings off, etc) to paint it. That way the whole car is wrapped, and they only paint and blend up and down, without having to remove any panels (if scratches didn't reach the edges of door, fender, etc).

An a$$hole hit my brand new Lexus convertible while parked, and ran, so had to go thru a similar situation. Instead of replacing the entire front fender (my initial preference), which would have required 'blending' the door, hood and roof, and further required interior door panel, mirror, door handle, window molding removed, decided on fixing the stock fender; much less 'invasive'. Work came out pretty good, but car was never like new again... but close.

Oh, and VERY IMPORTANT: take pictures of the damage and save them for resale, since it'll be reported to carfax, and you want to prove it was due to a scratch and not an accident. Good luck man, and I definitely feel your pain.
JC
Old 02-13-2008, 10:03 AM
BEANCOUNTER

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Most likely random buddy. A sad fact of life. And no, can't for the life of me understand the motivation to do that kind of crap.

The reality is the car will never be new again, and having to leave it on a body shop absolutely SUCKS, but you have no choice. Just buy a big roll of plastic at Lowes and wrap your entire car in it so your interior is not touched. And also ask the shop your car has to sleep inside every day. Also be prepared to clay your car afterwards due to overspray (they always have some).

If I were you, I'd try to just 'blend' the paint if was done low enough so they don't have to dismantle your new baby (interior panels off, mirrors off, window moldings off, etc) to paint it. That way the whole car is wrapped, and they only paint and blend up and down, without having to remove any panels (if scratches didn't reach the edges of door, fender, etc).

An a$$hole hit my brand new Lexus convertible while parked, and ran, so had to go thru a similar situation. Instead of replacing the entire front fender (my initial preference), which would have required 'blending' the door, hood and roof, and further required interior door panel, mirror, door handle, window molding removed, decided on fixing the stock fender; much less 'invasive'. Work came out pretty good, but car was never like new again... but close.

Oh, and VERY IMPORTANT: take pictures of the damage and save them for resale, since it'll be reported to carfax, and you want to prove it was due to a scratch and not an accident. Good luck man, and I definitely feel your pain.
JC

thanks alot man. this whole thing really sucks. its crazy how one measily scratch can make it so your car can never be the same again.

the body shop is parking it indoors, and they say it will be ready this friday or saturday. ive never claybared a car but i guess i'll have to go ahead and do it when i get the car back.

so sorry about your lexus. how devistating
Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 AM
HP_John

What the hell is wrong with our society? What would anyone key someone elses car? I have 0 enemies, yet my old car was keyed within 1 month of getting it, many yrs ago.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Fossil410

I was just keyed too, I refuse to dignify the bitch who did it with a full post though. long story short, car was parked at my house and someone had the ***** to come in my gated community with like 5 sherrifs for neighbors and key my ****. Thankfully it wasn't too deep and looks like im going to be able to get it buffed out. But to the op..don't try and rationalize it, people do low things, if we didnt have all these degenerates running around we wouldnt notice the people who do the great things. ya know, just be happy that you and me both are fortunate enough to be able to own/afford such a car. good luck buddy.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:21 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
were the heck are these picss
Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
qualitywah

thanks alot fellas, i know you're feelin my pain.

the car was parked in my parking garage at work. they have 14 different cameras in the parking garage, and it just so happens i was parked in one of 5 spaces that the cameras can't see. can you believe that?!!? hahahahaha, what rotten luck.

luckily insurance will cover everything, but im still out $500

im taking it in today to get an estimate. i know infiniti gives free loaners for life.....i wonder if that includes the times when im bringing it in for body work. hmmmm
wow really? thats to bad. i guess someone envys you. i live in houston too what area are you in. i havent seen many g37s. only a few.

Quick Reply: My G got keyed!!!!!