Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Secret Key Fob Command?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:19 AM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Secret Key Fob Command?

okay listen. i think my car is posessed. there have been many phanton happenings with my G that i cant explain. some of which i've already mentioned on these posts before. like my battery dyiing and then coming back in 10 minutes with no reboot.......anyways, so my newest tale has to do with me getting some stuff out of my trunk. here goes:

so i shut off the G and close the doors. walk to the trunk and open it to get my laptop and some bags out of there. i grab my keys and put the key fob in my mouth as i have 5 bags of groceries and a lap top case in -15 degree weather. as i close the trunk with the keys still in my mouth (i know -gross -thats fine) i walk over to the side of the G and realize my windows are rolling down slowly....... i immedietly grab my keys and look at my key fob wondering if there was a windows down code i didnt know about. i take my groceries in the house run out and turn on the car to roll the windows back up.. i didnt do it again.

im scared. what gives? i wont be able to sleep until this makes sense. maybe my car is a transformer?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:25 AM
cdebnil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dzine07
okay listen. i think my car is posessed. there have been many phanton happenings with my G that i cant explain. some of which i've already mentioned on these posts before. like my battery dyiing and then coming back in 10 minutes with no reboot.......anyways, so my newest tale has to do with me getting some stuff out of my trunk. here goes:

so i shut off the G and close the doors. walk to the trunk and open it to get my laptop and some bags out of there. i grab my keys and put the key fob in my mouth as i have 5 bags of groceries and a lap top case in -15 degree weather. as i close the trunk with the keys still in my mouth (i know -gross -thats fine) i walk over to the side of the G and realize my windows are rolling down slowly....... i immedietly grab my keys and look at my key fob wondering if there was a windows down code i didnt know about. i take my groceries in the house run out and turn on the car to roll the windows back up.. i didnt do it again.

im scared. what gives? i wont be able to sleep until this makes sense. maybe my car is a transformer?
Nope, your G isn't possessed...If you hold down the unlock button on the keyfob a couple of seconds, both your windows will go down automatically...Its handy for really hot days when you want to roll your windows down before you get into the car.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^what he said. You were probably biting down a little too hard on the unlock button.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Tell your demon G to learn how to roll the windows up with the keyfob.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:49 PM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome! thanks guys. so can you reverse the command to roll them up? and are they any other secret commands to know about?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

nope, you can't roll them up from the fob.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Callaway
nope, you can't roll them up from the fob.
Wouldn't the Window-Roll-Up Module get the job done though? Or has it not been tested on the G37 yet?

http://www.kptechnologies.com/
Old 01-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

I dont see why that wouldn't work.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
kiddmaff5646

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Tell your demon G to learn how to roll the windows up with the keyfob.
haha haha
Old 01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by gmlee86
Wouldn't the Window-Roll-Up Module get the job done though? Or has it not been tested on the G37 yet?

http://www.kptechnologies.com/
It works 100%, I really need to get mine installed I miss that feature from my G35.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:58 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can put the holy water & crucifix away - before you resort to an exorcism for your G - Lexus equips the same feature as do many premium vehicles. On a hot day it lets you let the air in so that you don't cook alive when you step in....
Old 01-24-2008, 03:16 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

It works 100%, I really need to get mine installed I miss that feature from my G35.
Are they hard to install? I'm thinking of getting a couple of modules from them
Old 01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by gmlee86
Are they hard to install? I'm thinking of getting a couple of modules from them
I won't say they're hard if you know what your doing. I think its pretty straight forward but I always have mine installed from the kid who sells em for $15. Which mods are you looking to have installed? I highly recommend the Window Roll-up mod, I used it 5 times a day everyday, never had a problem with it.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:22 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

I won't say they're hard if you know what your doing. I think its pretty straight forward but I always have mine installed from the kid who sells em for $15. Which mods are you looking to have installed? I highly recommend the Window Roll-up mod, I used it 5 times a day everyday, never had a problem with it.
I was thinking of getting the Window Roll-Up Module as well as the Nav Bypass (if I'm understanding the function of it correctly, It'll allow the full use of the Nav system while moving instead of having to pull over to search for stuff). Currently they don't have one for the G37 but they're hoping that the '07 G35 sedan module will work since they use the same systems.

http://www.kptechnologies.com/forums...pic.php?t=1011
http://www.kptechnologies.com/forums...pic.php?t=1006

And if there is enough interest, Kevin might offer a group by like he did with G35Driver a year ago

http://www.kptechnologies.com/forums...opic.php?t=235
Old 01-24-2008, 05:23 PM
axylus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 06 Honda Accord has the same feature... it does come in handy in the summer.

Quick Reply: Secret Key Fob Command?