Sponsored By:

Lost Key.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:02 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by likwidfuzion
You're not supposed to give them the valet key, you're supposed to give them the Intelligent Key. You lock the glove and trunk with the valet key.
The only problem with that is when you take off the key itself, so goes the keychain as well so the valet has nothing to attach your slip too..
Old 01-26-2008, 01:03 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"fu*k my life"= quote from superbad correct?

mexican dude that works in the liquor store? if any1 is fimilair with the movie thats what im talking about...
Old 01-26-2008, 01:24 AM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
The only problem with that is when you take off the key itself, so goes the keychain as well so the valet has nothing to attach your slip too..
That's not necessarily our problem.

Directly quoted from the Quick Reference Guide on pg. 4:

For Vehicle Valet Hand-Off
1 Push the OFF side of the CANCEL (ON/OFF) switch.
2 Remove the Mechanical Key from the Intelligent Key and use it to lock the glove box and the trunk pass-through.
3 Hand the Intelligent Key to the valet. Keep the Mechanical Key “on your person.”
4 When you retrieve your vehicle and Intelligent Key from the valet, unlock the glove box and trunk pass-through with the Mechanical Key and push the ON side of the CANCEL (ON/OFF) switch. Reinsert the Mechanical Key into the Intelligent Key.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:39 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sucks dude
Old 01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

That's not necessarily our problem.
While I agree, no valet company in the world is going to make it their problem! And even if they would replace it, well your stuck at where ever you are until they find it or you can get a spare. I think that presents a problem.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
NemesisG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by junyea
Where did you get that price from? Are you getting the key, and the programming seperate? I spoke with Jason from Riverside and he was gonna get me the key for $50, but that doesn't include programing.

Where are you getting the key fob, and the programming done @?

I lost my first key, 1 month after owning my G! oooops
Got the price quote from my local dealer....I was told by the part department, $115 gets me a new key and reprograms both.

Wow... $50 bucks, from Jason at Riverside. I guess ill have to contact him, b/c i doubt reprogramming a key costs more than the key itself.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:05 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
While I agree, no valet company in the world is going to make it their problem! And even if they would replace it, well your stuck at where ever you are until they find it or you can get a spare. I think that presents a problem.
This argument applies to all cars with any type of key, not just cars with RFID. Is it any different if they lost my mechanical key to my Honda Civic, Ford Focus, or whatever? I'm stranded there until I get a key to start the ignition regardless. See what I'm getting at?
Old 01-26-2008, 02:14 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

This argument applies to all cars with any type of key, not just cars with RFID. Is it any different if they lost my mechanical key to my Honda Civic, Ford Focus, or whatever? I'm stranded there until I get a key to start the ignition regardless. See what I'm getting at?
I agree but what I'm trying to get at is if there is nothing to attach a slip too with just the fob then the probability of losing our keys increases compared to other vehicles.