Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Secret Key Fob Command?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:57 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Ok the Nav bypass will automatically click "Agree" on the Nav screen for you after 5-10 seconds and (if I remember correctly) it will allow full use of the Nav features while moving. I do not know about the other features, phone, settings etc.. If will NOT allow you play movies or use Aux so if you looking to do that, wrong road. Everything for the previous models will work for the G37, already inquired.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah the KP mod is a good one. Not too tough to install. SFLG35 (daniel) is a distributor for them.

You can also roll up your windows by putting the key in the keyhole and turning it while they are down.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:51 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Ok the Nav bypass will automatically click "Agree" on the Nav screen for you after 5-10 seconds and (if I remember correctly) it will allow full use of the Nav features while moving. I do not know about the other features, phone, settings etc.. If will NOT allow you play movies or use Aux so if you looking to do that, wrong road. Everything for the previous models will work for the G37, already inquired.
Yeah I'm not looking to watch movies while driving, but having all the menus grayed out while driving is what I'm looking to eliminate.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:53 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gmlee86
Yeah I'm not looking to watch movies while driving, but having all the menus grayed out while driving is what I'm looking to eliminate.
The only bad thing is that if you are allowed to put destinations in while driving it could be very unsafe. At least I would find it to be due to how much of a pain it is to input addresses into the Nav system.

Last edited by bboysteele; 01-24-2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Need to read things closer :)
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by bboysteele
The only bad thing is that if you are allowed to put destinations in while driving it could be very unsafe. At least I would find it to be due to how much of a pain it is to input addresses into the Nav system.
Its a lot safer than screaming at that voice command! The ONE time it doesn't get the address perfect I'm on the highway and I'm not able to stop until I get off and haven't a clue which exit. Gogo iPhone!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:50 PM
SantiagoDraco

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha, yeah getting stuck can be annoying.

I'm pretty amazed at how well the voice system does interpret address commands though, it's pretty damn good.

I'm also looking into this mod. Anyone know if they completed their testing on the G37? It was supposed to be happening this week or last I believe.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 AM
Rambo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought my G was possessed too, then I realized that my fob was in my jacket in the wash machine.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:44 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rambo
I thought my G was possessed too, then I realized that my fob was in my jacket in the wash machine.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

that's hilarious
Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by Rambo
. your g is haunted..
Old 01-26-2008, 08:16 PM
UNV-IT46

I want the nav one just so i can run either the blitz gauge screen or the defi one....
Old 01-28-2008, 06:39 PM
chasemyaccord

i haven't really found a good reason to use the window rolldown feature...can't see why i'd want to add a rollup feature on top of that.

can anyone explain what they use these for? other than just looking cool
Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 PM
spyderbret

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
i haven't really found a good reason to use the window rolldown feature...can't see why i'd want to add a rollup feature on top of that.

Besides the cool factor.... I find it very helpful in the summer Vegas heat. I roll down the windows as I approach the car so that when I get in I don't instantly bake.
Closed up cars in the heat, especially in Vegas can get over 150 degrees. It sucks but rolling the windows down and turning the A/C on help it cool down faster...
Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 PM
RUsum1
Registered Member

Sorry for rehashing an old thread but since it's already here I might as well add onto it. Does the Infiniti dealer install these modules or do I have to find a place to do it? What's the typical cost to have one installed? Two that I think I would want are the tilting mirror in reverse and the keyfob roll up feature.

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord

RAIN! Imagine you are somewhere and it suddenly starts POURING. Instead of having to run to the car and getting wet to roll the windows up, just hold the button while under some shelter. I think the roll-up feature is more useful than the roll down feature personally.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:09 PM
socialconflicts

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dzine07
so my newest tale has to do with me getting some stuff out of my trunk.
hmm.. here it goes.

Quick Reply: Secret Key Fob Command?