Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bocatrip
The G37 has rattles? I know that the G35 Coupes were plagued with them but I thought the G37 was pretty much rattle free.
well i didnt own a g35 but my 37 rattles
Old 01-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Comatose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My entire center stack area creaks when driving over bumps or even when i press against it with my fingers...
Old 01-28-2008, 04:02 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll get flamed for this Im sure - but I gotta say it - Infiniti could take some pointers on build quality from Lexus, just as Lexus could maybe take a few performance related lessons from Infi. Though th Lexus IS-F may prove that they will hold their own.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
raptorius

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
I'll get flamed for this Im sure - but I gotta say it - Infiniti could take some pointers on build quality from Lexus, just as Lexus could maybe take a few performance related lessons from Infi. Though th Lexus IS-F may prove that they will hold their own.
Honestly, most companies can take some pointers from Lexus, not just infiniti. Parents have a Lexus GS350, thats supposed to be a sports sedan with a sportier suspension than most lexus and yet no creaks or nothing, doors feel and shut solidly, handles are great.

If there is one thing I absolutely love about Lexus is their Intelligent Key so to speak. The button locks the car, but to open it, u just put your hand on the handle (as if you were opening it) you hear the beep and you are in. So much better than Infinitis button pushing method.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:05 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by raptorius
Honestly, most companies can take some pointers from Lexus, not just infiniti. Parents have a Lexus GS350, thats supposed to be a sports sedan with a sportier suspension than most lexus and yet no creaks or nothing, doors feel and shut solidly, handles are great.

If there is one thing I absolutely love about Lexus is their Intelligent Key so to speak. The button locks the car, but to open it, u just put your hand on the handle (as if you were opening it) you hear the beep and you are in. So much better than Infinitis button pushing method.
GS handles like a boat...so much for "sporty suspension"

but i do agree with their intelli-key system being better than ours....kinda like the bmws
Old 01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well given the size and weight of the car and the fact that it can seat 5 COMFORTABLY - I would say the GS has a sporty as possible suspension. If you are ok with only seating 2 in the back with more confined space and can settle for a smaller chassis, then the new IS can do the trick...

My dad's 2000 GS400 still whispers quiet when revved to the max, idles quiet and has no major squeaks or rattles whatsoever - and that's with 120k miles! Our new IS250 feels solid as well too my Mom loves it! The AWD sticks to the Michigan wintry roads...

Anyhow I love my G - I just really really wish the performance and sporty feel of my G could meet the refined and seamless build quality of Lexus that's all.....*sigh*
Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Well given the size and weight of the car and the fact that it can seat 5 COMFORTABLY - I would say the GS has a sporty as possible suspension. If you are ok with only seating 2 in the back with more confined space and can settle for a smaller chassis, then the new IS can do the trick...

My dad's 2000 GS400 still whispers quiet when revved to the max, idles quiet and has no major squeaks or rattles whatsoever - and that's with 120k miles! Our new IS250 feels solid as well too my Mom loves it! The AWD sticks to the Michigan wintry roads...

Anyhow I love my G - I just really really wish the performance and sporty feel of my G could meet the refined and seamless build quality of Lexus that's all.....*sigh*
curb weight for the GS 350 is 3,795
curb weight for the M35 is 3,876 lbs

and the M has proven to be better handling than the GS

i do agree with u that lexus is quiet....if i really wanted a luxo car, i prolly would have gone lexus but i wanted a sporty coupe, which lexus doesn't offer
Old 01-29-2008, 01:56 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
oh ya everything. I just have not had time to leave the car to get the exhaust, axles fixed. the fans they replaced on the spot so it was ok. the rattles they said they would need the car for a couple of days to pinpoint where they are coming from
What kind of noise was the radiator fan making. I think that I may have a noise coming from the radiator fans as well. It faintly sounds like something is crackling.

My dealer however "could not duplicate" the problem. It makes sense that it could be the radiator fan because it seems to happen intermittently.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 01-29-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
What kind of noise was the radiator fan making. I think that I may have a noise coming from the radiator fans as well. It faintly sounds like something is crackling.

My dealer however "could not duplicate" the problem. It makes sense that it could be the radiator fan because it seems to happen intermittently.
yes my fan was making a combo of squeeking and cracking like it was breaking every time it spun. but it was obvious which is why they changed it right away....
Old 01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
roydiculous

My nav freezes too. Happened twice this month. Besides that I have no complains, no rattles, no noises but only 1600 miles on her.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
DEC1

Don't assume Lexus has it all figured out....they don't...

I just traded my IS 250 AWD in today for a G37....pick it up on Sat and can't wait!!!

My Lexus has more squeaks, rattles and tire noise than you can imagine. They really missed the mark with this car. It handles like crap...has no power...and covers the wheels with brake dust...etc etc

I hope I don't experience some of the issues listed above but I really appreciate the people on this forum and their willingness to talk about the issues they are having.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brake dust is freakin awful with the IS250 just as it was in my 04 G35C. Aftermarket pads quickly solved that problem. Don't worry, they resolved the issue with the G37 moving to Akebono.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Comatose

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
yes my fan was making a combo of squeeking and cracking like it was breaking every time it spun. but it was obvious which is why they changed it right away....
On the topic of crackling, does anyone else's car make ALOT of crackling noise while the car is hot? (e.g. after a 1/2 hr drive). Heat/expansion noise is generally not uncommon, but on my car it is very loud ... like the rustling of tin foil. It also seems to come from underneath the car from the front cabin to the engine bay....
Old 01-29-2008, 08:35 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Here are some of the issues I plan to get fixed on my first visit to the dealer:

1) When braking in DS mode, the RPM jumps by a 1000.
2) On manual mode, shifting from 2 to 3 is extremely harsh.
3) At high speeds I hear noises from the side skirts.
4) Radio station (ex. XM) sometimes resets to number 1 by itself (when starting the car).
5) Next time you get in the car don't turn your audio. I hear cracking noises from all pillars. The whole room lining might be loose.
6) Horrible front paint chips. Paint quality is definitely questionable!!
7) Gas mileage is about 13 at 3K miles (75% city driving).
8) Muffler noise which others have been reporting which I think is normal (when the car is cold)

Overall, I love this beast (as my first official ride).

By the way, what do you think about the quality of windshield wipers?? Mine don't work well!!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 PM
bocatrip

Your paint issues are the same for all Infiniti models. A 3M clear bra is a must.

Quick Reply: G37 issues