Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:58 PM
damafuka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 issues

Has anyone experienced any problems w/ thier G37 or has infiniti pulled thier heads out of thier asses and resplved all the problems from the previous model (G35). Issues like clutch chatter, axle click, window problems, tranny hum, oil consumption, etc. Looking to upgrade my 04 6mt
Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty much all of those issues were resolved. I came from an 04 AT and it is a night and day difference.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:58 PM
cdebnil

Originally Posted by damafuka
Has anyone experienced any problems w/ thier G37 or has infiniti pulled thier heads out of thier asses and resplved all the problems from the previous model (G35). Issues like clutch chatter, axle click, window problems, tranny hum, oil consumption, etc. Looking to upgrade my 04 6mt
Me and another person has had their rear speakers fail...also some driver door issues....nothing else that isnt addressed with a tsb
Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 PM
DoubleParadoxx

My rear speakers are popping in and out recently. My clutch is kinda clicky/crunchy as well.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm starting to get the axle click if I think you talking about that noise when you put your in reverse? Just need to torque down the rear end and that fixed it on my G35. Haven't seen a single thread on oil consumption.

Originally Posted by Callaway
Pretty much all of those issues were resolved. I came from an 04 AT and it is a night and day difference.
Ditto.

Originally Posted by cdebnil
Me and another person has had their rear speakers fail...also some driver door issues....nothing else that isnt addressed with a tsb
I'm still wondering how exactly I either blew a fuse or what that caused that problem.. Very weird IMO.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
bocatrip

Didn't you forget to mention front tire feathering and rattles???? Of course the G37 is still pretty new and even the G35 Coupes didn't become problematic until a year or so when all those problems starting coming out. I'm sure the G37 has to be head over heels of an improvement after the G35 Coupes.

Last edited by bocatrip; 01-25-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 PM
drbru

The Navigation is freezing. At least mine and a couple other peoples are too.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/176220-nav-crashed-today.html

there is currently no tsb to my knowlegde. That said Im currently having my "navigation control unit" replaced. The dealers dont stock it. They have to order 1 at a time. It took them 2 weeks to get a replacement.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:48 PM
dezicartel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DoubleParadoxx
My rear speakers are popping in and out recently. My clutch is kinda clicky/crunchy as well.
my passenger side speakers would give out and in, and I narrowed the problem down to my ipod cable malfunctioning. Now I gotta swap that out, and it should be fine.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:55 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dezicartel
my passenger side speakers would give out and in, and I narrowed the problem down to my ipod cable malfunctioning. Now I gotta swap that out, and it should be fine.
Whooops almost forgot about that. My iPOd cable was messed up the day I got my car, still haven't been back to the dealer to pick up the new one.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
SantiagoDraco

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the factory cable is far too stiff. I'm thinking about building one with a more standard cable, might help avoid problems down the road.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:22 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the rattles, the axle thick, the broken exhaust, rad fans had to be switched out they were making an awful noise. and a lot of membors are having the window issues where the windows are just rolling down...
Old 01-26-2008, 08:37 PM
iansw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Whooops almost forgot about that. My iPOd cable was messed up the day I got my car, still haven't been back to the dealer to pick up the new one.
Interesting - mine too. Got it replaced right away tho.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:04 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
I have the rattles, the axle thick, the broken exhaust, rad fans had to be switched out they were making an awful noise. and a lot of membors are having the window issues where the windows are just rolling down...
none of these were fixed through warranty?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:06 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cvt
none of these were fixed through warranty?
oh ya everything. I just have not had time to leave the car to get the exhaust, axles fixed. the fans they replaced on the spot so it was ok. the rattles they said they would need the car for a couple of days to pinpoint where they are coming from
Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 PM
bocatrip

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
oh ya everything. I just have not had time to leave the car to get the exhaust, axles fixed. the fans they replaced on the spot so it was ok. the rattles they said they would need the car for a couple of days to pinpoint where they are coming from
The G37 has rattles? I know that the G35 Coupes were plagued with them but I thought the G37 was pretty much rattle free.

Quick Reply: G37 issues