well pure track car i'd go w/ viper acr
Old 01-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Pearlcoupeg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cvt
so what is the OP's price range?

if you're going to go for a Cayman..get the "S"

NSX (3.2), Viper, C6 are great too...

you want a really fun car to take to the track...EVO. ugly as sH*t but does that thing move like it owns the corners and a circuit track....i'd even go as far as saying i liked it better than an E46 M3, S2000, 350Z, and even 996 C2s....but only as far as taking it to a good circuit track like streets of willow
Price range...flexible i guess...but would like to stay in the 40-45 range. Maaaaybe 50kish for the PERFECT car but not really in my plans right now due to other things.

Cayman S is a sweet lil ride...NSX (97+) also super cool...and the C6 is a monster as well. I dont really want this car for the track (might do a few events) but want it to be pure. To me, the G37, 335i, M3, etc are not PURE sports cars as the have back seats and weigh a good bit (for their power levels).

I obv am just looking around now (S2K hasnt sold yet) and LOVE many many cars. So its not a life or death situation.....i just love the "Chase"

Regarding the Evo, i agree 100% on how sick they are. I just sold my 06 Evo IX SE with a few lil mods and i did LOVE that car...just couldnt get over the low-market interior for weekend trips, out to dinner, etc. The S2K (while not even close as quick) is WAY nicer to take down to the beach, take a date out to dinner, or go for a nice drive on a Sunday afternoon.....the Evo did one thing well - RIPPPP!

Great ideas/feedback though...i love hearing what otehrs say (hence this thread)...well most of you anyways
Old 01-29-2008, 10:36 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
all i know is once i drove an evo 9/10ths at a track my mind was like "i'm in love...". it seriously is that good. but it seems you like a little flash with your go...

i say a Cayman S for both that sexy look and thrill by the seat of your pants performance.

i have to disagree a little as far as an M3 not being a good track car...that car can move...drove an SMG vert (the heaviest of them all) at SOW and it danced around corners and s turns like it was born there....still not EVO euphoria though...but it's damn close for what you get luxury / looks wise...
Old 01-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Pearlcoupeg35

Originally Posted by cvt
all i know is once i drove an evo 9/10ths at a track my mind was like "i'm in love...". it seriously is that good. but it seems you like a little flash with your go...

i say a Cayman S for both that sexy look and thrill by the seat of your pants performance.

i have to disagree a little as far as an M3 not being a good track car...that car can move...drove an SMG vert (the heaviest of them all) at SOW and it danced around corners and s turns like it was born there....still not EVO euphoria though...but it's damn close for what you get luxury / looks wise...
I hear ya on the Evo....i had a few times where i was SCARED of that thing.

You got it - love the GO but need a lil flash as well..... Cayman S is a solid pick....now to find a White on Black one CPOed for the right price.......

And on the M3, i know i know...knew that would get some flack but i meant the car isnt a pure sports car setup - not that it cant run with the sports cars - because i know they can!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 PM
ronin1099

My choices before G37 were CLS63 or M6, had to get the G37 because of the house purchase. Also insurance was about $250 more for one of these two cars above.
I test drove both and I must say, M6 Hardtop is such an amazing car, it accelerates so quick and turns so well. CLS63 is great too but its a different animal, more luxury.

Test drove Evo and Subaru, those 2 cars are really great rally cars lol
Old 01-29-2008, 11:18 PM
AdamJ

Good luck finding a GT-R for less than $20,000+ over MSRP.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:03 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
With the way the economy is right now and how people are worried plus the sales of Infiniti/Nissan fun vehicles I think the GTR is going to be selling for MSRP at most it might go for $10,000 above. I doubt people will pay more than that with how things are right now.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 AM
wireboltman

Originally Posted by da mayor
well pure track car i'd go w/ viper acr
The Viper is a plenty good enough road car, too.
No problem-
Old 01-30-2008, 09:17 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by bboysteele
With the way the economy is right now and how people are worried plus the sales of Infiniti/Nissan fun vehicles I think the GTR is going to be selling for MSRP at most it might go for $10,000 above. I doubt people will pay more than that with how things are right now.
Wrong. Plenty of people with money to overpay for the GT-R. If you tell me I can buy one for $15K over MSRP today, you will have my check tomorrow! I am totally serious.

Cayman S was the car I narrowed down with the G37 when I ordered the G. I'm 6'-3" and the Cayman was just a little tight for me, but it is a beautiful car and is no more a chick car than the G. The G with the rear jump seats works with my kids as well. I wouldn't put any adults back there unless it is just one so they can sit sideways...
Old 01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
aggreed. the people who have the money to pay that much over sticker still have their money and no worries.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:56 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its kind of funny we are comparing a 40k luxury 4 seater coupe to a 100k plus purpose built 2 seater sports car.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Orbie

Originally Posted by COUPE-DADDY
Its kind of funny we are comparing a 40k luxury 4 seater coupe to a 100k plus purpose built 2 seater sports car.
Wait, what car are you talking about here? Cayman S? that thing isn't 100K even up here so I doubt it, are you talking about the GT-R? that's a 2+2 coupe (same as the G37) so probably not. Someone brought up the Viper ACR before, that's definitely a 2 seater, is that what we're comparing it to?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Pearlcoupeg35

Originally Posted by COUPE-DADDY
Are you reading the same thread as me?

Cars we are talking about:

G37
Viper ACR (these are the new ones FYI)
NSX (you see i mentioned the 97+ years)
C6
Cayman S
GTR

None of those cars are even close to 100k....
Old 01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
wireboltman

The Viper is probably one of the best bangs for the buck.

Raw, brute force-

Still plenty comfortable enough to travel around. Limited luggage room, but if you pack prudently, two people can go for a good week or so, easily.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:43 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys got me I was reading another thread about the new ZR-1, and replyed to this one.

Quick Reply: G37 as my performance car?????