Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What gives???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:56 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you referring to me about sponsorships, i have not really been sponsored if you think aobut it. I paid for my rims, paid for my seats, paid for my brakes, didnt for a few things but everything on my car is going to be available for you guys. they needed cars to test and i was willing to LEAVE mine for days at a time. let others drive it, paid for many a rental on my own etc etc.

Sponsorships are where you get products for magazine or events etc. I got my deals b/c i am developing the parts with the companies. i resent how you all think its just Free **** being given to me left and right. i got mad receipts to prove you wrong.

why not buy the car then take it toa company to get aftermarket stuff made??
Old 01-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea dude, whether the G35 or G37, it will take at LEAST $10K to do FI the way it should be done.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
I actually got my FIRST G35 in January of 04.....so less than a
The first G Sedan hit the dealers in March of 2002, so they were out almost 2 years before you got your 04 X.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:08 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
The first G Sedan hit the dealers in March of 2002, so they were out almost 2 years before you got your 04 X.
Yup I remember stopping by the Infiniti dealer the day before I bought my Audi, all they had was a picture of it at the time but darn I wish I knew what that car was at the time, big mistake in getting an A4 1.8 over the G35!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Yup I remember stopping by the Infiniti dealer the day before I bought my Audi, all they had was a picture of it at the time but darn I wish I knew what that car was at the time, big mistake in getting an A4 1.8 over the G35!
I remember when I saw the G Sedan for the first time back in 02, I was like "WTH is that? That looks amazing!!" I didn't have a clue what it was when I saw it for the first time, but it was love at first sight. I ended up with an 03 BO in my driveway that fall.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember the very first time I saw a G35 coupe on the road. It was an 03 Caribbean blue and it was the most beautiful vehicle I had ever seen. I sped up and honked my horn to give the driver a thumbs up. He probably thought I was some nutcase.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:42 PM
UNV-IT46

i also liked the G35 coupe when it first came out. although the front end has always been a bit questionable for me. the sedan i never liked
Old 01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Turbo kits for the G35 Coupe start @ 5,700 for a turbonetics and go up to 9,000 for a APS Extreme kit..factor 3k for labor, fuel pumps and injectors, oil coolers, intake, exhaust and your lookin @ 15k for a professionally done turbo car pushing 450whp..(any more and EMS comes into play along with forged internals along with a reworked head port, camshafts, cam gears, titanium valves) Horsepower is not cheap, unless we're talking about a Supra, but even then it still cost a pretty penny..

As far as sponsorship cars are concerned, I've never gone to a HIN or any other sort of import show, I made cars for myself, so my parts were always out of pocket. You are to be considered fortunate and lucky to be sponsored as they don't sponsor jus anyone. You have to be dedicated and willing to drive to and put your name on the map. Taking risks is also a factor. These companies are spending crazy money on you. Take Alex Hudspeth from Maryland. He was on Modified Mag back in May 2005. He had one of the sickest s2000's I've ever seen. Yes he was sponsored out the *** but he drove everywhere, always promoted his sponsors and their parts b/c they are the ones that alow him to drive such a awesome vehicles. You either have the money to do it or dedicate your life to the import scene. It really is that simple. I would love to one day get sponsored for the show aspect of cars as they are not my specialty (body work, audio, interior) and performance aways has been. But I modify b/c I love to do so, not for free parts or for fame. That's why I respect RJ DeVera, despite all the moeny and fame that kid has, he's stil humble and is in it for the love of the scene. Just remember that...

Now where are my free 8 Piston Project Mu Brakes?!?!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by Callaway
I remember the very first time I saw a G35 coupe on the road. It was an 03 Caribbean blue and it was the most beautiful vehicle I had ever seen. I sped up and honked my horn to give the driver a thumbs up. He probably thought I was some nutcase.
Yup the Caribbean Blue did it for me too! Sad thing was when it finally came time for me to get my Coupe, they had already discontinued CB and the only new one left in the U.S. was a Manual, fully loaded, oh well!

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
i also liked the G35 coupe when it first came out. although the front end has always been a bit questionable for me. the sedan i never liked
The only thing they did wrong with the '03 Sedans was the huge whole in the trunk, they quickly fixed that though!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
KRAZY J

Originally Posted by Dominican_Capt
Twin Turbo kits for the G35 Coupe start @ 5,700 for a turbonetics and go up to 9,000 for a APS Extreme kit..factor 3k for labor, fuel pumps and injectors, oil coolers, intake, exhaust and your lookin @ 15k for a professionally done turbo car pushing 450whp..(any more and EMS comes into play along with forged internals along with a reworked head port, camshafts, cam gears, titanium valves) Horsepower is not cheap, unless we're talking about a Supra, but even then it still cost a pretty penny..

As far as sponsorship cars are concerned, I've never gone to a HIN or any other sort of import show, I made cars for myself, so my parts were always out of pocket. You are to be considered fortunate and lucky to be sponsored as they don't sponsor jus anyone. You have to be dedicated and willing to drive to and put your name on the map. Taking risks is also a factor. These companies are spending crazy money on you. Take Alex Hudspeth from Maryland. He was on Modified Mag back in May 2005. He had one of the sickest s2000's I've ever seen. Yes he was sponsored out the *** but he drove everywhere, always promoted his sponsors and their parts b/c they are the ones that alow him to drive such a awesome vehicles. You either have the money to do it or dedicate your life to the import scene. It really is that simple. I would love to one day get sponsored for the show aspect of cars as they are not my specialty (body work, audio, interior) and performance aways has been. But I modify b/c I love to do so, not for free parts or for fame. That's why I respect RJ DeVera, despite all the moeny and fame that kid has, he's stil humble and is in it for the love of the scene. Just remember that...

Now where are my free 8 Piston Project Mu Brakes?!?!
450hp thats it? I was thinkin the g37 would be making more around 500-600 with a twin turbo...wtf??? i mean **** the car is already at 330-340hp.... maybe after the intake and new exhaust are factored in it will produce 500+ponies...

I wonder what my 0-60 times would look like then? anybody have a idea
Old 01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by KRAZY J
450hp thats it? I was thinkin the g37 would be making more around 500-600 with a twin turbo...wtf??? i mean **** the car is already at 330-340hp.... maybe after the intake and new exhaust are factored in it will produce 500+ponies...

the stock internials can not handle that much hp. if you full rebuild then ya it can handle it. but a tt bolt on kit will not make that much. at least not for more then a couple of seconds before it goes boom
Old 01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Yeh its possible to produce that much power but your going to have to do some serious upgrades, major engine components, wider tires to even handle that much power. Mad $$$$ dude! 0-60 would be around 4, 1/4mile what 12.5 I don't remember I'm to lazy to look on Driver now.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:02 PM
KRAZY J

Question

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Yeh its possible to produce that much power but your going to have to do some serious upgrades, major engine components, wider tires to even handle that much power. Mad $$$$ dude! 0-60 would be around 4, 1/4mile what 12.5 I don't remember I'm to lazy to look on Driver now.
damn 3.9 to 4 flat..... the 1/4 mile has gotta be faster than that dude.... what kinda money are we talkin about dishing out for sumthin like this?... Also would i jus be beta off buying the GTR engine and puttin it in the G37
Old 01-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

damn 3.9 to 4 flat..... the 1/4 mile has gotta be faster than that dude.... what kinda money are we talkin about dishing out for sumthin like this?... Also would i jus be beta off buying the GTR engine and puttin it in the G37
Good luck! Even I won't try that....
Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

HAHAHA didn't someone post about this a while ago.. Wondering when and if someone would do that?? Well looks like KrazyJ is gunna buy the $30k+ GTR engine and put it in the G37.